PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again..who has the hardest draw?

egn
06-17-2011, 06:15 AM
So again out of the big 4 who has it the worst? I'm kind of edging Murray here. His third round prospects are Cilic or Ljubicic, two big serving guys who can kill the ball. Although he is 5-1 against Cilic most of their matches have been tight and I think we all remember that beatdown Cilic gave Murray at the US Open not too long ago. Ljubicic might be even more dangerous, the guy is hit or miss, but Murray has always struggled against him and Ljubicic serves huge and can hit some damn good volleys if necessary. Though Ljubicic has never gone past round 3 at wimby but it's all about matchups.

Then looking to round 4 it is most likely going to be either Gasquet or Stan..two more players who Murray is probably not happy to see. Stan took Murray to five back in 09 here and wore him down and then last year took him out in the US Open. Gasquet has a reputation for choking against Murray but it is good to note his only two wins have come from when Gasquet all ready had two sets in the bank not something anyone wants too look forward to going into the QFs.

His QF could be any of Roddick, Lopez, Karolvic, Monfils, Janko etc. It's a seemingly wide open section but a handful of troublesome guys. If Karolvic serves well he can cruise through and then although Murray is undefeated against him he can expect a lot of work. I think all can recall what Roddick did to him back in 2009. He did just dismantle him a week ago, but if Murray gets passive and Roddick's serve gets rolling things get ugly. Feliciano Lopez just another big serving guy with a good grass game. Monfils and Janko might not get it going but the prospects are deadly.

Now cue in Nadal as a SF or Berdych or the off chance one of Raonic or Del Potro get rolling and then of course the final things look rough...

Fed can basically sleep until his QF with most likely Tsonga (unless Isner v Mahut isn't a magical marathon) a fourth round prospect with Isner could be a bit tough but Fed likes big servers.

Djokovic has Baggy...and then Llodra? Not sure where he really has to worry Soderling poses a threat, but then Djokovic's grass game is a bit shaky, but with his draw he has no excuse for not getting to at least the QF.

Nadal looks good until either Raonic/Haas and then is clear until Berdych who he kind of dismantled last year so he should be good as well..

Let the war begin

Tammo
06-17-2011, 06:30 AM
I'd say it is pretty evened out, but Federer has Manno in the 2nd, Nalby in the 3rd, Youzhny or Isner in the 4th, and Tsonga Dolgo or Ferrer in the quarters.

Nadal has Raonic in the 3rd, Del Potro or Simon in the 4th, and Fish or Berdych in the quarters.

Murray has Cilic or Ljubicic in the 3rd, Gasquet or Wawrinka in the 4th, and Monfils or Roddick in the quarters.

Djokovic has Baghdatis in the 3rd, Llodra or Troicki in the 4th, and Soderling in the quarters.

cknobman
06-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Actually if things went right Nadal could end up having to play quite a few huge servers this Wimbledon which makes for a very distinct possibility of a freak upset.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 06:39 AM
And here we go again! Federer & Djokovic in the same half. Looks like Nadal will win another Major without having to go through ("The King") this year!

egn
06-17-2011, 06:40 AM
And here we go again! Federer & Djokovic in the same half. Looks like Nadal will win another Major without having to go through ("The King") this year!

It's grass...assuming we are talking Djokovic...Nadal wouldn't have been sweating had Djokovic had been there.

tennis_pro
06-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Dont forget about Andujar in round 2!

If he can have a 5-1 40-0 lead on his own serve against Nadal on clay, he could well have a 5-1 40-0 lead in 2 sets on grass!

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 06:42 AM
It's grass...assuming we are talking Djokovic...Nadal wouldn't have been sweating had Djokovic had been there.

I wanted Fed to be in Nadal's half, so atleast he wouldn't gift Nadal another Major if he reached the finals...

egn
06-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Dont forget about Andujar in round 2!

If he can have a 5-1 40-0 lead on his own serve against Nadal on clay, he could well have a 5-1 40-0 lead in 2 sets on grass!

and choke it...

egn
06-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I wanted Fed to be in Nadal's half, so atleast he wouldn't gift Nadal another Major if he reached the finals...

I kind of wanted to see a Muzza/Nadal rematch..third times a charm!

CMM
06-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Brad Gilbert:

just like the French, the halves are the same. Rafa-Murray and Fed-Djoker. Rafa got the toughest quarter, Fed and Murray the easiest.

http://twitter.com/#!/bgtennisnation/status/81709608913207296

egn
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Brad Gilbert:

Wow Brad wtf? How on earth...are we serious..outside of Berdych who in Murray's quarter has done any damage on grass. Sometimes he says the dumbest things. Murray got it easiest? WTF? Still scratching my head.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Brad Gilbert:

Brad Gilbert is a certified *******.

CMM
06-17-2011, 06:52 AM

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-06-17/7284.php

Boricua
06-17-2011, 06:53 AM
I'd say it is pretty evened out, but Federer has Manno in the 2nd, Nalby in the 3rd, Youzhny or Isner in the 4th, and Tsonga Dolgo or Ferrer in the quarters.

Nadal has Raonic in the 3rd, Del Potro or Simon in the 4th, and Fish or Berdych in the quarters.

Murray has Cilic or Ljubicic in the 3rd, Gasquet or Wawrinka in the 4th, and Monfils or Roddick in the quarters.

Djokovic has Baghdatis in the 3rd, Llodra or Troicki in the 4th, and Soderling in the quarters.

Nadal will have to play his best to beat Del Potro. Del Potro is the dark horse and is getting into Topt Ten form rapidly.

batz
06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Nadal will have to play his best to beat Del Potro. Del Potro is the dark horse and is getting into Topt Ten form rapidly.

No he won't. It's grass. Delpo looked like Bambi on ice @ Queen's.

Murray has the hardest draw. He has a triple Wimby finalist and a Wimby semifinalist to beat before he makes semis - I don't think Rafa or anyone else has that to contend with.

cc0509
06-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh please, since when have any of those players been a strong threat to Nadal--i.e. Raonic or Del Potro?

Besides, if Nadal is the best player in the world, why would he have ANY kind of difficult draw? The best in the world should defeat any of those players easily, no?

