PDA

View Full Version : What happen to Oudin??

courtking
06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Once she was a biggest star of USTA, I just look over the score and did not believe it.. she got only 1 game against the biggest choker of all time.. That's very very strange.. is she injured or something?? or may be Oudin is back down to earth now..

Buckethead
06-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Once she was a biggest star of USTA, I just look over the score and did not believe it.. she got only 1 game against the biggest choker of all time.. That's very very strange.. is she injured or something?? or may be Oudin is back down to earth now..

This is the real Oudin, not talented at all, short, with no weapons, but a hard worker and resilience.

Is anybody expected anything more than the fluke runs she had, they must go to a psychiatrist right now.

PSNELKE
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
What happen?..The USO 2009 stuff was just a fluke.
seriously she didnīt do anything other than that on the tour.
She is just being her mediocre self.

vandre
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
what i really want to know is did ana wear the catsuit???? :twisted:

as for oudin, i'd say that's pretty much what one should expect out of american tennis and the usta right now. a player who pulls together a nice run at a slam, gets more hype/ pressure/ expectations than the second coming of pete sampras and then can't post results like that again. what's oudin ranked right now? is she gonna be on the bubble for direct entry for slams?

vandre
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
since it won't let me edit my previous post, i want to point out that her adidas shoes must have been the secret to her superpowers. since the adidas contract ended, she's been getting beat like batman with no utility belt!!!!

pmerk34
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM

She never grew. She has short arms and is short for a top female tennis player these days it seems and therefore has a weak serve. Her Forehand is too flat and therefore prone to errors. Her strengths are her movement and determination. We'll see if she can hang around the top 50 and play in Fed Cup some more.

Tammo
06-21-2011, 01:59 PM
she had one good run, but that was it.

adidasman
06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
since it won't let me edit my previous post, i want to point out that her adidas shoes must have been the secret to her superpowers. since the adidas contract ended, she's been getting beat like batman with no utility belt!!!! Right - because she won so many events in her Barricades. Gadzooks, how could this result surprise anyone? Did she get into the event directly, or did she have to play the qualies?

Doubles
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
This is the real Oudin, not talented at all, short, with no weapons, but a hard worker and resilience.

Is anybody expected anything more than the fluke runs she had, they must go to a psychiatrist right now.

I still don't understand how you bash every pro you don't like. To you, everyone lacks talent. I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing you play at a Grand Slam...

hugobosstachini
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Oudin never had something special - moreover she took weight I think, her FH lost any kind of sting she had in the past - she just completely fell apart. I thought her FH was quite cool especially with that eastern grip, which lacks plenty on the WTA tour, where she was abled to really trash the ball from the side when she was confident (...) the real question is what had taken Maria to ever lost to this player !? Even with a 22+ DFs record she really should have defeated this.

PSNELKE
06-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I still don't understand how you bash every pro you don't like. To you, everyone lacks talent. I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing you play at a Grand Slam...

Surprisingly he didnīt start a bandwagon after her USO run.
Since heīs jumping on every single one and also starts all of them.:lol:

Doubles
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Surprisingly he didnīt start a bandwagon after her USO run.
Since heīs jumping on every single one and also starts all of them.:lol:

True......

1970CRBase
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
bbb curve.

PeterPanda
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
To sum it up she looked awful compared to Anna and looks out of shape.

heftylefty
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
What happen?..The USO 2009 stuff was just a fluke.
seriously she didnīt do anything other than that on the tour.
She is just being her mediocre self.

I agree. And people say Donald Young was hyped. Oudin was pegged to be the next ChrisAmerica.

NadalAgassi
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
She caught lightning in a bottle at the 09 U.S Open. She played at a level she will never play at again. And even that wasnt that amazing. The only top player she legitimately outplayed was Dementieva. Sharapova had something like 20 double faults and 70 unforced (including the doubles) that day and still nearly won. Petrova was killing her and choked. Wozniacki easily outpushed and outsteadied her in a quarterfinal thrashing.

Ivanovic killing her on grass is to be expected. What weapon does Oudin have to hurt a hard hitter like Ana on grass. Ana has the forehand, serve, even backhand to crush Oudin. Mental strength and choking wont even come into play if it is a total mismatch.

Ledigs
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Too short

Chars

forthegame
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Very surprised to see the score. Bagel and breadstick against flaky Ivanovic??

BTW, Buckethead's been banned??

fundrazer
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I agree with buckethead. That us open run was a combination of her playing probably her maximum and having a draw full of choking russian headcases.

AM95
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
buckethead banned 0.o oh nooo

BobFL
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I think she got really lazy since she signed multimillion deal with some insurance/accounting company...

vandre
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I think she got really lazy since she signed multimillion deal with some insurance/accounting company...

for reals? :confused: she scored a big endorsement like that?

dcdoorknob
06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
If people think she's not naturally talented enough to be top 10 or even top 20 I think that is a legitimate assessment.

If people think she's not naturally talented enough to stay top 100 I'd say they are mistaken.

