PDA

View Full Version : Dear Lord...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
...or whatever your name might be.

I want, no better yet, i NEED Federer to win Wimbledon, if not him, then Djokovic or Murray. But not Nadal. Please not Nadal.

Sure Nadal is a great player but i think it would be terrible for the future game of tennis if someone like Nadal would be considered the GOAT.

Tennis is about flawless grace, not running around clubbing on the dirt,grunting like a pig, boring your opponents to death with the most one-dimensional game since God only knows.

I hope the future tennis-generation tries to copy Federer instead of Nadal.

THIS is how tennis should be played, today, tomorrow and forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLFvYeZBeU&feature=player_detailpage

Sentinel
06-18-2011, 11:17 AM
TMOP, please remove the "like a ..." or the thread will be nuked. Thanks.

Yes, we want Federer to win the WO. In these times, the world deserves nothing less from The Lord.

:D

fed_is_GOD
06-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I second that..:) GO FED..

norbac
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM

I want, no better yet, i NEED Dodig to win Wimbledon, if not him, then Djokovic or Murray. But not Nadal. Please not Nadal.

Sure Nadal is a great player but i think it would be terrible for the future game of tennis if someone like Nadal would be considered the GOAT.

Tennis is about flawless grace, not running around clubbing on the dirt,grunting like a pig, boring your opponents to death with the most one-dimensional game since God only knows.

I hope the future tennis-generation tries to copy Dodig instead of Federer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCeXZKoDH_M

Messarger
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM

I want, no better yet, i NEED Federer to win Wimbledon, if not him, then Djokovic or Murray. But not Nadal. Please not Nadal.

How disrepsectful. They're bored because they cant deal with the uber top spin, and you think it's one dimensional because you've watch too much Fed vs Nadal.

Tennis_Monk
06-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I wish Andy Stephen Roddick wins wimbledon. Any other person winning will not go down well in history. So i request all other players to just throw their matches against Roddick ---please for the sake of history.

[feel free to substitute Andy Roddick name for any player of your choice]

TennisandMusic
06-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Words of complete desperation.

Also, Nadal's game isn't one dimensional. He just only needs a one dimensional strategy to take down Federer.

norbac
06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I wish Ivan Amadeus Dodig wins wimbledon. Any other person winning will not go down well in history. So i request all other players to just throw their matches against Dodig---please for the sake of history.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 11:30 AM

Also, Nadal's game isn't one dimensional. He just only needs a one dimensional strategy to take down Federer.

I never said i didnt feel desperate :)

Yes it is. He only KNOWS one way to take down the greatest.

rommil
06-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Dear Lord, I want Senior Nalbandian to put on a beer belly and tear through Wimbledon and win the title with a loss of only 5 games. That guy deserves something.

nikdom
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Anyone who wins it, deserves it. Why not Nadal?

Doesn't matter that one may not like a certain player's game. Imagine if you were treated that way at school or at work - denied good grades or a promotion because someone hates your face despite your work!

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 11:38 AM

What was Rafa's alternate strategy when the CC Forehand failed him against Djokovic 4 times this year?

Kept pounding the BH side, but the Serb wasn't having any of it.

Did he change his multi-dimensional gameplan and beat Nole?

OK, I can understand not catching on at IW and Miami.

He may have thought Nole just got lucky the first time.

But what's the excuse when he lost in straight on his favorite surface?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Legend of Borg: Thats absolutely right, how could I miss to point that out

Defcon
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Nadal's game IS based on a single strategy (cc topspin fh, wear them down) against all opponents, its much more obvious against Fed because he does it even more.

To call his game multi-dimensional is crazy. I've never seen him adapt mid-way.

Andres
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Dear Lord, I want Senior Nalbandian to put on a beer belly and tear through Wimbledon and win the title with a loss of only 5 games. That guy deserves something.
I like you :)

Messarger
06-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Legend of Borg: Thats absolutely right, how could I miss to point that out

If you watch the match with Murray at RG this year, Nadal was actually attacking Murray's forehand with down the line and inside out forehands. I wouldnt be surprise if he tried that against Djokovic next time, given how Murray and Djokovic both have greaters BHs than FHs.

nikdom
06-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Nadal's game IS based on a single strategy (cc topspin fh, wear them down) against all opponents, its much more obvious against Fed because he does it even more.