TheTruth
06-17-2011, 06:57 AM
^^^

I agree with this writer. An absolutely brutal draw for Rafa. Really sad.

cc0509
06-17-2011, 06:58 AM

LOL @ *******s worried about Delpo against Nadal. Unless Nadal's form is bad, Delpo should be no problem for him.

zagor
06-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Actually Sean Randall usually can't stand Fed either but I would agree Nadal has a tougher draw than Fed this time around,both of them got their pigeons in QF but Berdych is much better on grass than David and Nadal has slightly tougher potential early round match-ups.

zagor
06-17-2011, 07:02 AM

Murray has the hardest draw. He has a triple Wimby finalist and a Wimby semifinalist to beat before he makes semis - I don't think Rafa or anyone else has that to contend with.

He looked similarly against Hewitt in 2009 as well.I'd agree overall that Murray has it hardest,Gasquet is playing well again & is at his best on grass and you can't write off Roddick at Wimbledon despite the way he got drubbed in Queens.I think Andy should take Richard very seriously,there's some solid upset potential there.

cc0509
06-17-2011, 07:11 AM
He looked similarly against Hewitt in 2009 as well.I'd agree overall that Murray has it hardest,Gasquet is playing well again & is at his best on grass and you can't write off Roddick at Wimbledon despite the way he got drubbed in Queens.I think Andy should take Richard very seriously,there's some solid upset potential there.

I don't think Gasquet or Roddick are big threats to Murray. Anything is possible of course, but I just can't see it unless Murray is playing abysmally. As long as it is not the finals of a slam, Murray should be good. :)

zagor
06-17-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't think Gasquet or Roddick are big threats to Murray. Anything is possible of course, but I just can't see it unless Murray is playing abysmally. As long as it is not the finals of a slam, Murray should be good. :)

Well,we'll find out,I just have a feeling Gasquet-Muzza is gonna be a cracker,I see Richie taking one set atleast.With Roddick it's hard to guess how his form will be at Wimbledon,he might have been deliberately taking some pace off his serve in Queens(I think his average serve speed was lower than usual)in order to save it for Wimbledon.

Comet Buster
06-17-2011, 07:16 AM

Do you really think the Queens result between Murray and Roddick means anything? As a fan of niether I'd say it doesn't. Wouldn't surprise me if Stefanki told Roddick to play Murray normally and when it comes to Wimbledon make some tactical changes; Similarly to Doha when Murray owned Roddick and Wimbledon when Roddick managed to beat Murray. Roddick fans shouldn't be concerned at all as they can hope he actually takes his FH with him to Wimbledon this time.

Here's hoping JMDP will win the whole thing. Won't happen but I can dream right?

MichaelNadal
06-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Nightmare for Rafa early on, he's gonna have to be SHARP right out of the gate.

Cesc Fabregas
06-17-2011, 07:27 AM

It's a great draw for Nadal. He doesn't get Isner or Karlovic in the early rounds and Sod/Roddick in the QF, Ferrer would have been ideal but I'll take Berdych.

ksbh
06-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Easy draw for Nadal. Should roll into the final without any glitches.

Poor Nole. Yet again, Dijana's son will be bumped out in the semi's by Roja.

Messarger
06-17-2011, 07:56 AM
I think this draw would have been hard for Rafa if it were on hard courts.

mr_eko
06-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Baghdatis-Djokovic potential match up looks promising.

egn
06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
and fedaltards have taken over this thread...ahh yes because juan martin del potro and gilles simon are going to start triumphing in wimbledon....

while murray's section is just loaded with players who play well on grass and love the surface..I mean hey at least they didn't throw tsonga in there as well

LeoMOMO
06-17-2011, 09:02 AM

Delpo : Bambi on Ice. :lol:

Seriously, I pick Rafa's draw. I think his draw is almost tough.
Raonic is one of the dark horse at Wimbledon IMO.

PSNELKE
06-17-2011, 09:43 AM
First time I have to vote for Ralph here.

Lol but Nolito has again another CW like he had at RG until Semis of course, (again).

Magnus
06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Murray has the toughest draw no doubt.

ksbh
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Once again this thread is turning into who's right and who's wrong ... or according to Sunny Deol, right yaaa wrong!

http://media.glamsham.com/download/wallpaper/celebrities/images/s/sunny-deol-13-10x7.jpg

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 10:22 AM

How many times did Murray end up in Nadal's draw when he was not number one. Sure didn't see you B!*&h then LOL

Sure is nice to be number one for once, now he knows how easy Federer had it.

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM

PS, Novak sucks on grass

AM95
06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
just by the names, gotta go with nadal.

he's got raonic, del po, murray, roddick, simon and wawrinka in his half.

federer's really only got djokovic to deal with, but thats a man who has a 3-1 winning record against him and and a 4-0 winning record against nadal, so he should not be underestimated.

zagor
06-17-2011, 10:46 AM
PS, Novak sucks on grass

He reached Wimbledon SF twice.

PS. You're clueless.

8PAQ
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Actually Sean Randall usually can't stand Fed either but I would agree Nadal has a tougher draw than Fed this time around,both of them got their pigeons in QF but Berdych is much better on grass than David and Nadal has slightly tougher potential early round match-ups.

Which is exactly why he is pretending that Nadal has a hard draw and Fed doesn't. Typical trolling technique used in order to have more ammo to make excuse for your favourite player and to make fun of the one you hate in case of any possible outcome.

Let me show you how it's done:

Nadal has two nobodies in the 1st two rounds. Then in 3rd he won't play Raonic because Raonic will lose to Fogini who will troll another slam for everyone and thus Nadal will play some way over the hill player in the 3rd (didn't Haas retired yet and did Nadal ever lose more than 4 games in a set to Haas?). Then in the 4th Nadal will play someone who has no experience on grass and thus we now have 4 super easy matches in the row for Nadal. Then in the quarter and the semi Nadal will play two big time slam chokers (Berdych and Murray whom he beat in straights last year). So looks like Nadal should get to the final without losing a set or even getting broken. Couple of tie breaks in the worst case.

