PDA

View Full Version : Nadal wishes he was in Djokovic's half of the draw. Discuss.

statto
06-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Nadal knows exactly what has to happen in order to stay #1 after Wimbledon:

1. He has to win the tournament.
2. Djokovic has to go no further than the semi finals.

In other words, regardless of Nadal's performance, he has to rely on someone else putting Djokovic out before the final, whereas if Djokovic was in his half of the draw it would totally be in his hands.

Anyone disagree with this reasoning?

pvaudio
06-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I do think that's accurate.

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 11:01 AM
No. He knows Noel will spank him handily. He wants Noel to face Roger in the final, and Roger to win the WO. If he himself reaches the final, then he knows Roger will lose, and he doesn't want that.

I think my logic is impeccable.

Nadalfan89
06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
No. He knows Noel will spank him handily. He wants Noel to face Roger in the final, and Roger to win the WO. If he himself reaches the final, then he knows Roger will lose, and he doesn't want that.

Yeah Djokovic will spank Nadal at Wimbledon...

How many grass titles does Djokovic have again?

rafabull
06-21-2011, 11:21 AM

Fed will take down the Djoker in the semis then I don't really care who wins the final as long as it is a Fedal affair.

Ray Mercer
06-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Nadal fears Djokovic. The clay beatings have taken there toll.

Bhagi Katbamna
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Honestly, If you gave Nadal(or any player) a choice of either winning Wimbledon and losing the #1 ranking or keeping the ranking but not winning Wimbledon, no one would pick the latter.

NamRanger
06-21-2011, 11:28 AM

Before this year Djokovic had a total of 0 wins vs Nadal on clay. This year, he gave Nadal two beatdowns of a life time on clay (something Nadal is not very use to). He is obviously very scared of Djokovic.

CocaCola
06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
It's stupid to discuss about 1st and 2nd seed being together in the same half of the draw.

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Nadal fears Djokovic. The clay beatings have taken there toll.
Absolutely true. Nasal's "strategy" failed against Noel.

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
It's stupid to discuss about 1st and 2nd seed being together in the same half of the draw.
Yup. It was Stupid who said so in the first place. :D

ksbh
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
As ever, the man with the big nose will take care of Nole in the semi-final and choke (according to his fans) in the final against Nadal.

What a joy it'll be to come here and read the disgruntled comments of Feddie fans when that happens! LOL!

ksbh
06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Top post! Another Nadal-Federer final ... bring it on! :)

Fed will take down the Djoker in the semis then I don't really care who wins the final as long as it is a Fedal affair.

MixieP
06-21-2011, 12:33 PM

I think your logic is immaculately impeccable, as well as totally correct. Murray will win Wimbledon.

Tony48
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM

I suppose "how many finals has Djokovic beaten Nadal in?" was a question you posed a few months ago.

zagor
06-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think Nadal and his camp want to face peak Novak under any circumstances,heck uncle Toni was openly rooting for Fed in RG SF so the answer to the question is no.Furthemore for top players the slams matter far more than the ranking.

sphinx780
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I honestly don't think it matters to Nadal. He knows he has to play well to win the tournament no matter what.

zagor
06-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Right.I personally hope it's an all Swiss Fed-Stan final,don't really care who wins of course.

CDestroyer
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
It doesn't matter what the ape man wants. He is going down hard and in great embarrassment.

Nadalfan89
06-21-2011, 02:18 PM
^ Typical classy statements by Fed fans. You people make me proud to be a Nadal fan.

statto
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Honestly, If you gave Nadal(or any player) a choice of either winning Wimbledon and losing the #1 ranking or keeping the ranking but not winning Wimbledon, no one would pick the latter.

That choice isn't available to Nadal anyway. If he doesn't win Wimbledon there is no possible way for him to keep the #2 ranking, even if Nole goes out in round 2. I agree with the sentiment though.