To call his game multi-dimensional is crazy. I've never seen him adapt mid-way.

He did crank up that serve to win the USO. He was a clay court baseliner who does finish points at the net with great touch. He moved upto the baseline instead of hanging back on faster surfaces.

I don't think it is single-dimensional to do what you're best at 90% of the time. Nadal is great at baseline play, so he'll keep doing that as long as it works in his favor.

Roger played the same Serve + big forehand for as long as it served him. He too to had to add stuff like the drop shot to improve when that the former was no longer sufficient.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
(I saw a graphic showing Rafa's court position at Round One of Queens, compared to Roland Garros Final. The Queens positioning was almost on the baseline, it looked like Agassi. That is 2 days after Roland Garros Final yet completely opposite court position. Also, Rafa was hitting 128mph serves at Queens and mostly around 120mph 1st serve. Toni had said that they made a decision to not serve fast at RG, save the fast elbow for grass and hardcourt season)

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :-?

And how did that work for him? Lost to Tsonga- impressive!

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 11:54 AM
(Does "nole" really matter? Rafa lost 3 straight matches to him in 2009 too. But Rafa leads 5-0 in slams)

It matters because the point being discussed is Nadal's "multi-dimensional" game.

Also, Djokovic had not beaten Nadal on clay before these last couple of months.

Don't you remember?

"Just wait till clay season, cause Nole can't touch the Great Rafa on clay because of H2H.... Just wait till Rome, that's where the real clay is at and Nole can't touch him there..... "

Then Nole got beat by a vintage Fed and the Rafa camp/fan base breathed a long sigh of relief.

Fed was the hero of the day. TT Fed haters were reciting poems and songs in his honor. :lol:

Back on topic, why did Rafa fail to adjust his game after losing twice on HC?

Heck, he didn't even get a set on his favorite surface.

How come?

Messarger
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM
It matters because the point being discussed is Nadal's "multi-dimensional" game.

Also, Djokovic had not beaten Nadal on clay before these last couple of months.

Don't you remember?

"Just wait till clay season, cause Nole can't touch the Great Rafa on clay because of H2H.... Just wait till Rome, that's where the real clay is at and Nole can't touch him there..... "

Then Nole got beat by a vintage Fed and the Rafa camp/fan base breathed a long sigh of relief.

Fed was the hero of the day. TT Fed haters were reciting poems and songs in his honor. :lol:

Back on topic, why did Rafa fail to adjust his game after losing twice on HC?
Heck, he didn't even get a set on his favorite surface.

How come?

Could it be that he is still figuring out Djokovic? I wouldnt be surprise to see him attack the Djokovic forehand the next time they meet.

fundrazer
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Ugh, reminds me of one of my favorite parts about Agassi's book. Part about Chang or whoever thanking "God," for a win. If such a spiritual entity exists, he doesn't take sides in tennis matches...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Ugh, reminds me of one of my favorite parts about Agassi's book. Part about Chang or whoever thanking "God," for a win. If such a spiritual entity exists, he doesn't take sides in tennis matches...

I know, i am not religious, i just didnt know how to start :)

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Could it be that he is still figuring out Djokovic? I wouldnt be surprise to see him attack the Djokovic forehand the next time they meet.

Possibly.

That's quite slow though.

I mean 4 matches, 2 on clay to figure out the guy?

Haven't they played 23 times before those 4 match-ups?

Surely Rafa would know some weaknesses of Nole's game to fall back on?

I don't know.

I'm not entirely convinced.

Mick
06-18-2011, 12:05 PM
sometimes god is not very fair but tennis is always fair: the better player always wins.

Messarger
06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Possibly.

That's quite slow though.

I mean 4 matches, 2 on clay to figure out the guy?

Haven't they played 23 times before those 4 match-ups?

Surely Rafa would know some weaknesses of Nole's game to fall back on?

I don't know.

I'm not entirely convinced.

23 times before those 4 match ups, Djokovic wasnt the 2011 Djoker who eventually went on that 40 plus match winning streak. Will be interesting to see what Nadal does in their next encounter though..

norbac
06-18-2011, 12:11 PM

But Noel is the son of God.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
(Actually, it worked perfectly. Rafa said he wouldn't have been able to go home before Wimbledon if he won the Tsonga match. He also apologized to the tournament director for his 3rd set disappearance. He got a lot out of the match, won the first set, and 4-4 in 2nd set, despite Tsonga's 25 aces. He looks way better than last year's Queens, so no week one hiccups at Wimbledon :D )

Yes go home to Mallorca and juice up ...