Now lets look at the insane draw for Fed. 1st round Fed who had no tune up practise has to play a rising star and always dangerous Mikhail Kukushkin (lol) who will use this opportunity to show the world all he's got! In the 2nd round Fed has a dangerous and on fire qualifier who will play the match of his life against his hero. In the 3rd Fed has his nemesis Nadlbadian who has eliminated Federer from countless slams and will most likely again beat an out of form and exhausted from the gruelling first two round matches Federer. And so on and so on...

Hitman
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM

PS. You're clueless.

Apparently he wasn't good enough to beat Nadal in a final also.

Oh, and beat him on clay...

And beat him on clay twice...

Whatever....

egn
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
just by the names, gotta go with nadal.

he's got raonic, del po, murray, roddick, simon and wawrinka in his half.

federer's really only got djokovic to deal with, but thats a man who has a 3-1 winning record against him and and a 4-0 winning record against nadal, so he should not be underestimated.

WTF!?!?!?!?

The thread includes the whole top 4 if Nadal faces Murray he will not face roddick or stan...

Murray has the same exact people in his half as Nadal just change that name Murray to Nadal...HOW ON EARTH!!?!?! Does anybody read. Second when did Del Potro and Gilles Simon become grass court threats?

8PAQ
06-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Once again this thread is turning into who's right and who's wrong ... or according to Sunny Deol, right yaaa wrong!

http://media.glamsham.com/download/wallpaper/celebrities/images/s/sunny-deol-13-10x7.jpg

That ugly actor looks like fat ugly woman. Reminds me of your avatar. Please stop posting his/her pictures in a tennis forum.

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 10:59 AM

PS. You're clueless.

Ok, now compare that to Nadal, Federer, Murray, etc. You tell me who has the better record along with grass titles genius.

But oh yes, if Novak makes it to the final he is sure to win!

I mean you make stupid look smart LOL

AM95
06-17-2011, 11:00 AM
WTF!?!?!?!?

The thread includes the whole top 4 if Nadal faces Murray he will not face roddick or stan...

Murray has the same exact people in his half as Nadal just change that name Murray to Nadal...HOW ON EARTH!!?!?! Does anybody read. Second when did Del Potro and Gilles Simon become grass court threats?

im just basing the draw by names..you can call it potential threat/risks. del po and raonic are in the same quarter as nadal, while murray has wawrinka in his quarter.

calm down, i'm the first person that would usually say that federer has the harder draw.

zagor
06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Ok, now compare that to Nadal, Federer, Murray, etc. You tell me who has the better record along with grass titles genius.

Nadal,Federer and Murray all have better grasscourt records than Novak,now do tell what has this fact got to do with my answer to your previous post?

But oh yes, if Novak makes it to the final he is sure to win!

Of course not but once again has nothing to do with what I've said in my previous post.

Your reading comprehension is downright embarassing.

egn
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
im just basing the draw by names..you can call it potential threat/risks. del po and raonic are in the same quarter as nadal, while murray has wawrinka in his quarter.

calm down, i'm the first person that would usually say that federer has the harder draw.

You said Nadal has the harder draw cause he has del po, raonic, murray, roddick, wawrinka...

What I am saying is switch the two? You picked three people from a completely different quarter to judge Nadal. I am just curious as into how this makes Nadal's draw tougher than Murrays?

ksbh
06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Millions of Indians disagree with you. So you're wrong. I can't tell for sure but I'm quite confident he looks better than you do.

That ugly actor looks like fat ugly woman. Reminds me of your avatar. Please stop posting his/her pictures in a tennis forum.

mandy01
06-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling Isner-Mahut is going to more of an anti-climax.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
How many times did Murray end up in Nadal's draw when he was not number one. Sure didn't see you B!*&h then LOL

Sure is nice to be number one for once, now he knows how easy Federer had it.

How many Majors does Murray have? How many does Djokovic have?

Oh and btw Djokovic has been ending up in Fed's even when he was # 1.
LOL

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=383263&page=3

SStrikerR
06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I'd say...
Nadal
Murray
Federer
Djokovic

Nadal takes the top spot, because, historically, his biggest threats are big hitters/servers. Raonic could be tricky for him, as well as many of the other guys he'll have to play. He'll only have 1 or 2 "easy" rounds.

Ripster
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
PS, Novak sucks on grass

One of the myths of TW. A two-time Wimbledon semi-finalist and finalist at Queen's sucks on grass?

If he can get by Federer I'm predicting he'll win the tournament even if he faces Nadal (who he loves to play), Murray (who chokes in finals) or anyone else in the draw.

stringertom
06-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Man, that's a nasty draw: Chardy followed by Anderson, then possibly Bags (no shoo in to be there himself in the 3rd). There are great matchups higher in that quarter...Robredo/Lu, Sod/Petzschner with that winner facing Hewitt. Malisse has grass down. OMG, very many challenges on his weakest surface, with no tourney preparation!

Sharpshooter
06-17-2011, 12:24 PM

He looks like Nick Giannopoulos crossed with Alfred Molina.

egn
06-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I'd say...
Nadal
Murray
Federer
Djokovic

Nadal takes the top spot, because, historically, his biggest threats are big hitters/servers. Raonic could be tricky for him, as well as many of the other guys he'll have to play. He'll only have 1 or 2 "easy" rounds.

Okay seriously maybe I am missing it and maybe you can help me see this but going through his rounds.

R1: Russel meets neither criteria so I am going to give

R2: Andjur or Sweeting meets neither criteria

R3: Raonic and Mueller fall into this category but Muller hasn't been playing well at all as of late and can't see him coming close to Nadal. Raonic definitely is tricky.

R4: Simon/Del Potro/Sela/a handful of qualifiers. Del Potro is a 'big hitter' but on grass he usually strikes out..However even on grass I don't see on what grounds he poses a threat to a Nadal. Nadal last year and in 2008 showed no problem when it came to big hitting guys look at how he dispatched of Berdych and Soderling who are both far better on grass then Del Potro has ever proven to be so sell me on Del Potro. He moves bad on the surface, his volleys are not top notch for grass and he is 3-3 there, 11-7 in total on grass and couldn't even beat Adrian Mannarino in London...I'm just not buying it. We won't even go into Simon or Sela and we can't be sure who the qualifiers are.

