PDA

View Full Version : What is your Holy Grail racket? (for you and why?)

BillyIdol
06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
My Holy Grail racket is the Pro Staff 6.0 95. When I get going with this racket on my forehand, it is deadly! They need to include a paintbrush with this racket because I am painting the lines with this puppy! The touch shots are simply amazing with this racket! I feel that this racket is incredibly manuverable, especially on returns! I can generate a lot of racket head speed with this racket! I feel like Federer with this racket! The angles that you can hit with this racket are just insane! I feel a lot of "pocketing" with this racket especially on the forehand! This racket serves very well also. What is funny about this racket is that it is heavy, but swings feels very light and manuverable! Strange, I know! You won't need to hold back on any shots anymore! I find it hard to hit a ball out of the court! I pulled out my HPS 6.1 to play with it, and then I went back to the 6.0 95, and I instantly realized that it was more manuverable and more controlled! Just perfect! Every once and awhile a racket comes along that is just perfect for you, and the PS 6.0 95 is that racket for me! My little secret is the string too! Here is the secret: use NXT Tour 17 strung at 58lbs! I call my PS 6.0 95 "Black Magic"!

John

Who's next?

timmyboy
06-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Right now, it's the pro-staff tour 90 because it is my first pro racquet. i can't wait to try out my yonex rdx though.

thejackal
06-30-2005, 03:23 AM
HPS 6.1. Doesn't feel as sweet as the 6.0 95 but a lot more stable and really lets me rip forehands and serves.

yvp
06-30-2005, 03:44 AM
Would u count a Babolat Pure Control Zylon???
Have yet to play with a better racquet.

federer_nadal
06-30-2005, 04:06 AM
YVP, no one can count out your holy grail , there is no rules to a holy grail. Lets say mine is n61 tour which may be my holy grail (i am yet to find out because i havent tried enough racquets) and say jacks could be a hyper hammer 2.3 which is a tweener. No one can count it out because it is YOUR holy grail.

andfor
06-30-2005, 05:48 AM
My Holy Grail is what ever I am not using today. Often when I demo a new stick I fall in love. Currently I use the RDX 500, which is a fine stick. The latest demo that has me smitten is the Babolat Aero Pro Drive, standard or plus both played very well for me.

I would save a lot of money if I would not demo!

HeavyBall
06-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Head Classic Mid.

basil J
06-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Dunlop 200G MW. Smooth & Sweet! String it at 64# with 17' gauge gut. You can really hit out with this baby! I have used probably 5 different sticks over the last 5 years and I always use the 200G MW as a reference. Wilson HPS 6.1, Prince TT Graphite, Yonex, Wilson Prostaff Tour 95 and Ncode 6.1 & I finally stopped looking and settled on staying with the Dunlop. Just a solid well made racquet!! No bells, no whistle :D s, just winners....

joe sch
06-30-2005, 07:33 AM
dunlop max 200g . No explanation required !

nViATi
06-30-2005, 07:45 AM
lm prestige mp :)

mvoltrona
06-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Right now, I'm using the FP Radical Mid+, and I love it. But I'd have to say that my holy grail is the Ti.Radical. I've never been more consistent. I've never owned one, but when all my frames were broken and I didn't have a stick to play with, I used my friends Ti for a long time, and it rocked. When it came time to finally get a new stick, I got the FP, and (like I said), it's great, but I'm now bidding on the Ti on ****.

theace21
06-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Prince Original Graphite - I demo others, but something about this racket just keeps me coming back...It has stood the test of time. Good spin, easy to string, solid everywhere. only negatives is the weight. After I demo something else, you really notice the heft of this racket. If you can swing it, easy on the arm...

Rapmaster
06-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Head Ti. Fire

I don't use them any more, but I loved them back in the day.