It's a discussion that relates to Nadal's confidence on grass and his confidence against Djokovic. It's all moot anyway, as they aren't in the same half (nor could they be given their rankings). My point is that Rafa's confidence on grass is such that he would prefer a harder route to the final if it increased his chances of being #1 in the world.

I think if we end up with a situation where Nadal beats Djokovic in the final then people will pose questions about the weight given to masters titles. It seems bizarre that someone could hold three out of four slams and be world #2.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM

How many times had Djokovic beaten Nadal on clay before this season?

Fea14
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Nadal shouldn't have too much difficulty in making the final, the roof and the change of conditions may be tough to adjust to, but he will make the final. He will probably face Djokovic or Federer in the final, but I think he should still be the winner at the end of 2 weeks.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
^ Typical classy statements by Fed fans. You people make me proud to be a Nadal fan.

Nadal-fans make me EXTREMELY proud of being a fan of ROGER FEDERER

CocaCola
06-21-2011, 06:00 PM
That choice isn't available to Nadal anyway. If he doesn't win Wimbledon there is no possible way for him to keep the #2 ranking, even if Nole goes out in round 2. I agree with the sentiment though.

It's a discussion that relates to Nadal's confidence on grass and his confidence against Djokovic. It's all moot anyway, as they aren't in the same half (nor could they be given their rankings). My point is that Rafa's confidence on grass is such that he would prefer a harder route to the final if it increased his chances of being #1 in the world.

I think if we end up with a situation where Nadal beats Djokovic in the final then people will pose questions about the weight given to masters titles. It seems bizarre that someone could hold three out of four slams and be world #2.
If Djokovic reaches the final and gets no.1 spot he will become one of the most deserved new No.1's ever and nothing can change that, even if he fails to take it at Wimbledon. For all the things that he's done in his carrer (2 slams, so many Masters), he deserves to be on top of the rankings.
Of course if you are an ignorant Nadal fan (just for example), you'll say that he does not deserve the No.1 spot etc.

CocaCola
06-21-2011, 06:46 PM
(So let's assume Rafa beats Djokovic in the Wimbledon Final [which I doubt, because Federer is a class above Djokovic on grass]......Why does a player with 2 slams in 3 and a half years deserve the top ranking more than a player with 5 of the last 6 slams? If you say Djokovic deserves the top ranking you can't base it on slams. To justify it you would have to say 'the streak is more valuable than slams', and that would definitely be wrong)

Ooh here's one. In 3:30AM. I'll be short (and I don't want a disscusion over No.1 spot with a subjective **** that claims how Nadal has better volleying skills than Federer) so please if you reply make it as short as you can, like: "Rafa is a bull" or "Djokovic has yet to beat Nadal in a final, "On clay", "Rome is the real clay" "Rafa allmost best Novak in Miami he will crush him on clay" or something like that).

Djokovic will become the most deserved NEW No.1 ever. The end.

Spider
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Another thread about the MM king. Djokovic is probably the most overrated player today.

NadalAgassi
06-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Djokovic is the biggest threat to Nadal out there now. Of course he is happier not being in Djokovic's draw. On grass Federer will probably beat Djokovic in the semis anyway, giving Nadal the chance to preserve his #1 for awhile longer. And Djokovic would be a bigger threat to Nadal then Federer would be.

Spider
06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Djokovic is the biggest threat to Nadal out there now. Of course he is happier not being in Djokovic's draw. On grass Federer will probably beat Djokovic in the semis anyway, giving Nadal the chance to preserve his #1 for awhile longer. And Djokovic would be a bigger threat to Nadal then Federer would be.

Djokovic isn't beating Nadal on grass. Beating Nadal in MM tournaments and beating him in slams is two different things.

tusharlovesrafa
06-21-2011, 08:49 PM

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 09:25 PM
It seems bizarre that someone could hold three out of four slams and be world #2.
So true. But then Noel has been spanking Nasal handily throughout the year, so it does seem understandable.
Had a good sleep, beta ? No bad dreams , i hope :D :D

tenniselbow1
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
First thought when reading this.. "Wow how bizarre" The last thing Nadal wants is Novak in his side of the draw for this tournament and I suspect for the rest of his career as things stand with how they match up. I suspect no one wants Novak in his side of the draw for that matter. Hands down the most consistent best player on the planet at the moment. Fed needed to go in God mode to take him down. Nadal's God mode on any surface may not be able to beat this Novak. If Fed loses to Novak, i'll be looking forward to that final.