QF:Berdych/Fish/Verdasco/Stepanek/Haase It seems likely that Berdych should go through, but only Berdych knows who makes it through, see his whole career for that. I can't image Fish or Chokedasco posing a remote threat, Stepanek might get a QF because of how much of a trainwreck this part of the draw is or even Haase who then I guess could cause Rafa trouble he does have a big serve and road him out last year, but again that is speculating a guy ranked outside the top 50 makes it to the QF. If as #1 in the world and you get a #50+ in the QF of the biggest tournament of the year I am sorry that is nothing to be complaining about. Haase is no Goran either when it comes to serve.

So maybe I am missing things and someone can explain it better to me...

single_handed_champion
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM

In his last appearance (the year he made the most noise, winning a Slam), he was routined by Hewitt in straights, and he lost to a relative nobody at Queen's. He is not going to make much happen at W. USO is a different matter now.

ksbh
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
SS... ROFL, can you imagine that? it's a really odd combination of people! He does have shades of Molina but I have to confess I don't know who that Nick guy is :)

He looks like Nick Giannopoulos crossed with Alfred Molina.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Nadal and Fed both have nothing in their draws. Raonic is the only player that stands out, but is inexperienced on grass and could only provide a 5 set shock ala Hasse and Petz last year, if he even gets that far. This is destined to be a top 4 semi again.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
One of the myths of TW. A two-time Wimbledon semi-finalist and finalist at Queen's sucks on grass?

If he can get by Federer I'm predicting he'll win the tournament even if he faces Nadal (who he loves to play), Murray (who chokes in finals) or anyone else in the draw.

Novak doesn't suck on grass, but he's not a god on it either. He usually loses to the first in form player he plays at Wimbledon. He won't beat Federer.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Why, because of grass GOAT Andujar w/ his 0 career grass wins could be in round 2?

Raonic is the only one that stands out, other than that his draw is nothing. Let's not build up the likes of Andujar and Muller (he's still playing?) into world beaters to make draws look tough.

tacou
06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
nadals got it worst in the sense that raonic/delpo can cause early upsets

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Delpo's a non-entity on grass. I don't see why people are even mentioning him as a tough opponent given the circumstances. He likely will not reach the 4th round.

Heracles
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Why, because of grass GOAT Andujar w/ his 0 career grass wins could be in round 2?

Raonic is the only one that stands out, other than that his draw is nothing. Let's not build up the likes of Andujar and Muller (he's still playing?) into world beaters to make draws look tough.

Nadal has two easy first round but after that he has big servers.

Haas or Raonic
Del Potro
Berdych

Remember last year, Nadal played well but the grass was so fast that big servers like Haase and Petzchner made close matchs.

djokovicgonzalez2010
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
How is it Nadal? Del Potro and Simon are walkovers on grass! Where it HC, would be awful draw, but on grass, it's cakewalk

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Nadal has two easy first round but after that he has big servers.

Haas or Raonic
Del Potro
Berdych

Remember last year, Nadal played well but the grass was so fast that big servers like Haase and Petzchner made close matchs.

Haas hasn't even played regularly in nearly a year. Could be dangerous but not very likely. Raonic would be tough given his game, but given his lack of experience on grass it's not likely that he'd be able to take 3 of 5 sets from Nadal. Think Gulbis in 08 as far as how that match could play out.

Delpo is a non entity on grass. He's not likely to get that far, and if he did Nadal would handle him EASILY. Berdych is Nadal's pigeon and hasn't even been in form recently, so it's not a given he'll even make the QF.

People look at names and get all excited, but you have to be rational and take the total picture. Barring a monumental upset, it's unlikely that any of those guys will beat Nadal before the semis.

NadalAgassi
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
What the hell. Murray has by far the toughest draw. What is with all the votes for Nadal and Federer.

Heracles
06-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Haas hasn't even played regularly in nearly a year. Could be dangerous but not very likely. Raonic would be tough given his game, but given his lack of experience on grass it's not likely that he'd be able to take 3 of 5 sets from Nadal. Think Gulbis in 08 as far as how that match could play out.

Delpo is a non entity on grass. He's not likely to get that far, and if he did Nadal would handle him EASILY. Berdych is Nadal's pigeon and hasn't even been in form recently, so it's not a given he'll even make the QF.

People look at names and get all excited, but you have to be rational and take the total picture. Barring a monumental upset, it's unlikely that any of those guys will beat Nadal before the semis.

It's also completely unlikely that Federer, Djokovic and Murray are going to lose before the semi, even if Gasquet has a chance against Murray.

But between these 4 draw the question is to ask which one is the hardest. Djokovic draw is the easiest. Federer's one is not hard at all. So it's between Murray and Nadal.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
It's also completely unlikely that Federer, Djokovic and Murray are going to lose before the semi, even if Gasquet has a chance against Murray.

But between these 4 draw the question is to ask which one is the hardest. Djokovic draw is the easiest. Federer's one is not hard at all. So it's between Murray and Nadal.

Honestly none of the above, none of them have killer draws since the field after them is so weak anyways. Outside of a massive upset, there really is no one that is any major threat IMO. That's why it's silly to ask who's draw is toughest. I actually voted for Djokovic, but what do I know. None of them look all that difficult.

Qubax
06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
They all look pretty easy, Murray and Nadal maybe the toughest, but not really a huge threat to either of them.

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM

You completely misquoted me in your signature.

This is the quote from the Japan Open 2010 thread:

He did play great... both guys did up until the last few games.

Rafa served 18 aces in the match!

From this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=351839

Don't take another's words out of context, mix in some of your words and then throw quotes around it. Have you ever taken a composition class? This behavior would earn you a failing grade :oops:

Fix (or delete) the quote or I'll ask a moderator to fix it for you.

Heracles
06-17-2011, 03:29 PM
You can always ask. But you just provided me the confirmation of the sig.

What's your problem exactly? You said that Nadal played great in that match and it is ridiculous.

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
You can always ask. But you just provided me the confirmation of the sig.

What's your problem exactly? You said that Nadal played great in that match and it is ridiculous.

Quote me correctly or I'll have it deleted. When you quote somebody, you use their exact wording. This is 6th grade level composition. You do not make up a bunch of crap, throw quotes around the mess and then attribute it to another person. Do you understand that?

