PDA

View Full Version : Microgel vs. Youtek Grommets

Pure Babs
06-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi TW or anyone willing to help. My question is: Will the new Youtek Radical Pro [teflon] grommets fit on the Microgel version as well? Thank you.

weksa
06-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Even though I have neither of the racquets, I'll bring the following to your attention:

1) MGRP has 100 in^2 head, while YTRP has 98 in^2 head.

2) TW carries distinctly different grommet sets for the MG & YT versions instead of listing them together, which suggests they're different.

3) The stringing pattern is different for the MG (9T,8H,10H) & YT versions (7T,9T,7H,9H), which suggests different spacing of the grommets.

My bet is that the new YT grommets won't fit the MG racquet. For your convenience, here are the links to the MGRP and YTRP grommets:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_MicroGEL_Radical_Pro_Mid_Grommet/descpageHEAD-MGRADPMG.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_Radical_Pro_Grommet/descpageHEAD-HYRPROG.html

Pure Babs
06-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks Weksa, but actually they both do have an 100 sq.inch headsize. The drill patterns were what I was worried about... However the MP versions were compatible I believe.

weksa
06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh, interesting. When checking the racquets individually, I got different results in contrast to using TW's probably-erroneous Compare feature.

1) The YTRP is listed as 100 sq. inch like you said. The 98 from the Compare feature is probably wrong.

2) The MGRP stringing pattern is listed as 7T,9T,7H,9H, which matches the YTRP. Again, the Compare feature is wrong (I double checked the pattern with KlipperUSA's site).

So, I take back what all I said. It sounds like the grommets would fit then.

Hopefully TW or someone else can chime in. I think a good place to try posting this is in the Racquet section of the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people there, and you'll probably get a quicker response.

And I'll be notifying TW of their discrepancies between the actual listed specs and specs shown by Racquet Finder + Compare.