Murrayfan31
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Both fan groups make me proud of being a fan of ANDY MURRAY.

NadalAgassi
06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Both fan groups make me proud of being a fan of ANDY MURRAY.

and people like you would make even Melanie Oudin fans proud.

powerangle
06-21-2011, 10:53 PM

Yes, because all Fed fans act the same way, yeah?

Great logic.

whomad15
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Lets just hope that Nadal doesn't hurt his poor knees again

tusharlovesrafa
06-21-2011, 11:16 PM
So true. But then Noel has been spanking Nasal handily throughout the year, so it does seem understandable.

Had a good sleep, beta ? No bad dreams , i hope :D :D

LOL nope..I barely sleep for more then 6 hours...I am listening to some melodious songs from LUCKY ALi..."Kabhi aisa lagta hai"

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
LOL nope..I barely sleep for more then 6 hours...I am listening to some melodious songs from LUCKY ALi..."Kabhi aisa lagta hai"
You need to eat some aloo-ka-parathas so you can stand up to Gorecki in a few hours. :D Provided you can handle all the gluten in them ;)

jerriy
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM

In other words, regardless of Nadal's performance, he has to rely on someone else putting Djokovic out before the final, whereas if Djokovic was in his half of the draw it would totally be in his hands.

Anyone disagree with this reasoning?Sounds reasonable except that the hypothetical semi final match wouldn't have been "in Nadal's hands" anyway (it'd've been on Noel's racket).

tusharlovesrafa
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
You need to eat some aloo-ka-parathas so you can stand up to Gorecki in a few hours. :D Provided you can handle all the gluten in them ;)

aloo ka parathas,kababs and chilli chicken...yummy yummy..No one can come between me and my dear food ...not even GORECKI....

CDestroyer
06-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Lets just hope that Nadal doesn't hurt his poor knees again

Hopefully he will destroy his knees and then I won't have to watch him, Serena or Venus ever again. Utopia is near.

Sentinel
06-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Next thing Nadal will say he wishes he were in Joker's pa..s shoes. :D

8PAQ
06-22-2011, 09:17 AM

I disagree. Nadal knows that he can no longer beat the King. The best he can hope for is not losing in embarrassing straight sets. He couldn't even do that last two times they met on Nadal favourite surface. Nadal knows that he only won the FO because Federer took out the King. Why in the world would Nadal want to lose in straight sets in the Wimbledon semi? I am sure Nadal rather lose in the final.

ViscaB
06-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he will destroy his knees and then I won't have to watch him, Serena or Venus ever again. Utopia is near.

Sad. Are you a sportsfan. Can't believe it.

Sad for you Rafa's knees are in a better state than 5 years ago since his new treatment.

ViscaB
06-22-2011, 09:39 AM
I disagree. Nadal knows that he can no longer beat the King. The best he can hope for is not losing in embarrassing straight sets. He couldn't even do that last two times they met on Nadal favourite surface. Nadal knows that he only won the FO because Federer took out the King. Why in the world would Nadal want to lose in straight sets in the Wimbledon semi? I am sure Nadal rather lose in the final.

Grass is Nada's best surface nowadays.

Sid_Vicious
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Both fan groups make me proud of being a fan of NOVAK DJOKOVIC.

Fixed it for you.

8PAQ
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
(Who is this 'king'? You mean the slam choker? :lol: Next time they play at a slam Rafa brings up the 6-0 in head2head. Now that's what I call embarrassing)

The best player of the year who dominated Nadal this year 4-0.