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 03:31 PM
You completely misquoted me in your signature.

This is the quote from the Japan Open 2010 thread:

From this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=351839

Don't take another's words out of context, mix in some of your words and then throw quotes around it. Have you ever taken a composition class? This behavior would earn you a failing grade :oops:

Fix (or delete) the quote or I'll ask a moderator to fix it for you.

Wow, wow, wow. Now I know you are making things up, Nadal could never make so many aces! Just like that made up crap where he volleyed more times with a higher percentage rate than Federer. Total BS!

Listen, you need to face it Bud. Nadal has always had it easy, when he was any rank period. And Federer always had it hard, not matter what.

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow, wow, wow. Now I know you are making things up, Nadal could never make so many aces! Just like that made up crap where he volleyed more times with a higher percentage rate than Federer. Total BS!

Listen, you need to face it Bud. Nadal has always had it easy, when he was any rank period. And Federer always had it hard, not matter what.

What a complete d-bag Heracles is, to make up a bunch of crap and then falsely attribute it to me.

Heracles
06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote me correctly or I'll have it deleted. When you quote somebody, you use their exact wording. This is 6th grade level composition. You do not make up a bunch of crap, throw quotes around the mess and then attribute it to another person. Do you understand that?

Happy now the cry baby? :twisted:

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Happy now the cry baby? :twisted:

Can you read? the quote states "He did play great... both guys did up until the last few games."

Like I said, change it to what I stated or remove it.

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
What a complete d-bag Heracles is, to make up a bunch of crap and then falsely attribute it to me.

You don't remember the forum rules, ***** = wrong always ****s = correct always.

They live in a fictional world that is TW.

Heracles
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Can you read? the quote states "He did play great... both guys did up until the last few games."

Like I said, change it to what I stated or remove it.

You are reaching.

You said Nadal played great, I will keep it.

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
You don't remember the forum rules, ***** = wrong always ****s = correct always.

They live in a fictional world that is TW.

I'm praying for his sake he's like 15 and has never written a term paper. He pulls that crap in college, he'll receive a nice fat F :)

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
You are reaching.

You said Nadal played great, I will keep it.

You've been reported. If it's not fixed to reflect the exact quote, I'll retaliate with my own signature and you won't like it ;)

jackson vile
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm praying for his sake he's like 15 and has never written a term paper. He pulls that crap in college, he'll receive a nice fat F :)

You aren't looking at the bright side, there is always a place for stupid people at Fox news and it subsidiaries. They need people, I am loosely using people here, also don't they?

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
You've been reported. If it's not fixed to reflect the exact quote, I'll retaliate with my own signature and you won't like it ;)

Fighting over signatures now....mature, real mature. :)

Heracles
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM

I passed the age of being so much affected by a sig. Grow up. I just find totally ridiculous that someone could say that Nadal played great when he was almost defeated by the 54th player in the world. You said that Nadal played great because you said that both played great, both include Nadal so it is correct.

viduka0101
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
who ever drew Simon got the hardest draw since he is the standard by which great grass court tennis is measured

do you ever quit b**ching about Nadal? it must be incredibly boring to be you
http://www.monitor.hr/foto/usagi/smajlici/anon.gif

fundrazer
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I know Delpo hasn't exactly been the best mover on grass, but I wouldn't dismiss him as a non-entity jbf. A quick scan of his past grass court matches showed me that he's played a lot of nasty opponents in basically all of his grass tournaments. Nadal, Hewitt, Karlovic, Federer...those aren't exactly grass slouches. Yeah the hewitt match was kind of unexpected but remember, hewitt played very well that year. Think he pushed Roddick to 5 in the qtrs.

Basically, he's got the serve and forehand. That alone is going to beat most of his early opponents(haven't checked his draw though) I doubt he's playing anyone of the caliber I just mentioned.

Bud
06-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I passed the age of being so much affected by a sig. Grow up. I just find totally ridiculous that someone could say that Nadal played great when he was almost defeated by the 54th player in the world. You said that Nadal played great because you said that both played great, both include Nadal so it is correct.

When you quote someone, you use their EXACT words. Is that too much for your peabrain to comprehend?

If you saw it, both Nadal and Troicki played an excellent match up until the last few games of the 3rd set. That is reflected in my quote, which you failed to transcribe properly. You're dishonest and a liar.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
do you ever quit b**ching about Nadal? it must be incredibly boring to be you

You sound frustrated.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/stfu.jpg

Pwned
06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
You sound frustrated.

You can't be much of a Federer fan to say what he quoted, especially here at Wimbledon.

Feņa14
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Murray has the hardest imo. Beating Cilic, Wawrinka, Roddick, Nadal and then Federer is probably one of the worst case scenarios if you were cherry picking the toughest draw for him.

MichaelNadal
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM

You're hilarious. Delpo on any surface isn't easy.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
You can't be much of a Federer fan to say what he quoted, especially here at Wimbledon.

I think Fed has a much better chance of beating Nadal in the SF than the F + Nadal/Djokovic final will be more balanced as Nadal won't have a backhand to exploit.

viduka0101
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
You sound frustrated.

oh really? let's look into a mirror:

I really hope & pray Fed destroys Nadal if they meet in the finals. Or Djokovic if he gets past Fed. Either way I hope your boy gets demolished so you can stfu!

True fact: A big part of Nadal's gameplan revolves around gamesmanship.

It's amazing how you seem to lose track of time when Nadal takes MTO's & wastes time before each serve.

Very interesting question Comet Buster. The answer is Nadal. It's not like he hasn't been warned about on-court coaching before either.

Nadal at the 2010 USO was in lucky mode.......not god mode.

Knee, Exhaustion, Abdomen tear, pain in *****, tired, choking on banana, not playing my best no?, opponents celebration (hypocrite), sun in eyes, cramp etc. etc. etc.

)Oh so you do exit Nadal's rear after all. You should do it more often.(

this was taken from your last 25 posts, sounds to me like your the frustrated one, you remind me of the late PAgony and his "broken record" posting habits

no thanks,I'll express my opinion on you whenever I want

tennis_fan_182
06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
If Nadal loses to anyone before the final of the 2011 Wimbledon it is likely to go down as THE biggest sporting upset of all time.

