PDA

View Full Version : The "2012 Wimbledon & 2012 Olympics @ Wimbledon" double

powerangle
06-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I think it will be interesting, and refreshing for once, to see an extended grass season next year so to speak.

The organizers will have to haul their behinds to get the grass "fresh" again after the two weeks of beating the lawns take during Wimbledon proper. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get the grass courts ready again? Surely they won't use the battered courts for the Olympics by not rejuvenating the lawns after Wimbledon?

As for the champs discussion, I think if Federer were able to win Wimby this year, it would be the icing on the cake to overtake Sampras' record at Wimbledon next year, and then win the Olympics at Wimbledon in the short span of a few weeks.

drakulie
06-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Should be a historic grass court season.

kishnabe
06-19-2011, 08:03 PM
He won't be overtaking Sampras record....if he doens't win this year. Though I am voting for Federer at Olympics and WImbledon next year!

Тинана
06-19-2011, 08:13 PM
powerangle, my gut told me Federer might not get the title for 2011 Wimbledon.

MichaelNadal
06-19-2011, 08:22 PM
I think that's pretty awesome we will basically have 2 Wimbledon's next year. Holy shiz if the same person wins both! I have a feeling Murray will finally get one.

powerangle
06-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I think that's pretty awesome we will basically have 2 Wimbledon's next year. Holy shiz if the same person wins both! I have a feeling Murray will finally get one.

Who will be the grass court player of the year if different people win Wimbledon and the Olympics? :shock:

MichaelNadal
06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Will still be whoever wins Wimbledon, plus they will say, "well everyone is drained from Wimbledon just 2 weeks ago".

TennisFan3
06-19-2011, 08:47 PM

It can't be 2 Wimbledons. The olympics matches are best of 3, except the final.

The olympics won't carry the same degree of toughness that slams do. Any big server can get hot and win a best of 3. Expect some top guys to lose early to the likes of Milos, Karlovic, Isner etc

norbac
06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Who will be the grass court player of the year if different people win Wimbledon and the Olympics? :shock:

Whoever wins Wimbledon. The Olympics is best two out of three until the final.

MichaelNadal
06-19-2011, 08:52 PM
It can't be 2 Wimbledons. The olympics matches are best of 3, except the final.

The olympics won't carry the same degree of toughness that slams do. Any big server can get hot and win a best of 3. Expect some top guys to lose early to the likes of Milos, Karlovic, Isner etc

I know, but im saying in a sense. Same venue, same guys, same courts, and everyone is going to be trying to win. Wimbledon still holds more weight of course.

powerangle
06-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Will still be whoever wins Wimbledon, plus they will say, "well everyone is drained from Wimbledon just 2 weeks ago".

Whoever wins Wimbledon. The Olympics is best two out of three until the final.

Well of course. I was being sneaky trying to generate some responses to this thread...it was too quiet. :( Finally lured some lurkers out of the woodwork. :)