PDA

View Full Version : I like Rezai

montrealforum
06-21-2011, 04:51 AM
Some big wins for the talented but inconsistent French woman, she has beaten Henin, Maria, Venus, Safina, Schiavone, Bartoli, Woz, Azarenka, JJ and almost beat Serena last year. She's had a bad year due to personal problems (rumored to be pushy parents freeloading off her career).

She did an interview here talking about her career and it's funny about the bee attack story in Spain. Good read. Go Rezai:

http://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/biofile-with-aravane-rezai/

1970CRBase
06-21-2011, 05:17 AM
So enormously talented but distracted too much by her dad, just like Dokic was. Family problems cause so much emotional burn out for players in a game that is so mental. I hope she can get over this and focus herself to her sport. Plus, getting fitter will also help her confidence a lot.

montrealforum
06-21-2011, 05:24 AM
That's gotta be tough for the parents too. They invested so much into the development of the child to become a tennis player pro. Then shortly after the child gets there, the parents are asked to stay home and watch on TV, like a fan. I can see how some parents do not accept this, and want to travel the world and enjoy the benefits and dividends of their investment and sacrifices made for the child. Such a complicated situation. Wow Rezai just won the second set here, good for her, she looks poised for the upset. This is not what Serena wanted at all for her first round. I really like the demeanor and personality of Rezai you can tell she is so nice. Interesting that she says in the interview she is best friends wtih Venus but not Serena. lol.

MAXXply
06-21-2011, 05:49 AM
I understand Rezai is French-born of Iranian heritage. Does she have a following in Iran? Do Iranians 'claim' her as Iranian and not French? Or do they think she is a Western infidel who shouldn't be wearing blingey gold dresses on court etc etc? :-)

BlewByU
06-21-2011, 08:50 AM
yes,, i enjoy Rezai performing (along with Kvitova)
she certainly is a feisty persian player who could.

i often wonder where Rezai would be if she developed some real serving..
she might have been a lower-case Mandlikova.

but she is already 24.
very doubtful she will develop real serving.

montrealforum
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
There's always time and it's never too late, Schiavone proved it last year. God point about her needing to work on speed and movement agility than hitting winners at practice.