PDA

View Full Version : Rory McIlroy: 'Rafa Nadal is the greatest sportsman in the world'

batz
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
In an interview on 5live. Says Rafa is his role model and the greatest sportsman in the world.

Rory and Rafa up a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Rippy
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah there's a couple of interviews by Nadal on BBCSport where he's been praising Rory too.

CDestroyer
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
How ghey.

10 butt pickers.

The_Question
06-20-2011, 12:46 PM
That's because they're good friends...it's like Tiger Woods praising about Fed...and vice versa...

Magnus
06-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Good for him I guess.

sureshs
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Fed picked the wrong guy - Woodie - as his Nike friend.

Once again, Rafa shows that he is the GOAT.

mctennis
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I remember a friend of mine telling me that Arnold Palmer got an "Athlete of the Decade" award. A GOLFER?!?!?!?!?!

Cup8489
06-20-2011, 02:39 PM
That's because they're good friends...it's like Tiger Woods praising about Fed...and vice versa...

ah, ok.

So it's like two wannabe GOATs praising each other, just like the two GOATs praise each other? I gotcha.

Cup8489
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM

I'd rather be friends with Woods than McIlroy; at least Woods has killer instinct and hasn't ever really massively choked away a huge lead...

tacou
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Woods choked away his career

Mustard
06-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd rather be friends with Woods than McIlroy; at least Woods has killer instinct and hasn't ever really massively choked away a huge lead...

Rory learned from his mistakes from the final 18 at the US Masters and totally dominated the US Open by winning with a record score. That's a very positive trait.

batz
06-20-2011, 02:56 PM

I think he did something else that finishes ked away his career.

Rock Strongo
06-20-2011, 03:18 PM

Many choked away their career on Woods.

nethawkwenatchee
06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Rory learned from his mistakes from the final 18 at the US Masters and totally dominated the US Open by winning with a record score. That's a very positive trait.

Absolutely! Anyone who watched the open has to agree... Rory led a full spectrum example on how to dominate a tournament! What a great response to the Masters result!

Also: Tiger is a great American Champion who's dominance shouldn't be questioned by anyone who follows golf. I can't believe how people have kicked him during his time of need. I'm hoping the best for him and fully expect him to come back with fury!

tacou
06-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Many choked away their career on Woods.

well played

DjokovicForTheWin
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
No wayy, Fed made the right choice picking Woods. Woods has access to a lot of hot chicks, Rory is probably still a virgin.

jack_kramer
06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Smart kid this Rory.

ATXtennisaddict
06-20-2011, 06:36 PM
If I had to have a role model for mental strength, it'd be Nadal too.

Rory's got game, he showed he had mental strength when he won the US Open. Well, when you have an 8 shot lead going into the final rd, it's easy to be mentally strong because you're relaxed. I'm waiting to see how he responds to being down or having a small lead.

Cup8489
06-20-2011, 06:39 PM

One incredible tournament a legend does not create. It may have been a record score, but how many times has Woods pulled through? I mean hell, at the masters in the second to last 18 he played he started looking like the Woods of old, with a massive surge on the back 9.. To me his ability to come from behind is actually more impressive than a record score.. because (especially a few years back) you couldn't count him out, even when it seemed he was completely out of it.. you couldn't ever count him out.

NadalAgassi
06-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Woods has actually never won a major without holding atleast a share of the lead going into Sunday. Any big come from behind ability in majors is merely a myth. In non major tournaments yes he has come from behind quite a few times.

Cup8489
06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Woods has actually never won a major without holding atleast a share of the lead going into Sunday. Any big come from behind ability in majors is merely a myth. In non major tournaments yes he has come from behind quite a few times.

never specified majors only.

NadalAgassi
06-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Well if you cant do it when it is most important it isnt really that big a deal is it. Contrast that to Serena who comes from behind in majors many times.

Jchurch
06-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Absolutely! Anyone who watched the open has to agree... Rory led a full spectrum example on how to dominate a tournament! What a great response to the Masters result!

Also: Tiger is a great American Champion who's dominance shouldn't be questioned by anyone who follows golf. I can't believe how people have kicked him during his time of need. I'm hoping the best for him and fully expect him to come back with fury!

How would you compare Rory's 2011 USO with Tiger's 2000 USO?

Sentinel
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Who the hell is Rory whatever ? And who is he to put Rafa ahead of Roger ? How many slams has he won ?

Hater, i say. Haterz gonna hate !!!

nethawkwenatchee
06-20-2011, 10:05 PM
How would you compare Rory's 2011 USO with Tiger's 2000 USO?

This is risky business! (But here I go :)) McIlroy and Tiger both killed the perspective field (s): Rory with an unprecedented score of 16 under (never ever heard of at the open, which is known for being dry, tricky holed, ball buster, ETC.) Tiger displacing the field by 15 strokes (the only negative 72 hole score that year!)

1. How do we rate Congressional 2011 vs. Pebble Beach 2000? Rory shot an amazing 16 under and (like Tiger in 2000) he was the only one killing it (the know it all’s will of course point out that the course was too easy… wet greens, wide fairways, relative easy hole locations, ETC.) I personally don’t want to take away from Rory (but) judging by the 72 hole totals, it does appear (on paper) that Pebble Beach was a far trickier playing course. Tiger finished at -12 with the next lowest scores registered at +3 (Pebble was far more challenging or this weekend’s players were playing better… my opinion is that anyone who claims to have a definitive answer to this should be considered speculating so I’ll let the numbers speak alone)

2. Is Rory now the next Tiger because of this amazing result? My simple answer is No Way, not even, Nada. The fact is: Rory won the tournament by an eight stroke advantage.

A few Tiger facts that should be considered: won the 2000 US Open, at Pebble Beach, by fifteen strokes! Also, Tiger has at least ten tournament victories by an eight stroke (or more) margin… including the 2000 us open/Pebble (15 strokes), 2000 british open/St.Andrews (8 strokes… for a -19), 1997 Masters (12 strokes for a -18)

Fed Kennedy
06-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Woods had goated to ambien and krystal fueled levels of goating that Mcenroey could never dream of.

LeoMOMO
06-20-2011, 11:07 PM

In addítion, Rafa has been praising Woods.;-)

fednad
06-21-2011, 03:46 AM

That is Greatest Ouchhhhh Of All Time.

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 05:05 AM
That is Greatest Ouchhhhh Of All Time.
HAHA! That was a wonderful 1000th post. sureshs is very sensitive about the Federer issue.

p.s. yeh Rori Mcilroy kaunsi khet ki mooli hai ???

adidasman
06-21-2011, 05:33 AM
Am I losing my mind here? Are you guys discussing GOLF??!!?? Ugh.

Winner_DownTheLine
06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Nike at it again