She's in danger of falling out of the top 100 soon though, but I don't think her reasons for falling so low are purely lack of talent. She doesn't look to be in great shape honestly. Seems to be carrying a few extra pounds and has zero discernible muscle definition

mellowyellow
06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree, she is too small, and the Russians she played had way more tennis in them by the USO. Now she is full time tennis career she is on equal terms travel wise and injury wise. They were good wins none the less but nothing she could really build on because that level of play is not really in her. Sharapova was not near 100 percent, Petrova not 100 percent their for any match at that point, and Dementieva had played more matches than anyone else on tour by that point and her strokes were not very penetrating from year long fatigue.....

Doubles
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM

The world is now a better place...

Ripster
06-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I had to laugh when people were actually predicting Oudin to be a future top ten player after the '09 US Open. She faced a series of massive Russian chokes to make the quarterfinals.

For people wondering why she hasn't achieved anything since - just look at her game. Short, no weapons at all, she has to completely rely on her fighting ability and hope opponents give her points.

SStrikerR
06-21-2011, 04:57 PM
She's really not that good. I mean I definitely think she's solid enough to be a top 20-30 player, but she doesn't have any major weapons or anything that would make her a threat.

gonzo2000
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
no weapons to hurt her opponents with. weak serve, mediocre forehand and backhand and lacks athleticism.

PSNELKE
06-21-2011, 05:50 PM

It was about time. It was Bucketheadīs late autumn. :lol:

coolblue123
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Didn't see the match but I saw some pics. It seems like she bulked up. I thought counter-punchers are suppose to be lean and mean?
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6uxIzessN2O/Championships+Wimbledon+2011+Day+Two/wiU3pAWfk0F

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6uxIzessN2O/Championships+Wimbledon+2011+Day+Two/TEGKu_p2v5L

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6uxIzessN2O/Championships+Wimbledon+2011+Day+Two/wiU3pAWfk0F
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/6uxIzessN2O/Championships+Wimbledon+2011+Day+Two/TEGKu_p2v5L

BobFL
06-21-2011, 06:19 PM
for reals? :confused: she scored a big endorsement like that?

That's what they said on TC...

NadalAgassi
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I think her max potential is a top 50 player. I think she is much more likely to be a top 100 player only in the future though.

pmerk34
06-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I think her max potential is a top 50 player. I think she is much more likely to be a top 100 player only in the future though.

Agreed and most of these posters must live not live in America and have faulty memories or just hate Americans. The last tennis players to be hyped in this country were the Williams sisters and they destroyed the hype by becoming all time greats. No one knows who Oudin is outside of tennis circles in this country. I don't remember any announcers claiming oh she'll be top 10 for sure. I think almost everyone knew that unless she hit a growth spurt she was going to have problems

Fedace
06-21-2011, 06:58 PM

Too much too soon. or too much sex ????????:confused:

hoosierbr
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
She's not that good. She never was. Get over it.

Let's be honest: her run at the USO became big news b/c she beat Sharapova. Well that's nice except Maria was coming back from shoulder surgery and that summer was hitting so many double faults she should have won an award for it.

Oudin is about as good as she's going to be. She's a top 100 player who has the ability to beat a good player on their off day.

WinNCash
06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
She will be ranked around 100 after this tournament... She certainly needs to win some matches. Qualifying matches, whatever, doesn't matter. She played awful today. I do not remember her standing that far back when she was playing in 2009.

Wilson makes a lot of racquets too and I think it would be smart of her to play around with a bigger head size and extra length to get more pop on the ball.

There has to be an in between today and her play that was good enough for 4R Wimbledon and QF US Open.

Big_Dangerous
06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
To sum it up she looked awful compared to Anna and looks out of shape.

Yeah, Ivanovic pretty much took her behind the woodshed. It was pretty bad.

I remember someone making a comment that they didn't like when Navratilova said she thought Oudin looked a little out of shape at the French Open because she wasn't moving well. Perhaps there is some truth to what Martina said, because a 1 and love shellacking is pretty embarrassing, and it definitely wasn't nerves.

WinNCash
06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Ivanovic pretty much took her behind the woodshed. It was pretty bad.

I remember someone making a comment that they didn't like when Navratilova said she thought Oudin looked a little out of shape at the French Open because she wasn't moving well. Perhaps there is some truth to what Martina said, because a 1 and love shellacking is pretty embarrassing, and it definitely wasn't nerves.

I thought she looked too heavy. Whatever this means... remember when Jankovic tried to bulk up?

Ivanovic did her thing today and she deserves a bunch of credit for her play.

mfromg
06-22-2011, 03:17 AM
she serves horribly. she had 90 % first serves in after the first set, but lost 6:0. Her second serve, no comment.

Tony48
06-22-2011, 04:21 AM
I was pretty surprised when I saw the scoreline yesterday. I didn't exactly expect her to win slams anytime soon but.....it seems that she's barely winning anymore.

neverstopplaying
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM
http://www.groundreport.com/Sports/Leslie-Oudins-Mother-in-Affair-with-Coach-Brian-de/2907436

nuff said

forthegame
06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.groundreport.com/Sports/Leslie-Oudins-Mother-in-Affair-with-Coach-Brian-de/2907436

nuff said

Article dated September 2009.
Oudin is Belgian?

Sack the writer ASAP.

HSTennisGuy
06-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Oudin needs to go back to her old k blade tour at least she had more zing on her shots then. She also needs to get back to the shape she was in at the open she was ripped. She seems slow now and is just pushing that ball around:confused: