PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon's weather!

Buckethead
06-20-2011, 07:25 PM
If it is going to be rainy like today it is going to be one of the worse tournaments ever.

First the top players will have a clear advantage over everybody else, and by that I mean top players, which will always play on Center court under the roof, will get to rest one day and come out to play on the next day under the roof, while others will have to play 2 days in row or even 2 matches in one day.

Almost 70% of the matches cancelled, many to be finished while they still have tomorrow's schedule to be played.

I hope it gets better from now on.

Bartelby
06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Your hopes may be dashed:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

Buckethead
06-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Your hopes may be dashed:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

Thanks for bringing the bad news Bartelby :)

There were a few matches I wanted to see tomorrow but I don;t think it'll happen.

Weather there really suc..s .

Feņa14
06-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I said a few weeks ago that the tournament will be dictated by the weather, and which of the big players play best under the roof. They said we were going to have a really hot and dry summer, but they never are. I'm going on Thursday and the forecast at the moment is for it to be a wash out, which is a shame, but not something I didn't expect :(

Mustard
06-20-2011, 07:49 PM
According to the BBC weather forecast, there's no rain at all during Tuesday's play.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8

Buckethead
06-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I said a few weeks ago that the tournament will be dictated by the weather, and which of the big players play best under the roof. They said we were going to have a really hot and dry summer, but they never are. I'm going on Thursday and the forecast at the moment is for it to be a wash out, which is a shame, but not something I didn't expect :(
Can you get your money back??
According to the BBC weather forecast, there's no rain at all during tomorrow's play.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8
I hope we can see a good weather so it will not favor some players more than others, all I expect is equal conditions to everyone.

Feņa14
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM

I think so, i'll have to check the tickets but they probably give you a percentage back depending on how little you see.

The forecast for Thursday is rain all day, so i'll have to look into it probably.

batz
06-21-2011, 12:02 AM

I hope we can see a good weather so it will not favor some players more than others, all I expect is equal conditions to everyone.

The you have unacheivable expectations. No slam is able to guarantee the same conditions to every player for every match. That would require every player playing their matches on the same indoor court.

jackson vile
06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
There is some rain, but so far not so bad.

Buckethead
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
There is some rain, but so far not so bad.

There already some matches canceled for tomorrow, and instead of starting at 10 and 11 am they decided to start at noon.

Mustard
06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, the BBC weather forecast for Tuesday was correct with no rain during the day's play. It's a different story for Wednesday as there's a lot of rain over the Greater London area at the start of play and it should last until the late afternoon. I think play will be starting under the roof on centre court.

Feņa14
06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, the BBC weather forecast for Tuesday was correct with no rain during the day's play. It's a different story for Wednesday as there's a lot of rain over the Greater London area at the start of play and it should last until the late afternoon. I think play will be starting under the roof on centre court.

Yeah the weather for the next 2 days looks really bad, with rain starting around lunch time and not stopping before 7ish. It's a shame, but I think we all saw it coming.

Mustard
06-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah the weather for the next 2 days looks really bad, with rain starting around lunch time and not stopping before 7ish. It's a shame, but I think we all saw it coming.

The BBC weather forecast has the rain gone from the Wimbledon area by 4pm. We'll see.

Mustard
06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
The BBC weather forecast was right again on Wednesday. For Thursday, the Greater London area has the threat of scattered showers in the late afternoon, with it all clear by the evening. There's a chance of no rain at all at Wimbledon tomorrow.