Mr wontong 007
06-30-2005, 08:04 AM
definitely the prestige line
either the intelligence or the LM

AngeloDS
06-30-2005, 08:14 AM
I used a Wilson nSix-One 95, and it was like I was holding a magical racquet in my hand. It felt like it was a gift given from god. I was blasting forehands like there was no other, the swing-weight was PERFECT. I was able to adjust and get ridiculous amount of top-spin and speed without sacraficing accuracy. The serves weren't the greatest or fastest, but they were so precise and just had the right amount of kick with the least amount of effort.

A D
06-30-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm banking mine will be this abzorber 98 once i receive it back from the shop. I had it strung with pro hurricane 16s at 64lbs(i'm expecting to lose a couple of lbs of tension after a few hours).
I picked it up at sport chek for only $50.00CAD and can't wait to try it out.

ffrpg
06-30-2005, 08:54 AM
The Wilson 6.0 PS 85 is my so called "Holy Grail." It's very predictable and I am able to do exactly what I want to do with this racquet. It's very stable and groundstrokes feel amazing. What more could anyone else want in a racquet?

antontd
06-30-2005, 02:19 PM
I am painting the lines with this puppy!
If could do that I would make Roger look like an amateur.

markdinh
06-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I second that. I'm using a Wilson nCode Tour 90, but my favorite racquet was the Ti Fire Tour Edition. I wanted to find something a little heavier and softer (for more confort and pace), but with an open string pattern. None of the newer Heads fit the bill, so I switched to the nCode. I like my nCode, but not quite as confidently as with the Ti Fire (but more comfortable...less wrist pain).

Head Ti. Fire

snoflewis
06-30-2005, 04:24 PM
wilson prostaff tour 95....light and maneuverable for a player's racket...and plus...it's yellow on the inside

BreakPoint
06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
My Holy Grail racket is the Pro Staff 6.0 95. When I get going with this racket on my forehand, it is deadly! They need to include a paintbrush with this racket because I am painting the lines with this puppy! The touch shots are simply amazing with this racket! I feel that this racket is incredibly manuverable, especially on returns! I can generate a lot of racket head speed with this racket! I feel like Federer with this racket! The angles that you can hit with this racket are just insane! I feel a lot of "pocketing" with this racket especially on the forehand! This racket serves very well also. What is funny about this racket is that it is heavy, but swings feels very light and manuverable! Strange, I know! You won't need to hold back on any shots anymore! I find it hard to hit a ball out of the court! I pulled out my HPS 6.1 to play with it, and then I went back to the 6.0 95, and I instantly realized that it was more manuverable and more controlled! Just perfect! Every once and awhile a racket comes along that is just perfect for you, and the PS 6.0 95 is that racket for me! My little secret is the string too! Here is the secret: use NXT Tour 17 strung at 58lbs! I call my PS 6.0 95 "Black Magic"!

John

Who's next?

Welcome to the club, Billy Idol! The PS 6.0 95 is about as close as I've come to finding my holy grail. If Wilson ever releases the PS 6.0 90 to the public, perhaps that might be a bit better, but for now the PS 6.0 95 is about as good as it gets for me. I agree with all of your points above, except that the killer shot for me with this racquet is my one-handed backhand rather than my forehand. I tend to get a bit wristy on the forehand with it, so sometimes I can't flatten it out as much I want to. Great for topspin and slice though. On the backhand, I can drive it flat with incredible pace or hit biting slices to any depth or hit devastating topspin passing shots. Serving is also pinpoint with pace or spin or both. Oh, and what can I say about volleys? Lots of touch and control and can hit them deep or short. Makes me feel like Johnny Mac! ;)

BTW, when you hit one of your killer forehand winners with this racquet, do you let out a "Rebel Yell"? :D

BreakPoint
06-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Head Ti. Fire

Was that the Ti.Fire Tour Edition? If so, that was my previous holy grail until I got tennis elbow with it. Now it's the PS 6.0 95.

billyboybeacon
06-30-2005, 05:37 PM
volkl C10 pro... addictive feel...I need to hit w/ the 6.0 95

wtennis206
06-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Babolat AeroPro Drive leaded up.