MichaelNadal

At least you kept it real with your tardism in this post.

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 12:17 PM
23 times before those 4 match ups, Djokovic wasnt the 2011 Djoker who eventually went on that 40 plus match winning streak. Will be interesting to see what Nadal does in their next encounter though..

(I wasn't convinced by Djokovic losing the 1st set at Indian Wells and Miami, given that Rafa has only ever lost ONE match in his slam career after winning the 1st set. And the Miami final was decided by a 3rd set tie-breaker. At Madrid, nothing new there. Rafa has never won Madrid 2 years in a row, unlike all the other clay events. Rome was the only surprise, but it really wasn't a surprise given the roll Djokovic was on)

My prediction for their next match will largely depend on the kind of form the Djoker shows in the next week or so.

I have no idea how the loss at RG affected him, if at all, so judgement will have to be postponed.

If he has really reformed himself, then he should be able to pick himself up by his bootstraps and continue with his fine play when the big points come up in a match.

kishnabe
06-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Ralph will get knocked out in the first week....he won't get an escape act like 2010.

TMOP....Federer,Murray or Roddick should win. Nadal winning would be okay but it annoying to see him win grand slams. I just want him to win an Aussie...everything else should be Federer or Djokovic!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Ralph will get knocked out in the first week....he won't get an escape act like 2010.

TMOP....Federer,Murray or Roddick should win. Nadal winning would be okay but it annoying to see him win grand slams. I just want him to win an Aussie...everything else should be Federer or Djokovic!

I really REALLY hope you are right !

Sid_Vicious
06-18-2011, 12:26 PM
lol.. what a ****.

TennisFan3
06-18-2011, 12:44 PM
What was Rafa's alternate strategy when the CC Forehand failed him against Djokovic 4 times this year?

Kept pounding the BH side, but the Serb wasn't having any of it.

Did he change his multi-dimensional gameplan and beat Nole?

OK, I can understand not catching on at IW and Miami.

He may have thought Nole just got lucky the first time.

But what's the excuse when he lost in straight on his favorite surface?

Ridiculous post. Nadal win 10 slams by being one dimensional and hitting to everyone's backhand..right?

How about giving the other player some credit instead of saying Nadal is one dimensional.

Novak has always been a tough matchup for Rafa. He had a set point in F.O 2008 SF, against a Nadal at the peak of his powers. Nadal changed up the pattern in Rome 2011, went to Djokovic's forehand and was more aggressive in general. But that didn't work as Djoker was on FIRE, and hit some crazy DTL forehands. Did you see that match? Nadal will continue to make adjustments, and perhaps do better against Nole in the future, but yeah it will be a tough matchup regardless.

Also did you see the Fed-Nadal F.O final carefully? The familiar cc forehand to Fed's backhand + serving mostly at the backhand - did NOT work for Nadal. The Spaniard said the same thing in his Spanish interview. He admitted this is the best Fed had ever returned his serve using his backhand and also put him under pressure in neutral rallies by attacking using his backhand.

The match actually turned when Nadal became more aggressive and used his off-forehand (inside out and DTL) to attack Fed's forehand corner and force the Swiss to hit on the move. Fed's more vulnerable that way because he doesn't defend as well of the wide balls on his forehand side. So the F.O 2011 match was unlike their previous clay encounters in terms of the dynamics, both players tried to outwit the other,. and Rafa got through in a close match.

Give credit to players- they work hard and continuously improve. While Djokovic seems the most obvious, . both Fed and Nadal are improving too. Fed because he has the perfect mixture of aggression and variety + a improved backhand while working with Annacone. He's trying all the time against Nadal and everyone else - give him credit for that!

MichaelNadal
06-18-2011, 12:52 PM
^He's a Borg protector....

doctor dennis
06-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I would love Rafa to make it number 11 at SW19. Failing that I'd like to see the Djoker or Tsonga take it.
Hopefully it'll be a good tournament.

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Ridiculous post. Nadal win 10 slams by being one dimensional and hitting to everyone's backhand..right?

How about giving the other player some credit instead of saying Nadal is one dimensional.

OK. Djokovic played great tennis to beat Rafa 4 times this year. All credit to him.

