PDA

View Full Version : A very general question about racquet series

AndrewD
06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I was wondering if people thought that there was a 'feel' peculiar to each 'family' of racquets. By that I mean the POG OS, POG midplus, POG longbody as one 'family' or the PS 6.0 85, PS 6.0 95 , Volkl '10' series or the Head Prestige mid series as other examples. That doesn't include racquets that fall under the banner of ProStaff ( like the PS Tour) but those that have an interation such as an 85sq, 95sq, 110sq etc but share the same material properties. Stiffness, weight and swingweight (as well as head size) may change but the composition remains the same.

Im asking as my brother was a long time user of the old Snauwert Hi-Ten series (the midsize and the 100sq) and it has literally taken years for him to ween himself off that particular feel. He's using a POG OS but has hit with the midplus and longbody versions and feels that, despite the obvious differences (stiffness, weight, swingweight and headsize) there is a 'feel' common to all of them but unique to anything else. He believes that, when he uses each one he only needs allow for those differences and he gets the same predictable response from each. Yes, he's looking for a predictable response and a unique feel that runs over a series of racquets with iterations in the midsize, midplus and oversize range just like his old Snauwert.

A little bit tricky to explain but Im sure most will get the general idea.

Have others found anything similar with different lines of racquet - a common response, even allowing for weight, size and flex differences?

Z-Man
07-09-2005, 04:38 PM
I think some people tend to be brand loyal, and a lot of it is because of "feel" similarities in racquet lines. I don't think the technologies really do much for your game, but they do produce different feeling racquets.

wtennis206
07-09-2005, 04:56 PM
I think the Babolat AeroPros are the best out there, but that's just for MY game.