PDA

View Full Version : On Styles, Rackets and Talent

OddJack
06-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Interesting read on NY Times about styles and different rackets.

.... “I really think Federer is one of those guys who can adjust the easiest to anything you give him, but Nadal’s game, if you gave him Federer’s racket, I think it would not be pretty.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/20/sports/tennis/20iht-SRWIRACKET20.html

Nicholas Warino
06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Interesting article.

I've recently thought that if Nadal and Federer could mate and give birth to a man-child, it would be Djokovic. Djokovic has a similar defensive profile of Nadal, in terms of speed, court coverage, and counter-puncher style but also some of the variety and offensive game of Federer. He has a two-handed backhand like Nadal, but is right-handed, like Fed. His forehand is heavy on top-spin, but not as much as Nadal, but seemingly more so than Federer.

fps
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Interesting article.

I've recently thought that if Nadal and Federer could mate and give birth to a man-child, it would be Djokovic. Djokovic has a similar defensive profile of Nadal, in terms of speed, court coverage, and counter-puncher style but also some of the variety and offensive game of Federer. He has a two-handed backhand like Nadal, but is right-handed, like Fed. His forehand is heavy on top-spin, but not as much as Nadal, but seemingly more so than Federer.

Djokovic doesn't hit a forehand as heavy as Fed. Djokovic is his own thing to my mind, although he does, when on, combine hard consistent strokes a la nadal with a more attacking game a la fed, and i'd not thought about that before, so thanks.