Nadal will continue to make adjustments, and perhaps do better against Nole in the future, but yeah it will be a tough matchup regardless.

That was a similar statement made by some of my Nadal obsessed relatives after he lost the two HC finals to the Serb. They reasoned that Uncle Toni would have the solution ready by the time the clay court season rolled around.

"It's nothing. Rafa will get him on the clay because his H2H is perfect against Djokovic. Tio Toni will figure him out."

Didn't work out too well, did it?

Also did you see the Fed-Nadal F.O final carefully? The familiar cc forehand to Fed's backhand + serving mostly at the backhand - did NOT work for Nadal. The Spaniard said the same thing in his Spanish interview. He admitted this is the best Fed had ever returned his serve using his backhand and also put him under pressure in neutral rallies by attacking using his backhand.

Fed also had twice as many UE as Rafa. 56 in total compared to 27 from the Spaniard. Can't find the exact UE on his BH side, but at least half of his UEs are from that side. Would you still say Fed was successful in dealing with that CC forehand? Didn't look like it.

So the F.O 2011 match was unlike their previous clay encounters in terms of the dynamics, both players tried to outwit the other,. and Rafa got through in a close match.

I don't get your point.

Federer has never really been that able to deal with the CC FH in the same way as Djokovic, hence why I used him in my example. Whether or not Fed was able to return better off the BH side is irrelevant.

When the rally got going, the same dynamic from the past finals took hold.

Fed shanked yet another BH, and Rafa made yet another fist pump.

Didn't see a difference in the rallies.

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
^He's a Borg protector....

http://michaeljacksonanimatedgifs.com/images/others/GIFFINA.gif

Magnus
06-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, I sorta get the OP, I'm a bit sick of Nadal winning. True, that might be due to the fact that I find Nadal's game unappealing to me, although nobody can deny he's a terrific player. If Nadal wins the title, I just hope its isn't a borefest final at least. The FO final was a step in the right direction, but even that wasn't close enough really.

Of course, OP calling Nadal a pig is uncalled for. Can people here ever be mature?

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Haven't seen a decent GS final since Delpo pulled that crazy comeback off against Fed.

Hope this is the end of the dry run.

Magnus
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
If you watch the match with Murray at RG this year, Nadal was actually attacking Murray's forehand with down the line and inside out forehands. I wouldnt be surprise if he tried that against Djokovic next time, given how Murray and Djokovic both have greaters BHs than FHs.

If Rafa goes to Djoker's FH he's toast. Djokovic's FH is a scary shot today, so precise, so deep. The way to beat Djokovic is using different mixes of pace and length on your shots, not giving Djokovic a clue about what comes next. Low slices are especially effective, but Nadal's slices float too much. Nadal's strokes are amazing with their precision, pace and spin, but they are also very predictable, and Djokovic likes to hit them back, deeper, more powerful. Fed understood that just in time for Paris.

Magnus
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Haven't seen a decent GS final since Delpo pulled that crazy comeback off against Fed.

Hope this is the end of the dry run.

Don't forget Roddick's insane fight where he almost beat Roger in 2010 W final. That was way more than decent.

Magnus
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Nadal won most of these slams by hitting to Roger's BH nonstop, yes.

Nadal can be multi-dimensional, but he chooses to be one-dimensional.

Legend of Borg
06-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Don't forget Roddick's insane fight where he almost beat Roger in 2010 W final. That was way more than decent.

Oh yeah!

That was when Fed morphed into a Chinese guy called Lu, but I don't think that was the final.

I love watching his special hero powers in action.

MichaelNadal
06-18-2011, 01:40 PM
http://michaeljacksonanimatedgifs.com/images/others/GIFFINA.gif

Lol well you know it.

Mainad
06-18-2011, 02:04 PM

It was the 2009 final.:)

Hitman
06-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Novak has always been a tough matchup for Rafa. He had a set point in F.O 2008 SF, against a Nadal at the peak of his powers. Nadal changed up the pattern in Rome 2011, went to Djokovic's forehand and was more aggressive in general. But that didn't work as Djoker was on FIRE, and hit some crazy DTL forehands. Did you see that match? Nadal will continue to make adjustments, and perhaps do better against Nole in the future, but yeah it will be a tough matchup regardless.