Sentinel
06-22-2011, 09:53 AM
(Who is this 'king'? You mean the slam choker? :lol: Next time they play at a slam Rafa brings up the 6-0 in head2head. Now that's what I call embarrassing)
"The King" often refers to the "real #1". This term was coined by Nadal fans when Roger was #1 but was being beaten by Nadal whenever Nadal was able to reach a final. Now when Noel is beating Nadal repeatedly (except when he was unable to reach a final), we should continue to honor the tradition started by the good, objective and ever-humble Nadal fans.

So Noel is the real #1. Nadal is the "so-called #1" -- just quoting an old Nadalfan friend of mine :D

Sentinel
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Somehow "dominated" seems a bit of an understatement. I would have thought "obliterated" fits the bill, but then i suppose one should not hurt the feelings of others ;)

mcenroefan
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM

NAdal has absolutely no desire to play Nole any sooner than he is forced to play him. Funny to see all the Nadal fans have gotten their courage back since Fed, not Nadal, beat Nole at the French. Fed essentially won the FO for Nadal. Nadal has virtually zero chance of winning Wimby if he faces Nole----thus he is quite glad he's in the other half of the draw.

If it's a Nole-NAdal final, I'll take the odds and Nole against any and all willing NAdal fans.

mcenroefan
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
(Djokovic is psychological garbage. He beat Rafa 3 matches in a row in 2009, and didn't even drop a set. Didn't help him in the 2010 US Open Final or 2010 Indoor World Tour Finals. This year's winning streak over Rafa hasn't been as impressive. Rafa won the first set in Indian Wells and Miami, and the Miami match was decided in a 3rd set tie-breaker. Djokovic will lose his 6th straight slam match to Rafa when they meet at this Wimbledon, if Djokovic is good enough to make the final)

That's alot of big talk since your boy has been dominated this year...on his favorite surface no less.

I guess by being "good enough," you are using it in a context such as: "Nadal wasn't good enough to make the final of the AO."

8PAQ
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
(Djokovic is psychological garbage. He beat Rafa 3 matches in a row in 2009, and didn't even drop a set. Didn't help him in the 2010 US Open Final or 2010 Indoor World Tour Finals. This year's winning streak over Rafa hasn't been as impressive. Rafa won the first set in Indian Wells and Miami, and the Miami match was decided in a 3rd set tie-breaker. Djokovic will lose his 6th straight slam match to Rafa when they meet at this Wimbledon, if Djokovic is good enough to make the final)

Wow! You are even dumber than I thought. At 2010 WTF Novak was playing with one eye after 4-4 in the first so that loss means nothing. This year Novak had the best start to a year of anyone ever in Open Era. Only Federer was able to finally beat him by doing his GOAT thing. In late 2009 Nadal was a mess and was losing in straights to all top 10 players other than Tsonga. Nadal was in a slump at the end of 2009. Even an obviously "special" ********* like you should know that. in 2011 Nadal is playing well and getting to finals and only losing to a vastly superior player Novak "the King" Djokovic.

Let me put this another way so you can understand. Both Nadal and Novak knew in 2009 that Nadal's loses didn't mean much because Nadal was in a slump. In 2011 both Nadal and Novak know that Novak is now a superior player and Nadal is clearly afraid of him now. Nadal actually pees in his pants a little every time he hears the King's name.

mcenroefan
06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
(It's not the first time Rafa has been beaten on clay, Federer was able to do it throughout the years. That didn't get him anywhere come slam time. Djokovic has won the Australian Open. Get over him :lol:)

Nole is about to become #1 in the world (with less tournaments played than Nadal)...looks like you're the one who is going to need to get over him.