Flatspin
06-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Head i-Prestige mid! The Yonex RDX 500 mid is very nice also!!

Lakoste
06-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Mine is the Wilson Ceramic Sting SC Mid, it kinda reminds me of the PS 6.0 85 (my backup ), since its the same size head and the frame looks almost identical but its white, i think its a lot more stable too.

TommyGun
06-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Dunlop Maxply...only kidding, although it is as close to the grail as you can truly get.

Vantage, mainly because I now have a flexy, 95 sq. 18X20 at extended length...makes me serve like Roddick and return like Lendl ( or was that get served by Roddick and return Ike Lentil).

GOOOOOGA
06-30-2005, 06:10 PM
babolat aeropro control standard! love it, 98 sq in, 12.5ish oz w/ lead tape. the Control frames are always in the shadows of the Drives from babolat.

goober
06-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Wilson Torch OS

:) j/k

Actually I haven't found my holy grail yet. I like the Wilson Surge a lot until I got tennis elbow :(

Now I am using the yonex Mp tour 5- it alright but definitely no grail.

D-man
06-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Dunlop 200g MW 90". Excellent racket for my style & I am extraordinarily picky. I like it because its swing, weight, power, and touch feel just exactly right. :) I try all the frames that everyone raves about but finally realized that no one racket is going to fit everyone's style.

BreakPoint
06-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Dunlop Maxply...only kidding, although it is as close to the grail as you can truly get.

Agreed, the Maxply Fort was my holy grail for over 10 years. Until I finally switched to graphite. Of course, I chose the Max 200G.

bee
06-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Currently I prefer my Prestige LM MP with considerable lead tape added along the handle and a bit on the throat and head. Without the lead tape it feels too light and flimsy, but with it I prefer it over the Head Classic mid or midplus. Very flexible and easy on the arm, esp. with the VS gut 17 and string savers. Very nice!

westside
06-30-2005, 07:29 PM
i use a Wilson nSix-one 95 and it is awesome. I'm always consistant and hit alot of good shots more often. I can hit alot of topspin on my shots and can generate alot of power.

wildmoose31
06-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Wilson 6.1 Classic, wow this is all I ever wanted in a racquet

Z-Man
06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
POG LB, Baby! Doesn't everyone wish they had an extra inch?

goober
06-30-2005, 08:14 PM

No mine is too big I can't handle the size :p

BreakPoint
06-30-2005, 08:18 PM

Size isn't everything. It's how and how often you use it that counts! :p

tedmeister
06-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Not me. I find an extra quarter inch is all I need as far as enhancing performance is concerned :mrgreen: Any longer than that and my backhand loses a lot more than what I gain in the serve and forehand departments.

AndrewD
06-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Prince Precision Mono (still). Guess that's the benchmark for me, for all racquets to come. Why? Simply because I've never hit with a racquet that was as mobile at net, was so effortless on half-volleys, offered such good predictable, dependable power on all shots, makes serving so easy and could provide such heavy, biting slice on approach shots.

Ive got a feeling that Im never going to find anything to match it. Finally managed to trial a PS 6.0 95 and, sorry BP, but it's not even close. Nice racquet all right but, in the slice and net play departments, not a patch on the Mono.

So, my Grail quest will be to find something as good, for me, as the Mono.

BillyIdol
07-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Breakpoint,

This is Billy Idol (actually John). And yes, I do let out a "Rebel Yell" on all forehand winners! Then I say, "More, more, more!" What's wrong with more? (Blockbuster/Rebel Yell commercial). Actually, the HPS 6.1 is a superb all around racket also, but you need to get used to the weight. I am sort of hesitant to try the Wilson Pro Staff Classic 6.1 because I have a feeling that this could be the ultimate Holy Grail. Every player that I have played that used the PSC 6.1 has hit the ball extremely well and extremely hard! This racket seems to deliver a heavy ball. Racket or player? Or both? Do the good players choose better rackets? Or do the rackets make the player better?

