PDA

View Full Version : Any info on the Prince Precision Michael Chang Longbody OS?

cjkr206
06-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I found the Prince Precision Michael Chang Longbody OS racquet brand new, never been used, at a local shop's clearance section. Of course there was no demos and the sales people didn't know a thing about this racquet. So... could anybody give me feedback on this racquet? Have you ever used it? What current models would you compare it to?

nwidiyantoro
07-21-2005, 04:19 AM
I use similar racquet that you mention, it really help me to hit with a lot of top spins (esp forehand). And generate serve either flat or spin-added also help me to stay competitive during single play. In my opinion you should take that racquet, since probably you could bought it in cheaper price.

BTW I'm using OS-107",long body-28" version

Also check this review-
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PGMC/PGMCReview.html

Thanks

Gaines Hillix
07-21-2005, 05:43 AM
These are nice frames. Similar in concept and construction to a POG OS in a longbody format. They are great for baseliners using a 2 handed BH. Good pop on serves and topspin potential. Downside is maneuverability at net, so they aren't as good for s/v or higher level doubles players. I have 2 of them that I cut down to 27.5" that I used to play with regularly.

Hill
07-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Great racket for spin and control. I use it regularly and have 3 of them. If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the best selling rackets in Asia for several years after its introduction.

atatu
07-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Nice frame, I also cut mine down to 27.5 and found that it played much better.

nwidiyantoro
09-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Nice frame, I also cut mine down to 27.5 and found that it played much better.

Atatu,

I intend to shorthening my racquet from 28" into 27.5",is there any significant difference made esp at volley or more top-spins. I've got offering from local tennis shop (in Jakarta, Indonesia) that they could do such services. But I'm still doubt since those racquets were rare in Indonesia and I'm affraid such modification will ruin my racquet.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

atatu
09-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Salamat Pagi. I cut mine down myself using my friend's bandsaw. The racket was much easier to volley with and I also found I could get my forehand around a little easier. Overall, I'd say pendek lagi = bagus sekali !

nwidiyantoro
09-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Salamat Pagi. I cut mine down myself using my friend's bandsaw. The racket was much easier to volley with and I also found I could get my forehand around a little easier. Overall, I'd say pendek lagi = bagus sekali !

Terima kasih,
I think I'll stay with current length, may be I just get more practice on my volley techniques.

dickstick
09-10-2005, 08:14 AM
I have both the OS and MP versions of the original, neither of which i have cut down. I found that the OS was much easier to get around for volleys, and crisper, than the MP version. Choking up on the grip a little bit comes automatically in certain situations, such as second serves and returniing serves against a heavy hitter (the one area you may notice a loss of stability on off center hits). On later versions of the Chang frame, which beefed up racquet dimensions and weight, and added sweet spot suspension, I found that a perfect prepared stroke could feel crisper, but the swingweight could be horrible compared to the lighter originals--in which case i would definitely cut those shafts at least the half inch. Summary: the original thin, greenish blue Chang frames were fine racquets, that you will enjoy playing with, that you don't need to cut down, and which will get you a good price on the For Sale page here or on ****.