Netzroller
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Nole is about to become #1 in the world (with less tournaments played than Nadal)...looks like you're the one who is going to need to get over him.
dunno, I think winning Wimbledon would mean a lot more to both guys than than keeping/getting the 1#

mcenroefan
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
dunno, I think winning Wimbledon would mean a lot more to both guys than than keeping/getting the 1#

It's kinda hard to argue that Nadal is the GOAT, as many of the fanatics around here do, if he can't even hang on to #1 for an extended series of years like the other greats have done. I think it means alot more to the players than your post indicates. If it didn't, NAdal wouldn't be killing himself trying to play so many tournaments....it's the points he's after.

crazyups
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
If they meet in the finals Nadal will be merciless with the Djoker since
1.He has revenge on his mind
2.He wants to tie Laver and Borg's slam count
3.He appears to be past his slump
4.Grass looks like his new favorite surface and Wimbledon fans like him
6.IT'S A SLAM and best of 5 grind favors Nadal
7.Djoker's momentum and confidence was interrupted in Paris

Talker
06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Nadal sees what's up but come time to play he'll just focus on a point at a time, he wants the championship more than anything. The draw is out and he'll just do what he can.

If he plays well his chances will be good, if he doesn't play well his chances will be not so good. No? :-|

crazyups
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Nadal sees what's up but come time to play he'll just focus on a point at a time, he wants the championship more than anything. The draw is out and he'll just do what he can.

If he plays well his chances will be good, if he doesn't play well his chances will be not so good. No? :-|

That is correct. But when he focuses on a point at a time his intention will be to inflict maximum punishment on that guy Djoker in particular.

TheTruth
06-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Both Federer and Nadal played Novak 4 times this year.

Federer won one for a 1-3 h2h (25%)

Nadal won none for a 0-4 h2h (0%)

If if happens that Novak beats Fed in the SF and loses to Nadal in the final, their records would be identical.

Would the same fans who consider Joker as obliterating, destroying Nadal, also say that Joker obliterated or destroyed Fed in 2011?

I can't wait to see what happens should this scenario come to fruition.

TMF
06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Actually, I see the opposite...Nadal is thrilled that Nole is on Fed's side. He can pray that Fed will take him out in the semi, b/c Nole is the last player Nadal ever want to see !

Cup8489
06-22-2011, 11:26 PM
As ever, the man with the big nose will take care of Nole in the semi-final and choke (according to his fans) in the final against Nadal.

What a joy it'll be to come here and read the disgruntled comments of Feddie fans when that happens! LOL!

I propose a bet, ksbh. Regarding the Wimbledon outcome.

Sentinel
06-23-2011, 04:01 AM
It's kinda hard to argue that Nadal is the GOAT, as many of the fanatics around here do, if he can't even hang on to #1 for an extended series of years like the other greats have done. I think it means alot more to the players than your post indicates. If it didn't, NAdal wouldn't be killing himself trying to play so many tournaments....it's the points he's after.
Great post. Nasal hardly has a case for Greatest of all time. A very weak case. Over and above that he's getting pwned repeatedly by Joker.

Was it a joy coming to this forum when Nasal was losing to Noel ?

statto
06-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Wow! You are even dumber than I thought. At 2010 WTF Novak was playing with one eye after 4-4 in the first so that loss means nothing. This year Novak had the best start to a year of anyone ever in Open Era. Only Federer was able to finally beat him by doing his GOAT thing. In late 2009 Nadal was a mess and was losing in straights to all top 10 players other than Tsonga. Nadal was in a slump at the end of 2009. Even an obviously "special" ********* like you should know that. in 2011 Nadal is playing well and getting to finals and only losing to a vastly superior player Novak "the King" Djokovic.

Let me put this another way so you can understand. Both Nadal and Novak knew in 2009 that Nadal's loses didn't mean much because Nadal was in a slump. In 2011 both Nadal and Novak know that Novak is now a superior player and Nadal is clearly afraid of him now. Nadal actually pees in his pants a little every time he hears the King's name.

Comment in bold is incorrect. McEnroe had a better start in '84 (and I'd be willing to bet that McEnroe's entire '84 season will prove to be superior to Djokovic's entire '11 season).

