PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon in 2036

Sentinel
06-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Anyone seen this link.

http://hsbc.wimbledon.com/futures.htm

Some points...

Monitoring athlete performance and enhancing spectator enjoyment in the game will be a big part in the future of Wimbledon
Sensors will monitor muscular contractions, measuring fatigue and minimizing strain on tiring muscles
Sweat levels will be monitored to gauge hydration levels and indicate stress levelsPlayer's will be able to train on virtual courts such as Centre Court and select their opponent
Tennis robots could simulate an opponents game strategy
Training will be maximized between physical training sessions, as opponents’ games can be watched passively in the virtual world during recovery

Interchangeable lenses will allow players greater visibility on court in adverse lighting conditions.
Clothing fabrics will be capable of regulating a player's temperature
Active strapping/ compression solutions will adapt the level of compression according to the temperature of the clothing fabrics

Strings will bruise before breaking
Stiffer, lighter materials will lead to greater control of the racket weight distribution allowing the player to generate more spin
Wireless sensors will be embedded into the frame of the racket to record racket speed

Holographic projection technology will allow live game feeds to be projected in 3D environments
Tennis matches could be brought to us live in 3D in our living room
Audiences will see real-time feedback given to players during matches

Bartelby
06-19-2011, 02:54 AM
I wonder if it's the infamous polarization that will allow racquet weight distribution to generate more spin? Or what else would?

kOaMaster
06-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Stiffer, lighter materials will lead to greater control of the racket weight distribution allowing the player to generate more spin
Wireless sensors will be embedded into the frame of the racket to record racket speed

seems a little contradictory to me?
why would you make extra embedded sensors if you want the racket to be light?

MethodTennis
06-19-2011, 03:34 AM
wimbledon 2261 maybe in 250 years but 25, get real. They should have spent less on researching what might happen and more on even trying to make one of these ideas a eality (throwing money into a black hole)

Mustard
06-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Predicting the long-term future seldom ends well. In the 1960s, a lot of people thought much of humanity would be living on the moon by the year 2000. What an epic fail that turned out to be.

MixieP
06-19-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm glad to see that my bank is sponsoring Wimbledon. Money well spent.

I think Andy will adapt quickly to the new virtual courts. He spends most of his time there already, as I understand it.

jaggy
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
2036 and still no men's english singles champ!

Nadalfan89
06-19-2011, 04:03 PM
All of those things are perfectly possible even nowadays. It's just far too expensive right now. Those saying that it's impossible in 25 years should really read a book about technology...

Tammo
06-19-2011, 04:07 PM
it seems fine the way it is now.

Sentinel
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm glad to see that my bank is sponsoring Wimbledon. Money well spent.

I think Andy will adapt quickly to the new virtual courts. He spends most of his time there already, as I understand it.
haha !!!

What if they make racquets that can't be smashed ??? :shock::shock: