PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back chris evert

ttwarrior1
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
great to see her announcing, whoever made these threads bashing her today are way wrong. I thought she was great and spot on. :)

FedererBestTennis
06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
She is the latest abomination to the already horrible announcing crew at ESPN...

Chris: "Ahhh, remember that match in 2004 when Capriati was cheated at the US Open and Serena won with the help of the line judges?"

Pam: "Uhhh...no. That never happened. Let's look that one up."

Chris: "Okay, I think I'm right though."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HP3HpMu8oOQ/S7riR5l7iPI/AAAAAAAABUE/HW340Z_gp40/s1600/Stupid.jpg

The_Question
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I already noticed she's too P.C...from the ESPN's piece about her and Martina...

Terre Battu
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Chris Evert = BORING.

SStrikerR
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
She sucks.

montrealforum
06-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Chris Evert is excellent, love her forever. SHe's an upgrade over Carillo who has lost her game for sure. Pairing Evert with Enberg is trouble though as Enberg is just not knowledgable about tennis.

bluetrain4
06-21-2011, 06:59 AM
I still want to see Evert and Brad Gilbert, and have Gilbert push her a little bit.

Fowler, who wasn't a tennis guy to begin with (much better known for college football), is very good, though he's not actually calling matches. But, I think he could be good with a seasoned commentator as his partner.

DRII
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Chris Evert is excellent, love her forever. SHe's an upgrade over Carillo who has lost her game for sure. Pairing Evert with Enberg is trouble though as Enberg is just not knowledgable about tennis.

Is it a coincidence that Carillo leaves as Evert arrives? I think not. One or both obviously have a dislike for the other!

Best commentating combo IMO is EdBerg, J-Mac, and Carillo...

I'm not saying they're perfect, but the best I've heard recently.

FedererBestTennis
06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Is it a coincidence that Carillo leaves as Evert arrives? I think not. One or both obviously have a dislike for the other!

Best commentating combo IMO is EdBerg, J-Mac, and Carillo...

I'm not saying they're perfect, but the best I've heard recently.
Do you mean Enberg? Ehh, I don't like him that much. I think Mary Carillo is hilarious...I don't understand why everyone hates her. Johnny Mac always has good insight because he actually gets to hit with the top players sometimes.

DRII
06-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Do you mean Enberg? Ehh, I don't like him that much. I think Mary Carillo is hilarious...I don't understand why everyone hates her. Johnny Mac always has good insight because he actually gets to hit with the top players sometimes.

Yea, Enberg sorry...

I also think Carillo is amuzing, especially when paired with J-Mac and Enberg. EnBerg just has a great broadcasting voice, J-Mac has very good insight (like you said) and Carillo adds some humor and decent literary expostion - she trips me out with her various analogies and aliterations! :)

DRII
06-21-2011, 08:20 AM
"If a DelPoltro falls in the forest..."

LOL!!!

FedererBestTennis
06-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Yea, Enberg sorry...

I also think Carillo is amuzing, especially when paired with J-Mac and Enberg. EnBerg just has a great broadcasting voice, J-Mac has very good insight (like you said) and Carillo adds some humor and decent literary expostion - she trips me out with her various analogies and aliterations! :)

"If a DelPoltro falls in the forest..."

LOL!!!
Nice. I remember when she was imitating Nick Bollettieri, and doing it in a hilarious voice. I almost died laughing.

GS
06-21-2011, 08:24 AM
I like that joke someone made here awhile ago after Evert divorced Greg Norman: "Now she should marry a Frenchman and achieve the Grand Slam!"

Bjorn99
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
According to guys on the tour when she played, she was always willing and able to release mens tension, at any time.

teAlexis
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Who else shall we dig up out of the grave so they can commentate?:twisted:
:twisted: And because they keep bringing in new commentators, they are expected to chit chat because they're getting paid for it. :mad:

jakemcclain32
06-21-2011, 07:53 PM
According to guys on the tour when she played, she was always willing and able to release mens tension, at any time.

Nawwww!!! Not sweet ol Chrissie! I'm sure that, when she wasn't on a tennis court, she was in church!