As far as Nadal fearing Djokovic is concerned, what a joke. Djokovic will have overachieved if he even makes the final at Wimby, and IMO Nadal will have a better chance of beating Djokovic on grass than he will against Federer (I'd say Nadal would win 3/4 against Djokovic whereas it's more like 1/2 against Roger).

Regarding whether #1 is more important than a slam, I'd take a slam every day of the week. If weeks at #1 is so important then people like Lendl start to come into greatest player ever equations. I can't think of anyone who would put Lendl above Borg, yet Lendl was #1 for far more weeks than Borg.

phnx90
06-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Both Federer and Nadal played Novak 4 times this year.

Federer won one for a 1-3 h2h (25%)

Nadal won none for a 0-4 h2h (0%)

If if happens that Novak beats Fed in the SF and loses to Nadal in the final, their records would be identical.

Would the same fans who consider Joker as obliterating, destroying Nadal, also say that Joker obliterated or destroyed Fed in 2011?

I can't wait to see what happens should this scenario come to fruition.

They won't, because many of those said Djoker "fans" are actually *******s who just want to see "ape man" lose...much in the same way pretty much every ******* supported Fed at the FO SF this year.

BARTPE
06-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Comment in bold is incorrect. McEnroe had a better start in '84 (and I'd be willing to bet that McEnroe's entire '84 season will prove to be superior to Djokovic's entire '11 season).

As far as Nadal fearing Djokovic is concerned, what a joke. Djokovic will have overachieved if he even makes the final at Wimby, and IMO Nadal will have a better chance of beating Djokovic on grass than he will against Federer (I'd say Nadal would win 3/4 against Djokovic whereas it's more like 1/2 against Roger).

Regarding whether #1 is more important than a slam, I'd take a slam every day of the week. If weeks at #1 is so important then people like Lendl start to come into greatest player ever equations. I can't think of anyone who would put Lendl above Borg, yet Lendl was #1 for far more weeks than Borg.

Comment in bold is incorrect. Djokovic had a better start in '11 because he won a GS, McEnroe didn't.

jackson vile
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Comment in bold is incorrect. Djokovic had a better start in '11 because he won a GS, McEnroe didn't.

Do you think that makes Novak's run more impressive?

BARTPE
06-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Yes, and McEnroe seems to have the same opinion: http://www.indiatalkies.com/2011/05/mcenroe-amazed-djokovics-37match-winning-streak.html

ksbh
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Absolutely! Seeing the Feddie fans forced to cheer for Nole (son of Dijana of the king is dead fame!)... priceless!

:)

Was it a joy coming to this forum when Nasal was losing to Noel ?

ksbh
06-23-2011, 09:49 AM
8489 ... sure, so long as it doesn't involve money or mechandise. I don't make a whole lot of money :)

If Federer meets Djokovic in the semi-finals, Djokovic's going home. If I lose, I'll stop posting Sunny Deol pictures! Agree? :)

I propose a bet, ksbh. Regarding the Wimbledon outcome.

sureshs
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
8489 ... sure, so long as it doesn't involve money or mechandise. I don't make a whole lot of money :)

If Federer meets Djokovic in the semi-finals, Djokovic's going home. If I lose, I'll stop posting Sunny Deol pictures! Agree? :)

What about the other guy?

ksbh
06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
You mean Ramaroger? If 8489 loses, he'll use a Ramaroger avatar for 10 weeks! ROFL! :)

What about the other guy?

Cup8489
06-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Lol.. I was considering more along the lines of a Fedal final. I fully expect Federer to thump the Djoker if they both reach the semis.. but I also expect Federer to trump nadal in 4 sets in a final, should they both reach it.

jackson vile
06-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Lol.. I was considering more along the lines of a Fedal final. I fully expect Federer to thump the Djoker if they both reach the semis.. but I also expect Federer to trump nadal in 4 sets in a final, should they both reach it.

And why do you say that?

Cup8489
06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
And why do you say that?

Federer is 2-1 in Wimbledon finals vs. Nadal.

jackson vile
06-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Federer is 2-1 in Wimbledon finals vs. Nadal.