I know that my confidence goe sky high when I use the PS 6.0 95! Other Holy Grail candidates include Slazenger X1, Yonex RDS MP and Mid, NCode 90, NCode 6.1, and Pro Staff Classic 6.1.

John

Ryoma Kun
07-01-2005, 12:52 AM
I use the slazenger probraided henman, good power, contorl, and feel. looks really good too, slap ona leather grip and 6 grams at 3 and 6 grams at 9 and your set.

i also love using the wilson ps 6.0 85 when my arm gets sore, that thing is smooth when u string it at 53lbs.

kanjii
07-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Adidas GTX Mid-T. Why? Kinda getting back to basics. Learning off an OS racquet, you feel like the technique isn't quite there...timing, footwork, and concentration. I've played with OS for the last 10+ years and miss the regular and mids alot. Back in high school days the best players played with OS. Give them a regular or mid and they weren't as competive...pretty weak actually...relied too much on racquet head size. Back to basic baby...back to basic.

FeloniousMonk
07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
The "Holy Grail Racquet" for me implies a quest. There was one Racquet that I searched for about 5 years and I finally found one on E-bay two summers ago. The Wilson Jack Kramer Midsize, this was one of the last woodies Wilson ever made, the head was about 25% larger than a stock Kramer, with a thin and visible strip of graphite laminated into the wood layers.

Plays pretty sweet. And that's one quest that's been fulfilled. My wife has a shoe fetish. I guess I have a racquet fetish. She's got way more shoes than I have racquets. Maybe someday I'll even the score.

ncode
07-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Head Prestige Classic Mid

foucapol
07-15-2005, 04:04 PM
My holy grail is Morvius Classic Tour which is not yet sold in the U.S. and Europe.
The spec. are 93sq." head, 12oz strung, 5pt HL, 22.5mm constant box beam with stability ring under the hoop. Just like more manueverable Max 200G with increased power.

sedwickdotcom
07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
iprestige mid - great serving, forehand, volleying

ShooterMcMarco
07-15-2005, 05:18 PM
chalk up another for the 6.0 95.

Gyoung
07-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I've just discovered the ROK (now that it is discontinued). I love everything about this racquet. It has such a sweet feel. Why do the mfg. always discontinue the best playing racquets? I've tried 90% of todays player's racquets and this one should be a keeper.

kanjii
07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
If it's in search.....my holy grail would be the Adidas GTX Pro-T. That has to be a classic one of a kind racquet. Egg shaped head and a monster of a weapon to the "CHOSEN ONE".

Match Point
07-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Tour 90...It's the best...I do use the Ncode 90 from time to time. I still trust the baseball bat approach on Tour 90. Always looking forward to Match Point in my favor! :mrgreen:

mrw
07-16-2005, 04:16 AM
The "Holy Grail Racquet" for me implies a quest. There was one Racquet that I searched for about 5 years and I finally found one on E-bay two summers ago. The Wilson Jack Kramer Midsize, this was one of the last woodies Wilson ever made, the head was about 25% larger than a stock Kramer, with a thin and visible strip of graphite laminated into the wood layers.

Plays pretty sweet. And that's one quest that's been fulfilled. My wife has a shoe fetish. I guess I have a racquet fetish. She's got way more shoes than I have racquets. Maybe someday I'll even the score.

Yeah, that one is on my list too. What I really want to find is a Davis Classic 4 3/8 grip that is vintage new. That was my racquet back in the 70's and I'd like to have one strung with vintage blue star strings.
The quest goes on.

Joe12
08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm banking mine will be this abzorber 98 once i receive it back from the shop. I had it strung with pro hurricane 16s at 64lbs(i'm expecting to lose a couple of lbs of tension after a few hours).
I picked it up at sport chek for only $50.00CAD and can't wait to try it out.