Apart from Murray who doesn't really belong anywhere near the top 4 (Delpo is actually a recent slam winner so is the logical world no. 4) there is no way ever that the top 4 seeds are going to even drop a break of serve in reaching the semi-finals.

How the hell do the ranking systems work to enable a slamless joke into the top 4 when there is actually a legit slam contender and winner in Delpo who floats around the 20s. It's as bad as Wozniacki's situation.

Omega_7000
06-17-2011, 04:28 PM
no thanks,I'll express my opinion on you whenever I want

Errr ok & you're telling me to not express mine? Hypocrite much?

Don't see you crying about all the ******* hate posts either.

egn
06-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Apart from Murray who doesn't really belong anywhere near the top 4 (Delpo is actually a recent slam winner so is the logical world no. 4) there is no way ever that the top 4 seeds are going to even drop a break of serve in reaching the semi-finals.

How the hell do the ranking systems work to enable a slamless joke into the top 4 when there is actually a legit slam contender and winner in Delpo who floats around the 20s. It's as bad as Wozniacki's situation.

......is it worth my time...to explain why a man who is a runner up in a major this year and a semifinalist in another as well is defending two master series titles over the past two weeks is number 4 over a guy who missed a year of tennis and hasn't won a major since 2009...

JustBob
06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
If Nadal loses to anyone before the final of the 2011 Wimbledon it is likely to go down as THE biggest sporting upset of all time.

And the Oscar for hyperbole goes to...

viduka0101
06-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Errr ok & you're telling me to not express mine? Hypocrite much?

please don't make stuff up, I never said anything like that
express yourself all you want, my point is you sound to me like a boring broken record, deal with it

by the way, you were the one to post that STFU picture, not me
it's always the same crap with you,accusing people for the stuff you do

Don't see you crying about all the ******* hate posts either.

I'm crying on the inside

gold soundz
06-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Murray clearly got the toughest. None of the players in Nadal's path will trouble him.

Rhino
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM

I don't think Del Potro is a huge threat on grass.

jamesblakefan#1
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I know Delpo hasn't exactly been the best mover on grass, but I wouldn't dismiss him as a non-entity jbf. A quick scan of his past grass court matches showed me that he's played a lot of nasty opponents in basically all of his grass tournaments. Nadal, Hewitt, Karlovic, Federer...those aren't exactly grass slouches. Yeah the hewitt match was kind of unexpected but remember, hewitt played very well that year. Think he pushed Roddick to 5 in the qtrs.

Basically, he's got the serve and forehand. That alone is going to beat most of his early opponents(haven't checked his draw though) I doubt he's playing anyone of the caliber I just mentioned.

Yeah but he lost to Mannarino in Queens after Manno had played what 2 matches in a day or something like that. I doubt he'll make the 4th round, but if he does all things considered Rafa should beat him easily.

And FWIW the list of guys he's beaten on grass isn't that stellar either - Sanguinetti, Clement, Snobel, Jamie Baker, Kunitsyn...not exactly murderer's row. I like Delpo as much as anyone on here, but I'm just being realistic. Given his record on grass up to this point he should not be considered as a serious threat to Nadal on grass.

Also it's strange that SOME OF the same Nadal fans that are now listing Delpo as a serious threat to Rafa were some of the ones that wrote off his wins over Rafa in 09 as flukes and claimed Nadal was injured in all of those matches. :?

You're hilarious. Delpo on any surface isn't easy.

11-7 on grass and never past the 2nd round of Wimbledon, even in his best season? Delpo isn't a proven grass courter, until he proves it he is a non entity as far as being a threat at Wimbledon. For Nadal, Del Potro on grass should be easy, given that earlier this season Nads beat JMDP on HC which is his best surface and of course not Nadal's best.

tennis_fan_182
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM

come on mate, these days I'd bet my house on Nadal winning every major he enters. It's the safest bet you can get across all sports.

NadalAgassi
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I would like someone to explain to me how Nadals draw is hard. As a Nadal fan I am actually thrilled with his draw. A series of pigeons or mediocre grass courters.

SoBad
06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I feel bad for Nadal - first he had to deal with those ping pong balls at RG and now this BS draw at Wimbledon? If he gets through this, he is better than competition by a very very long mile.

fundrazer
06-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Ahh, forgot about that loss JBF. Guess it also must be a bit frustrating for Delpo what with not playing on grass in 2 years. Hopefully he doesn't end up like safin taking years to do half decent on the stuff. Well, Wimbledon anyway. I know safin had his halle final loss to Fed.

Anyways, I was just trying to say that he's not a complete non-factor. I do agree that Rafa probably doesn't have to worry about him, but you never know.

egn
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I would like someone to explain to me how Nadals draw is hard. As a Nadal fan I am actually thrilled with his draw. A series of pigeons or mediocre grass courters.

Join the club..

cc0509
06-17-2011, 09:29 PM

I am with you on this one. Nadal is supposed to be the best in the world right now, correct? People on this board claim night and day how superior Nadal is and then a draw comes out and they act like Nadal is a tier 4 player. Which is it? Can't be both.

cc0509
06-17-2011, 09:37 PM

LOL. Seriously. The biggest sporting upset of all time? Give me a break.

tenniselbow1
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Brad Gilbert:

Lifetime ban from the tennis world needed for this idiot as he's just lost all credibility after this Tweet.

TheTruth
06-18-2011, 02:21 AM

That's what I think too. It's the placing of them in his draw, not their credentials necessarily. At the beginning of the tournament you're more likely to be fresher mentally, and more rested. Tricky.

Gorecki
06-18-2011, 08:36 AM
I feel bad for Nadal - first he had to deal with those ping pong balls at RG and now this BS draw at Wimbledon? If he gets through this, he is better than competition by a very very long mile.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm24/lambfreack/spicy_soup.jpg

egn
06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
That's what I think too. It's the placing of them in his draw, not their credentials necessarily. At the beginning of the tournament you're more likely to be fresher mentally, and more rested. Tricky.

sorry 4th round is not early. Del Po will have all ready played 3 matches..that is not the beginning..

TheTruth
06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
sorry 4th round is not early. Del Po will have all ready played 3 matches..that is not the beginning..

