PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hitting with a wilson pro staff classic 6.0 85?

jlukephoto
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Have you noticed if rackets with larger grips are much heavier?

My friend and I both use the same racket: Pro Staff Classic 6.0 85.

My racket has a 4 5/8 grip and is noticably heavier than his, which is a 4 1/2.

Has anyone noticed that with this racket in particular, or all rackets in general, that the larger grip size rackets are heavier, even if they're exactly the same model?

I never realized how heavy my 4 5/8 really is until I picked up his racket. It's a great tool when you connect on ground strokes or serves - because you get a lot of weight behind the shot - but you notice it after a lot of serving unless you are really strong or big.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Jeff

BreakPoint
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Actually, it's called just the Pro Staff 6.0 85, not to be confused with the Pro Staff 6.1 Classic.

Generally, different grip sizes shouldn't affect the weight with Wilson racquets (not the case with Yonex racquets). There are always manufacturing tolerances which could affect the weight. I have two nSix-One Tours that are 0.5 oz. different in weight, which I think is a lot.

As far as the PS 6.0 85 is concerned, it could be that the two racquets were made in different years and at different manufacturing plants. Wilson changed the specs slightly from year to year. The older versions, Chicago ('82-'83), St. Vincent ('83-'91), and Taiwan ('91-'94) were heavier than the newer China-made ('94-'03) version.