OMG I did the same thing.

Abzorber with Hurricane 17 at 65

Feņa14
08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Yonex SRD Tour 90.

The feel is different to any other frame out here and with a dampener you can hardly even feel the ball. You can hit flat and some nice spin to adapt to the shot and the weight ploughs through the ball.

I love the Yonex head shape and the 90sqi head. It serves pretty big because of the mass and volleys are good enough for me.. having said that I don't volley too much.

The frame is pretty heavy. What more can I ask for!?

gurj_v
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
RDX mid!!!

goosala
08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Pro Staff Tour 90 with a 4 5/8 grip and strung at 70 lbs. I can hit a sledgehammer forehand and still keep it inside the lines.

Jonnyf
08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
AeroPro Drive now i don't think my oppenent see's the racquet and ball anymore till it hits the back fence

LudaKrisKG
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
The Prostaff 6.0 Original 85

orangetennisme
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Shark DB, it just has that... thing. I love it.

joe sch
08-04-2005, 07:51 PM
For me to play the game I really enjoy, allcourt S/V tennis, its a dunlop max 200g. If I was planning to just blast winners from the baseline, I would stringup one of my new wilson ultra 2's with a gut/poly hybrid. For dubs, I would choose an original POG OS strung with all natural. Those are my dream rackets and they are all circa 1980 :)

Ryoma Kun
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
am i the only one going with slazenger?

probraided henman with 12 grams at 3 and 9
luxilon ti-mo 17 @ 58lbs

AkutsuJin
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
My holy grail is definetly without a doubt the Babolat Pure Drive Standard. I have tried many and switched to many, but always seem to come back to the PD. It has everything that I love in a racket and much more. I don't think i'll ever switch again.

AkutsuJin
08-05-2005, 12:22 AM
The Babolat Pure Drive Standard is my holy grail of a racket. I've switched to many different sticks and demoed a whole bunch more, but I always seem to come back to the Pure Drive. That racket has everything I love in a racket and much more

BDAZ
08-05-2005, 03:45 AM
if they made it, it would probably be a 95" POG. the 93" (really 90") is too small, and the 100" (LB, cut down) is too flexible. something in between would be awesome.

10sne1
08-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Prince Diablo Mid... very solid all court stick.

Camilio Pascual
08-05-2005, 05:44 AM
The Prince POGOStick. Its stable control and spin production along with medium low power are just the right blend for me.

killer
08-05-2005, 10:48 AM
In terms of combining both what i know from playing with the racquet and my inability to locate any of them currently, i would have to say my Holy Grail has got to be the Prince CTS Lightning 90...came out in the early 90s, and was far and away my favourite racquet. nice and light, with a good amount of power, excellent control...a great frame for an all-court player. Sadly, they're almost impossible to come by now...
*looks wistfully off to the sunset* ;-)

nextNalbandian
08-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Volkl Quantum V1 MP strung with NRG2 @69. Tried every racquet there is and can't find a better one for my game. I just keep going back.

prestigen
08-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Head Prestige Classic Mid and Head i.Prestige Mid.

Exile
08-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I want the 6.0 85 back, but right now i have to settle for the ps tour 90(leaded to hell, 14 oz)

It's a great stick so far and hasn't let me down.

Proud Pusher
08-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Next nalbandian, You really string your QV1 at 69#?? I've been using the
QV1 for years and like you just keep coming back after trying everything
under sun!

