PDA

View Full Version : Why are some racquets more demanding?

scez
06-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I already know that smaller head sizes make a racquet more demanding. But why would I find the fp radical tour more demanding the ncode 90? The ncode 90 had its strings at 60 pounds, while the fp radical tour had its strings really loose. The ncode 90 also has a smaller head size, and the grip was even too big. Its not like I would all of a sudden get much better in 2 weeks.

Gaines Hillix
06-29-2005, 01:07 PM
What is more demanding about the FP Rad for you? Do yo mean you have less control or you're hitting the ball long? You have more mishits with the FP? The looser strings could be one thing if you're hitting your shots long or wide.

scez
06-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I found that it had less power and worse control.

Colpo
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
It sounds like the Head's string set-up was all off. The ncode 90 is one of the most demanding frames out there, from its rigid feel, to its small sweetspot, to its high static weight; it's a lot of lumber to wield over the course of a match for most players. That's not to say it isn't a very fine racquet for the right player. You may have just stumbled upon an ideal string set-up for that frame and for how you were hitting that day, but I wouldn't rush out and buy three of them quite yet!

scez
06-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I am not buying it. My strings just broke during a game so a coach let me use his racquet until the next switch. I just used it for a couple of points.