What about Raonic? If he has Raonic in the third and del Potro in the 4th round I think that's pretty early. You'd play your 1st and 2nd round matches and immediately play dangerous players.

You don't get a chance to work your way into the tournament. You have to be on point pretty quickly.

egn
06-18-2011, 10:19 AM
What about Raonic? If he has Raonic in the third and del Potro in the 4th round I think that's pretty early. You'd play your 1st and 2nd round matches and immediately play dangerous players.

You don't get a chance to work your way into the tournament. You have to be on point pretty quickly.

I had to sound like an ***, but what do you expect. By the third round you are playing someone who is likely in the top 40. If you ask me they all have dangerous third round opponents. I mean by that point most of the players left in the tournament have a good chance at making it to the quarters and have proven themselves. The 1st round is your warmup, 2nd round is to get your game going because by round 3 you are playing good chance a top 30 players or someone who has beaten a top 30 player.

Nadal got Raonic who we all know has a huge serve and can just plow through a field on a good day with his serve, however his grass court form has been far from what was anticipated, see his grass court results. Philipp Petzschner seemed to find ways to break him and proved Raonic still has work to do on his movement on the court and return of serve game before he can be a threat at wimbledon. Nadal serves better than Petzchner no doubt and is far superior to Raonic from the baseline. Sure Raonic might make Nadal work but unless Nadal plays bad like he did against Haase last year I can't see the game Raonic plays bothering him.

Murray in theory has Cilic who I feel in terms of matchups and talent is probably going to be the most troublesome. Sure Cilic is hit or miss but when Cilic is hitting he completely overpowers Murray. Cilic also has a huge serve to go along with his massive groundstrokes.

Federer got Nalbandian who people will probably scoff at as a joke, but I think that is a bit unfair. Nalbandian although old and not top notch is far from a joke anywhere. Nalbandian was at one point in time a wimbledon finalist and although grass for him is not is best surface, if he is playing well he will be no pushover. The only reason I feel this is the easiest of the round 3 match ups is Nalbandian has not played tennis in ages so he might not make it there, however Fed has the potential to have the worse second round match up with Mannarino its either than or Djokovic

Djokovic has round 3 with Baggy, who is a pretty good grasscourt player or was and is no pushover.Not to mention this is most likely going to be post a brutal showdown with Kevin Anderson who serves huge and plays a great grass game.

NadalAgassi
06-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Nalbandians Wimbledon final was a huge fluke. Grass is his worst surface by far, and in 2002 he wasnt even in his prime yet. Wimbledon 2002 was truly the worst Wimbledon ever for men and Nalbandian needed Arthurs and Malisse to both choke to make it (he also went 5 sets with Lapentti though he was the better player in that one). Hewitt raped him like a junior player in the final.

A prime Nalbandian on grass would be a cakewalk for Federer, never mind an aging one missing a hip. This isnt Kuerten on clay.

egn
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Nalbandians Wimbledon final was a huge fluke. Grass is his worst surface by far, and in 2002 he wasnt even in his prime yet. Wimbledon 2002 was truly the worst Wimbledon ever for men and Nalbandian needed Arthurs and Malisse to both choke to make it (he also went 5 sets with Lapentti though he was the better player in that one). Hewitt raped him like a junior player in the final.

A prime Nalbandian on grass would be a cakewalk for Federer, never mind an aging one missing a hip. This isnt Kuerten on clay.

Fed last year got beatdown by Berdych and was taken to 5 sets by Falla I think it is safe to say Nalbandian could possibly cause Fed a bit of trouble if he was healthy. By the way the discussion regards this year's wimbledon and I did agree that Nalbandian will be no problem for Fed but saying he still should not be taken as a joke.

In terms of 2002 being the worst year for grass that is a bit harsh. The top half of the draw played out fine the bottom was a disaster. Also Hewitt did destroy him but let's not forget Nalbandian looked beat and had come off three extremely long matches. Hewitt had cruised. Other than that one hiccup in the QF. Where he should have won in 3 then nerves gave away the fourth but he came back.

NadalAgassi
06-18-2011, 10:52 AM
These were the quaterfinalists at Wimbledon 2002: struggling Henman, Hewitt, Schalken, Nalbandian, Lapentti, Sa, Malisse, injured/nearly retired Krajicek. It was pretty dreadful. Henman played by far the worst tennis I ever saw him play on grass and still made the semis. Hewitts toughest test to the title was Schalken who had a break point to serve for the match. And in the Nalbandian-Malisse semifinal, Malisse had to leave the court and the match for awhile for heart problems related to nerves.

egn
06-18-2011, 11:02 AM
These were the quaterfinalists at Wimbledon 2002: struggling Henman, Hewitt, Schalken, Nalbandian, Lapentti, Sa, Malisse, injured/nearly retired Krajicek. It was pretty dreadful. Henman played by far the worst tennis I ever saw him play on grass and still made the semis. Hewitts toughest test to the title was Schalken who had a break point to serve for the match. And in the Nalbandian-Malisse semifinal, Malisse had to leave the court and the match for awhile for heart problems related to nerves.

Henman always struggled in wimbledon too much pressure. Hewitt and Schalken were both solid. Next four were ehh but Krajicek was serving great that whole tournament and although nearly done I think we can all recall what happened on year prior. I agree Nalbandian's run to the final was quite a joke but either way he still is capable on grass and did make the QF another year. He does like faster surfaces as his best surface is the indoor hadcourts and carpet so he's not a failure on fast surfaces either. Besides Krajicek came back for that one last wimbledon run and was definitely going to make the most out of it.

stringertom
06-18-2011, 12:01 PM
If you look at Wimby's first two rounds as a mine field waiting to explode on one misstep by a top seed, surely Djok's path is the toughest.
With no match play on grass (don't even mention Boodles exo), Djok must play the #52 Chardy and hope to survive to face potentially #38 ace-bomber Anderson.
The others? Nadal plays someone older than Fed (Russell #91; BTW go Mike!) and then the winner of Andujar/Sweeting, both of whom he has beaten recently so is familiar w/games.
Fed has it tougher than Rafa with a #60 Kukushkin followed by the Mannarino/qualie(?) winner. The unknown qualie factor could bump his danger level.
Murray faces an Armada guy in Gimeno Traver (#56) followed by the winner of the "K" kontest...#72 Kavcic vs. #87 Kamke. Not much starch there.