Lame, that is your total analysis?

Cup8489
06-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Lame, that is your total analysis?

I haven't any need to explain myself.. I am entitled to my opinion, and it just happens to be that I think, should they make the finals, Nadal will not be winning.

jackson vile
06-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I haven't any need to explain myself.. I am entitled to my opinion, and it just happens to be that I think, should they make the finals, Nadal will not be winning.

I think Federer will win do to his increase in tactics, overall strategy, and the fact that he is obviously saving himself now for the slams.

The only thing that can catch Federer at this point is his lack of conditioning compared to players like Novak (as of now, not past) and Nadal.

ksbh
06-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry, my fault! :)

Now when it comes to a Nadal-Federer final, I have to admit I have no clue about the outcome. I said that Federer would take Nadal down in the FO final if he took his semi-final form. And for the first 30 mins, he seemed to be doing just that before Nadal made his come back. So it all really depends on what each of those players brings to the court.

But just for fun, why the hell not ... ok, if Federer beats Nadal, I'll stop posting Sunny Deol pictures and fully embrace the Federer fans as my bosom friends, with some exceptions of course ... can you imagine embracing a Breakpoint or a TMOP? :shock:

Cup8489
06-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Sorry, my fault! :)

Now when it comes to a Nadal-Federer final, I have to admit I have no clue about the outcome. I said that Federer would take Nadal down in the FO final if he took his semi-final form. And for the first 30 mins, he seemed to be doing just that before Nadal made his come back. So it all really depends on what each of those players brings to the court.

But just for fun, why the hell not ... ok, if Federer beats Nadal, I'll stop posting Sunny Deol pictures and fully embrace the Federer fans as my bosom friends, with some exceptions of course ... can you imagine embracing a Breakpoint or a TMOP? :shock:

Won't be embracing TMOP for a while.. haha

I will let you decide wht I should do should Nadal win the final!

Sid_Vicious
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM

Do you know why he was banned? He was around this morning.

Cup8489
06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Do you know why he was banned? He was around this morning.

not sure exactly.. i saw several of his last posts were tinged with his typical firey attitude.. but perhaps some of the posts he was banned for were subsequently deleted.

Only time will tell if he's able to return or not.

ksbh
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Is that even a question?! You'll have a Sunny Deol avatar for 12 weeks! :)

Is the duration acceptable? You may choose any picture of Sunny Deol except for ones where he's wearing a sun glass ... I just don't want the minds of female forum members to be agitated!

fps
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Nadal wants to win the tournament.

The number 1 ranking is something that takes care of itself, people aren't going to remember that as much as who wins this Wimbledon. Unless Djokovic wins by winning Wimbledon. But either Federer or Nadal would fancy their chances against him at any stage on grass.

TennisBatman
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Nadal would be most happy to play Djokovic in the finals.

Nadal would be most happy to play Federer in the finals.

End of story.

mcenroefan
06-23-2011, 03:02 PM

There both important and most of the greats have been able to do both (i.e., stay at # 1 and win slams).

Moreover, many people consider Lendl the equal of Borg. Borg's greatest claim to fame was the FO-Wimby double when it actually meant something, i.e., when the surfaces truly were very different. All credit to Borg for that and probably being the greatest clay courter ever.

I think derogating Lendl is foolish---the guy invented the power forehand and manhandled Mac when Mac was on an absolutely dominating streak during his career. Borg never managed to manhandle Mac as Lendl did. If Borg had stuck around, he almost certainly would have started losing more to Mac and Lendl.

Lendl is a legend and every bit as important as Borg and, guess what, his dominance at #1 proves it.

statto
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes, and McEnroe seems to have the same opinion: http://www.indiatalkies.com/2011/05/mcenroe-amazed-djokovics-37match-winning-streak.html

You should try reading the article you quoted. The reporter wrote: American tennis legend John McEnroe believes that the 37-match winning streak that World No.2 Novak Djokovic has put together is even more impressive than the record breaking run of 42 wins that he recorded in 1984.