The match actually turned when Nadal became more aggressive and used his off-forehand (inside out and DTL) to attack Fed's forehand corner and force the Swiss to hit on the move. Fed's more vulnerable that way because he doesn't defend as well of the wide balls on his forehand side. So the F.O 2011 match was unlike their previous clay encounters in terms of the dynamics, both players tried to outwit the other,. and Rafa got through in a close match.

Give credit to players- they work hard and continuously improve. While Djokovic seems the most obvious, . both Fed and Nadal are improving too. Fed because he has the perfect mixture of aggression and variety + a improved backhand while working with Annacone. He's trying all the time against Nadal and everyone else - give him credit for that!

Very good post! :)

ben123
06-18-2011, 03:20 PM

great thread :lol:

Bobby Jr
06-18-2011, 06:12 PM
To be honest, I'd be happier if God wanted Nadal to win and even helped him.... but Federer GOATed the match and won it in spite.

Sharpshooter
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Nadal's game one-dimensional. LOL the ****s are taking things to new levels of stupidity.

If Nadal's game is so one-dimensional how come the "GOAT" hasn't found a way to consistently beat it by now? Even on his best surfaces Fed struggles against Nadal.

Nadal's game is one of the best ever he doesn't have an opponent who has a dominating h2h record against him. Cue the ****s using their best weapon, Davydenko's slight lead. LOL two wins is not a dominating lead, if just one match went the other way, then it would be even at 5 all.

So why can't this one dimensional game be broken? Are the players that stupid that after 5-6 years they can't figure out a sound strategy against it? Maybe Djoker has finally found a way but then again, he's beating everybody else on tour atm as well not just Nadal.

Typical **** rubbish by the OP especially when you consider that Nadal plays differently at each of the majors. A fact that cannot be denied, you can't win the USO by standing 10ft behind the baseline and being conservative. Same with Wimbledon.

Clay lover
06-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Some guys just can't accept it when the macho dude comes and snatch away his girlfriend by keep "hitting to her backhand". "But I know art!" He yells, "I am the most graceful artist of all time!" What does it matter now?

Sorry but your blind hatred of a player out of love of your idol will ultimately backfire on you. Unjustified hate is more of a sin than love is a virtue. God will not show mercy upon your soul and unfortunately you have jinxed Fed's already slim chances at Wimbledon with your classless behaviour.

TheTruth
06-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Nadal's game one-dimensional. LOL the ****s are taking things to new levels of stupidity.

If Nadal's game is so one-dimensional how come the "GOAT" hasn't found a way to consistently beat it by now? Even on his best surfaces Fed struggles against Nadal.

Nadal's game is one of the best ever he doesn't have an opponent who has a dominating h2h record against him.

Cue the ****s using their best weapon, Davydenko's slight lead. LOL two wins is not a dominating lead, if just one match went the other way, then it would be even at 5 all.

So why can't this one dimensional game be broken? Are the players that stupid that after 5-6 years they can't figure out a sound strategy against it? Maybe Djoker has finally found a way but then again, he's beating everybody else on tour atm as well not just Nadal.

Typical **** rubbish by the OP especially when you consider that Nadal plays differently at each of the majors. A fact that cannot be denied, you can't win the USO by standing 10ft behind the baseline and being conservative. Same with Wimbledon.

Too much good stuff in this post.

I don't understand that logic. One dimensional? And he's been beating everybody with it over a prolonged period of time. Even, or especially the would-be "GOAT."

Agree on this, too. The rest of the tour must be very stupid. How insane.

The guy is just good, whether you like it or not.

Failing that, bash, while Rafa continues his great career without nary a care for armchair critics.

TheTruth
06-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Some guys just can't accept it when the macho dude comes and snatch away his girlfriend by keep "hitting to her backhand". "But I know art!" He yells, "I am the most graceful artist of all time!" What does it matter now?

Sorry but your blind hatred of a player out of love of your idol will ultimately backfire on you. Unjustified hate is more of a sin than love is a virtue. God will not show mercy upon your soul and unfortunately you have jinxed Fed's already slim chances at Wimbledon with your classless behaviour.

People need to keep some perspective. Unbridled hatred is scary.

beast of mallorca
06-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Dear Lord,
I humbly ask of you to help Rafael Nadal win the 2011 Wimbledon and US Open. He is my favourite player and a good role model for the kids to emulate....mostly because he's my favourite player. Thank you in advance.
Amen.