Once the top guys get through to Round 3, they should expect a little resistance as they're now facing seeds if form holds. Fed's bumpy ride last year and Rafa's history of early-round struggles show it's good to sneak up on the elites from Day 1 through 4 or so. Remember The Bastl!

TheTruth
06-19-2011, 07:26 AM
I had to sound like an ***, but what do you expect. By the third round you are playing someone who is likely in the top 40. If you ask me they all have dangerous third round opponents. I mean by that point most of the players left in the tournament have a good chance at making it to the quarters and have proven themselves. The 1st round is your warmup, 2nd round is to get your game going because by round 3 you are playing good chance a top 30 players or someone who has beaten a top 30 player.

Nadal got Raonic who we all know has a huge serve and can just plow through a field on a good day with his serve, however his grass court form has been far from what was anticipated, see his grass court results. Philipp Petzschner seemed to find ways to break him and proved Raonic still has work to do on his movement on the court and return of serve game before he can be a threat at wimbledon. Nadal serves better than Petzchner no doubt and is far superior to Raonic from the baseline. Sure Raonic might make Nadal work but unless Nadal plays bad like he did against Haase last year I can't see the game Raonic plays bothering him.

Murray in theory has Cilic who I feel in terms of matchups and talent is probably going to be the most troublesome. Sure Cilic is hit or miss but when Cilic is hitting he completely overpowers Murray. Cilic also has a huge serve to go along with his massive groundstrokes.

Federer got Nalbandian who people will probably scoff at as a joke, but I think that is a bit unfair. Nalbandian although old and not top notch is far from a joke anywhere. Nalbandian was at one point in time a wimbledon finalist and although grass for him is not is best surface, if he is playing well he will be no pushover. The only reason I feel this is the easiest of the round 3 match ups is Nalbandian has not played tennis in ages so he might not make it there, however Fed has the potential to have the worse second round match up with Mannarino its either than or Djokovic

Djokovic has round 3 with Baggy, who is a pretty good grasscourt player or was and is no pushover.Not to mention this is most likely going to be post a brutal showdown with Kevin Anderson who serves huge and plays a great grass game.

It doesn't sound like a donkey. It's a legitimate post.

I like this part. Very well put.

Cilic? Pfft. I've put him on the backburner. I can't even remember the last time he looked like a threat to win. He may have, but I haven't seen it.

Bags? Pfft. I'm so tired of him disappointing me I don't know what to do. He just can't seem to gather any momentum.

Nalbandian? When's the last time he even played? Although, he is a talent, I thought he just came back after another injury layoff.

I'll maintain my position. Raonic, is young, hungry, and touted to do great things. That makes him more dangerous, imo.

TheTruth
06-19-2011, 07:34 AM
If you look at Wimby's first two rounds as a mine field waiting to explode on one misstep by a top seed, surely Djok's path is the toughest.
With no match play on grass (don't even mention Boodles exo), Djok must play the #52 Chardy and hope to survive to face potentially #38 ace-bomber Anderson.
The others? Nadal plays someone older than Fed (Russell #91; BTW go Mike!) and then the winner of Andujar/Sweeting, both of whom he has beaten recently so is familiar w/games.
Fed has it tougher than Rafa with a #60 Kukushkin followed by the Mannarino/qualie(?) winner. The unknown qualie factor could bump his danger level.
Murray faces an Armada guy in Gimeno Traver (#56) followed by the winner of the "K" kontest...#72 Kavcic vs. #87 Kamke. Not much starch there.

Once the top guys get through to Round 3, they should expect a little resistance as they're now facing seeds if form holds. Fed's bumpy ride last year and Rafa's history of early-round struggles show it's good to sneak up on the elites from Day 1 through 4 or so. Remember The Bastl!

That's funny!

redsoxfan
06-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Murray has it the toughest but hell win anwyay its his time

stringertom
06-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Two tourney winners (Seppi, Tursonov) and two big boy qualifiers (Tomic, Dancevic). Ah, the minefield gets more complex! Soderling, Tomic, Anderson, Dancevic, Llodra all bring the lumber. Hewitt, Tursonov, Davydenko, Melzer strut some savvy. Chardy, Seppi, Malisse, Petzschner all great movers. Guess you have to hope they kill each other off in 5-setters before you face them, Novak. Good luck!

jackson vile
06-19-2011, 11:41 AM
This poll is cheating... No way Nadal has ever had a tougher draw than Roger, I demand a recount!!!

jamesblakefan#1
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
It doesn't sound like a donkey. It's a legitimate post.

I like this part. Very well put.

Cilic? Pfft. I've put him on the backburner. I can't even remember the last time he looked like a threat to win. He may have, but I haven't seen it.

Bags? Pfft. I'm so tired of him disappointing me I don't know what to do. He just can't seem to gather any momentum.

Nalbandian? When's the last time he even played? Although, he is a talent, I thought he just came back after another injury layoff.

I'll maintain my position. Raonic, is young, hungry, and touted to do great things. That makes him more dangerous, imo.

I don't doubt that Raonic is dangerous but he's also inexperienced on grass. He's the biggest threat in Nadal's section, which says more about how weak the section is than about how tough it is. Raonic may get a set, 2 at most but in the end Nadal is the better player and should win if he's really that great (which most people think he is).

All fans do it, tout their guys as beasts but when draws come out talk about how X low ranked player is dangerous. But in the end the better player and higher seed should find a way to win over the less experienced player.

TheTruth
06-20-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't doubt that Raonic is dangerous but he's also inexperienced on grass. He's the biggest threat in Nadal's section, which says more about how weak the section is than about how tough it is. Raonic may get a set, 2 at most but in the end Nadal is the better player and should win if he's really that great (which most people think he is).

All fans do it, tout their guys as beasts but when draws come out talk about how X low ranked player is dangerous. But in the end the better player and higher seed should find a way to win over the less experienced player.

You're probably right, but I like to err on the side of caution.

I haven't seen Raonic on the grass this season, but a hungry player is a dangerous player, to me. He's got nothing to lose, but I sure hope you're right.