However, what McEnroe actually said was: To begin with Im angry that Andy Murray didnt beat him last week and keep my record intact. It was the perfect opportunity to save it. But now Id say if he breaks it in Roland Garros next week it will be a more impressive feat than mine,

So no, McEnroe doesn't agree (at least not according to what he says in the article).

There both important and most of the greats have been able to do both (i.e., stay at # 1 and win slams).

Moreover, many people consider Lendl the equal of Borg. Borg's greatest claim to fame was the FO-Wimby double when it actually meant something, i.e., when the surfaces truly were very different. All credit to Borg for that and probably being the greatest clay courter ever.

I think derogating Lendl is foolish---the guy invented the power forehand and manhandled Mac when Mac was on an absolutely dominating streak during his career. Borg never managed to manhandle Mac as Lendl did. If Borg had stuck around, he almost certainly would have started losing more to Mac and Lendl.

Lendl is a legend and every bit as important as Borg and, guess what, his dominance at #1 proves it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lendl was a great player, one of the top ten in the open era, but I think you overestimate how many people would rate Lendl as equal to Borg*. I also think you paint a slightly flattering picture of Lendl v McEnroe. Lendl leads Mac 21:15 in their H2H, but 10 of those wins came in their last twelve encounters when Mac was way past his prime, and when Mac was "on a dominating streak" as you put it in 1984 he won six out of seven encounters.

*I'll start a thread on it and see what the forum thinks.

mcenroefan
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Lendl was a great player, one of the top ten in the open era, but I think you overestimate how many people would rate Lendl as equal to Borg*. I also think you paint a slightly flattering picture of Lendl v McEnroe. Lendl leads Mac 21:15 in their H2H, but 10 of those wins came in their last twelve encounters when Mac was way past his prime, and when Mac was "on a dominating streak" as you put it in 1984 he won six out of seven encounters.

*I'll start a thread on it and see what the forum thinks.

Borg owns a certain "mystique" that pretty much no other player can match b/c he walked away from the game and b/c he was simply "cool" off the court. Subjective opinions are influenced by such a mystique but, in the end, the stats and numbers are what we have. I think Lendl was as good as Borg but that's just my opinion. His stats are better than Borg's in some ways and worse in others. In any case, they both are great. The fact that Borg didn't remain #1 for a longer period definitely is significant in my mind but we could debate the "what ifs" regarding him walking away all night. All of that said, I don't think Nadal's and Fed's FO-Wimby consecutive wins are remotely as significant as Borg's accomplishments in those tournaments so that's a big credit to Borg.

I watched all of those Mac-Lendl matches as a Mac maniac. From my viewpoint, Lendl put Mac into his downslide and I don't think Mac was "way past his prime" when Lendl started thrashing him. Lendl just figured Mac out and developed the perfect gameplan to defuse him. MAc could no longer volley effectively off the pace of Lendl's forehand and Lendl developed a fantastic slice return to mute Macs wide lefty serve in the ad court. This took away Mac's two biggest weapons and the rest is history. We may be seeing a similar transformation in the Nadal Nole rivalry...I think Nole has figured him out and will win alot of their matches going forward. Again though...just my opinion.

oy vey
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Before this year Djokovic had a total of 0 wins vs Nadal on clay. This year, he gave Nadal two beatdowns of a life time on clay (something Nadal is not very use to). He is obviously very scared of Djokovic.

The one in Madrid really hurt. But the guy has been number 3 for years. Did everyone expect him to just stay there and be happy? I don't know if Rafa is friendly with Novak anymore.

catskillthunder
06-24-2011, 12:09 AM
vastly superior player Novak "the King" Djokovic.

LOL IRL. You cannot possibly post this and actually believe it can you?

Sentinel
07-04-2011, 07:17 AM

I hope my good friend @khbs is having a great time reading the disgruntled comments on the forum right now !