Messarger
06-19-2011, 01:18 AM
"Firstly wanna thank you for the prayer. Maybe my chances in Wimbledon just increase 5%. (laughter) But seriously i think i will have opportunities if i keep playing with a positive attitude no? Prayers are good but working hard on the court for sure is more important. Without the hard work you dont have the confidence and calm to play well under the pression so i think i have to continue improving my tennis on grass. When you are in a match it is just you against the other guy. I have nobody, not Toni or Roig with me in difficult moments like break points so i have to fight myself. But that is what i have been doing all my life, to keep fighting and beliving in myself."

zagor
06-19-2011, 01:51 AM
@OP:Man up,if Nadal wins he wins,regardless of what you think about his playing style,if it proves to be most effective at Wimbledon this year than you gotta hand it to him.

"Firstly wanna thank you for the prayer. Maybe my chances in Wimbledon just increase 5%. (laughter) But seriously i think i will have opportunities if i keep playing with a positive attitude no? Prayers are good but working hard on the court for sure is more important. Without the hard work you dont have the confidence and calm to play well under the pression so i think i have to continue improving my tennis on grass. When you are in a match it is just you against the other guy. I have nobody, not Toni or Roig with me in difficult moments like break points so i have to fight myself. But that is what i have been doing all my life, to keep fighting and beliving in myself."

LOL,brilliant.

Magnus
06-19-2011, 02:08 AM

Nadal's game is one of the best ever he doesn't have an opponent who has a dominating h2h record against him. Cue the ****s using their best weapon, Davydenko's slight lead. LOL two wins is not a dominating lead, if just one match went the other way, then it would be even at 5 all.

Because nobody said a one-dimensional game = a bad game. Nadal's game, no matter how many dimensions, is incredible. His movement, his defense, his ability to hit deep with so much spin to each corner, making barely any UEs in the proccess. Nadal is also a great player at the net, but he barely chooses to get there. Nadal can also hit some decent dropshots, but I barely ever see it. I don't see Nadal hitting short, low slices to bring opponents in and then pass them, I don't see Nadal hitting FH slice approach shots. These are things that Nadal CAN do, but he chooses not to, and I can understand why.

Nadal playing the "topspin to Fed's BH" routine has won him plenty of slams, so why should he abandon that. True, Djokovic lately seems like he cracked the forumla, but still, Nadal playing like a brick wall has payed dividends, so I don't understand why saying Nadal is one dimensional is an insult or disrespect.

zagor
06-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Because nobody said a one-dimensional game = a bad game. Nadal's game, no matter how many dimensions, is incredible. His movement, his defense, his ability to hit deep with so much spin to each corner, making barely any UEs in the proccess. Nadal is also a great player at the net, but he barely chooses to get there. Nadal can also hit some decent dropshots, but I barely ever see it. I don't see Nadal hitting short, low slices to bring opponents in and then pass them, I don't see Nadal hitting FH slice approach shots. These are things that Nadal CAN do, but he chooses not to, and I can understand why.

Nadal playing the "topspin to Fed's BH" routine has won him plenty of slams, so why should he abandon that. True, Djokovic lately seems like he cracked the forumla, but still, Nadal playing like a brick wall has payed dividends, so I don't understand why saying Nadal is one dimensional is an insult or disrespect.

Not an insult maybe but I still don't consider Nadal to be one dimensional since say 2007,he added more elements to his game and in general has the cosntant drive to improve his game even when on top(maybe more so than any other player I've seen).Compare his serve of the last few years to the one he had in 2005 and 2006 for example,he also finishes at the net better,even uses slice occasionally to good effect,his BH has been more of a weapon since 2007 etc.

Sharpshooter
06-19-2011, 03:09 AM

Because it isn't one-dimensional. If it were then it wouldn't be an insult. Nadal has worked hard over the years to develop a game that really only ever had the clay season working for it into something that allows him to win on all surfaces. He brings a different game to each slam he plays, there is no way he'd win the US Open by playing the same style he does at RG so how can it be a one dimensional game? It isn't one dimensional, that's why it is considered an insult.

Magnus
06-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Because it isn't one-dimensional. If it were then it wouldn't be an insult. Nadal has worked hard over the years to develop a game that really only ever had the clay season working for it into something that allows him to win on all surfaces. He brings a different game to each slam he plays, there is no way he'd win the US Open by playing the same style he does at RG so how can it be a one dimensional game? It isn't one dimensional, that's why it is considered an insult.