Recently been playing with the new DNX O. S. and really enjoying it! BUT,
I still seem to be digging into the bag for the QV 1 mp!

krnboijunsung
08-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Dunlop 300G, but I've been wanting to try out the Pure Control plus, and the M-Fil 200.

armand
08-09-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm searching for my Holy Grail. Can someone help me? I like to take a huge swing at the ball and everything just seems too powerful and too stiff for me. Even my longtime partner the Prestige Classic 600.
The PS 85 is pretty good but a bit demanding against good players. From, what I've read, maybe the RDX500 mid is the answer? Help

BreakPoint
08-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm searching for my Holy Grail. Can someone help me? I like to take a huge swing at the ball and everything just seems too powerful and too stiff for me. Even my longtime partner the Prestige Classic 600.
The PS 85 is pretty good but a bit demanding against good players. From, what I've read, maybe the RDX500 mid is the answer? Help

You read correctly. :D

Morpheus
08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Love the one you're with...

mctennis
08-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Volkl C10 Pro Tour -leaded to 14 oz strung with Bow brand gut.

smkulyk
08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Head Liquidmetal Radical mp.... great control, not lacking power

Kirko
08-09-2005, 09:19 PM
babolat PD leaded up to 11.9 oz. all in the head my topspin backhand has never been sweeter !

armand
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Love the one you're with...I am just so sick of your smart *** remarks, is that all you do there in Bermuda, just figure out ways to irritate people? Say something constructive, or I'll go all Cypher on you

Elenkov
08-11-2005, 11:38 PM
yonex rd power 10 long

if you have any extra laying around, i'll buy them. i'm down to 2.

Morpheus
08-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I am just so sick of your smart *** remarks, is that all you do there in Bermuda, just figure out ways to irritate people? Say something constructive, or I'll go all Cypher on you

Hey, Adely, I'm having a hard time reconciling this post with the one you posted indicating that you thought my "superman" caption was funny. I see nothing wrong with "love the one you're with." Face it, it's a great line and pretty much how I view tennis rackets--they're all good!.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/01/21/22s_safin_wideweb__430x290.jpg

Marat finally gets to play tennis against Superman. Unfortunatly, the match is held on Krypton, a planet with uncommon gravitational pull.

armand
08-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey, Adely, I'm having a hard time reconciling this post with the one you posted indicating that you thought my "superman" caption was funny. I see nothing wrong with "love the one you're with." Face it, it's a great line and pretty much how I view tennis rackets--they're all good!.If I woulda known this place was like this, I woulda told what to do with that red pill. I don't wanna face nuthin no more, gimme the blue pill. Well, wait, moments like that superman line are worth it...for now

Back to this Holy Grail deal: Is there anything better or comparable to the RDX500mid? I'm looking for feel, feel and more feel. I hate power!

POGO
08-12-2005, 03:34 PM
My Holy Grail is the classic spin doctor Yonex RD-7.

Morpheus
08-12-2005, 03:40 PM
If I woulda known this place was like this, I woulda told what to do with that red pill. I don't wanna face nuthin no more, gimme the blue pill. Well, wait, moments like that superman line are worth it...for now

OK, man, peace.

(Cypher dies in the end, so you don't want to follow that path.)

POGO
08-12-2005, 03:42 PM
if they made it, it would probably be a 95" POG. the 93" (really 90") is too small, and the 100" (LB, cut down) is too flexible. something in between would be awesome.
They did make it. It was called the Micheal Change Model Mid Plus which was a 28" longbody. You are too late :)

Muse
08-12-2005, 03:44 PM
My Holy Grail is the classic spin doctor Yonex RD-7.

What about the POGO? *is shocked*

RDX 500 mid for me.

POGO
08-12-2005, 03:46 PM
What about the POGO? *is shocked*

RDX 500 mid for me.
The POGO???? hmmmmmmmmmm..............oh yes....I am a classic....hahahah...

:mrgreen:

armand
08-12-2005, 10:40 PM
OK, man, peace.

(Cypher dies in the end, so you don't want to follow that path.)We all die in the end, Morpheus. It's just a matter of finding our own path and seeing it through. Perhaps I won't live as long as another, but in my shorter life I might accomplish more than he would in 3 lifetimes.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...

