PDA

View Full Version : pog os vs Ti.Radical OS

newbie123
04-25-2004, 06:13 PM
How does the power/control/playability of the POG OS compare with the Ti.Radical OS. I know this is a weird comparison....Currently my Ti.Radical weighs at a little under 12 ounces and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I need a backup racquet and the availability of the POG is much better.

Steve H.
04-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Not so weird, they're pretty similar. The POG is more stable and a little stiffer because of the crossbar. But if you like the TiRad, why not get another one? TW still sells them for $79, pre-strung.

newbie123
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
I guess the reason is....I heard the POG OS is better for wrist, shoulder, elbows....

Coda
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
well I would go with the POG just because it has that old school feel

Tenny
04-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I feel I understand your curiosity. I invested a lot of effort, time to find out MY racquet and finally settled with Ti Radical (Love this! I tried I radical but didn't like it). I recently purchased POG OS too but yet to try it so I cannot compare it. I paid $80+SH$10 for POGS OS new I found at ****. Or, if you stick to a new design (means not that old)-one green+one goldern stripe around head-you might be able to find a good condition one from **** (maybe $50-65). Don't forget to ask how old the POG is, how many times has it been restrung, look, condition etc to get a better condition ones. There are so many POG OS fanatics and I think there must be some reasons. Good luck! ^^ Tenny

newbie123
04-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys. Tenny please let me know how the POG OS compares with the Ti.Radical when you get a chance to play with it =)

David I.
04-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I use an i.radical OS as a backup for my POG OS and can switch between them easily. I weighted up the i.rad an oz. in the handle to match the POG weight and balance and had to shave two sides of the more rectangular Head size 3 grip to match the shape of a Prince size 2 grip. The POG is a little stiffer and the i.rad has a denser string pattern but I get the same spin as a POG.

newbie123
04-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Which racquet do you get more control with? I'm guessing the POG........but it sounds like they're pretty similar.

Beeftongue
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
I've got both. I started out with the POG, but found it was too much weight for me. The Ti.Radical (which I picked up for $70 at a competing retailer) is much easier to swing throughout the course of a match. However, I may end up adding a little weight in the throat just to give it a *slightly* heavier feel.

kooyah
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
newbie, if you're used to the weight of the Ti Radical, I'd stay with it. The POG is heavier, so I don't think it'd serve you well as a back up racquet.

Plus, the Ti Radical can be had for a great price now.