IMO it depends on the match. Nadal plays some of his matches really with one dimension, especially against Federer (where he needs one element to work well and that's it). He did improve his serve for the USO and played some aggressive tennis in some of the slams, but Nadal, at his core, is a grinder. Nothing bad about it, its effective, it wins him matches, obviously many people love. I find it unappealing, but its my problem, not Nadal's.

If anyone finds Nadal boring or one-dimensional, he doesn't have to watch him. Some find Federer boring as well, I can't understand that because to me Fed brings the most variety possible in a tennis match, and yet some people are bored by his graceful play. Different folks to different folks.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-19-2011, 05:14 AM
This place is so infected its not even fun anymore

Sharpshooter
06-19-2011, 05:39 AM
This place is so infected its not even fun anymore

Feel free to leave whenever you want. You won't be missed I can assure you of that.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Feel free to leave whenever you want. You won't be missed I can assure you of that.

Oh bu hu dont hurt my feelings slowshooter, i told you 2 weeks ago hitchhike back to your trailerpark!

The scenery will luckily change in here after Wimbledon, so nah- Ill stick around!

Sharpshooter
06-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Oh bu hu dont hurt my feelings slowshooter, i told you 2 weeks ago hitchhike back to your trailerpark!

The scenery will luckily change in here after Wimbledon, so nah- Ill stick around!

Make your way back to the toilet bowl you climbed out of you magical turd.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Make your way back to the toilet bowl you climbed out of you magical turd.

You missed by a mile :)

8PAQ
06-19-2011, 05:59 AM

Amen!!!!!!!!

Sharpshooter
06-19-2011, 06:31 AM
You missed by a mile :)

Missed what? You're a turd.

cucio
06-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Dear Lord,

let Serena enter the men's draw and win the Championships.

Just for the epic lulz.

kthx

TheTruth
06-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Dear Lord,

Let them enjoy the tennis without bashing other people's choices. Let them take solace that if they like their guy, it is sufficient.

Amen

Legend of Borg
06-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Dear Lord,

can't think of anything.

Dilettante
06-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Dear Lord,

Is it true that you are my father?

Sincerely yours,

Luke Skywalker.

Outbeyond
06-19-2011, 07:07 AM
The Lord has left the forum, lol...

Sentinel
06-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Dear Lord,
I've been a good boy all year. I know it's only June yet.
http://tinyurl.com/3dm5gbo

I promise not to troll if Federer wins his 17th slam at Wimbledon this year.

Love, Senti.

jackson vile
06-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I believe that Federer will win. His tennis is looking tactically sound, possibly more so than ever.

Hitman
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Dear Lord...

Please give me tickets to the fourth round. Probably the best day of tennis in the year.

Ticket has appeared...

Thank you lord!!!!!! :)

Maybe I should have asked for Wimbledon Final ticket instead... :cry:

Xemi666
06-19-2011, 12:50 PM

Damn... this must be a new low.

Hood_Man
06-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Dear Lord,

The Duck Billed Platypus? Really? Are you trying to troll Darwin's theories?

Lots of Love,

Hood_Man

cucio
06-19-2011, 02:01 PM
http://estaticos04.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/imagenes/2011/06/19/portada/1308399348_extras_portada_1.jpg

Damn! That TMOP ***!#$%! has peed again on my racquet! :evil:

Messarger
07-01-2011, 04:48 AM

Tennis is also about...Joe Wilfred Tsongaga ooh lalala rara gaga..

jackson vile
07-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Well, looks like Tsonga's god are stronger than either Federer's or the OP's.

FlamEnemY
07-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Dear Lord,

The Duck Billed Platypus? Really? Are you trying to troll Darwin's theories?

Lots of Love,

Hood_Man

The platypus is mother Nature's way of saying she can make a critter out of spare parts in the garage that can still cripple you.

monfed
07-03-2011, 09:45 PM

I think the good lord has heard your prayers. ****** got schooled!! :)

Sentinel
07-03-2011, 11:51 PM
The platypus is mother Nature's way of saying she can make a critter out of spare parts in the garage that can still cripple you.
LMAO !!!

Thus Spake Federer:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/06/26/Wimbledon-Wednesday-Federer-Sees-More-Grand-Slam-Titles.aspx