Buffalo Bill
08-13-2005, 09:11 AM
M-Fil 300, It is what it was and more.

Bill

drummerboy
08-13-2005, 11:49 AM
I am a big fan of my POG Mid (4 green stripes version). I tried some other sticks but I always come back to this frame. I love it so much I am looking for another one but can't find it in Europe.

sweeperjanitor
08-13-2005, 08:14 PM
ps 6.0 95. wow. everything just feel right with this racquet.

amadextor
08-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Yonex Super RD tour 90, just got two of them, I think it's better then hyped Prestige Classic, I own it too as well as Prestige Tour.

blackdafied
08-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Another vote for the PS 6.0 95, but I had to add 18 grams (the whole 36 in. pack) of lead tape to the 3 and 9 o'clock position. Yes, the racket is around 13 ounces now, but it hits like a dream. Still need to find the holy grail string though. ProMix 16 @60 might be too powerful, or maybe it's my technique (or lack thereof)

fishuuuuu
08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
v------------------------That one *runs away*

amadextor
08-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Amazing thing in super RD Tour 90 that in 41/2 I don't have to customize it, it's just great stock!

ilian
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
dunlop max 200g . No explanation required !

Can't agree more with that statement... Injection moulding could be the explanation for people who have no idea. :)

Tennis Man
04-02-2007, 04:32 PM
it's always with me. :)

Cavaleer
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
It gives me near- PS 85 maneuverability and precisionwith a solidity and strength that neither the 85, Tour 90 or nCode 90 can equal. Believe me, I've played with them all, and recently played with them back to back for comparison purposes.

It excels in every phase of the game. It has no weaknesses or preferences.

And best of all, I can tailor it almost exactly to my specific demands.

Cavaleer

tennis_hand
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM

John

Who's next?

John. What is your NTRP level?

My holy grail is PS 6.0 95 too. Grip: SL 4 made in Taiwan, as it is labeled TA. I agree everything you said. It is more maneuverable even than those lighter rackets.

harry2110
04-17-2007, 03:40 AM
baboloat aeropro drive

Tennis Man
04-17-2007, 08:24 AM
why? they are magic ... PS 85 and PC 600. :)

Ripper
04-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Lol, another resurected old thread. Anyway, my HG is the Yonex RD-7 with Topspin Poly Polar strings. My looong search ended there. Hope it stays that way ;)

nickb
04-17-2007, 08:59 AM
MY holy grail has changed.........to the k90!

jetlee2k
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I would say PS 85 or PS95 BUT eversince I switched to K90.. the rest is history.. My killer shots are both 1hbh & FH.. I hit so many winner of the returns as well as the baseline.. I use to come to the net alot but eversince I switched to K90.. I don't have to..

K90 setup with ALU BB Rough 16L 50lb main, & 48lb cross.. it's awesomeee..

Tour 90
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
n90/ps tour 90 will always be my favorites

kingdaddy41788
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I'll let you know after I get my birthday presents - PS85 and PC600

grass_hopper
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Love the K6.1 95. some times newer is best!!

iksmols
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Avery M3 Control.Stable,potent and easy to handle despite its mass.

flashestennis08
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
head ti.classic all the way

shojun25
04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
i still don't have one... so far, my O3 tour is winning though.

Tour 90
04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I'll let you know after I get my birthday presents - PS85 and PC600

I laughed at that, your in men's opens and you still get racquets for your birthday! No offence, just amusing is all :D

dr_punk
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Right now, my near-perfect stick is the PS 85 6.0. It's not something that I absolutely adore and treats me right, it expects too much of me and i'm willingly obliged to give just that. It's my coach, and hopefully after 2 yrs or so, i'll move into the serious racquet hunting with the refined strokes that the PS helped me obtain.

LarougeNY
04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Right now its an old dunlop that looks alot like the PS 85, has like an 85-90 in. head, and weighs like 13 ounces (but its extremely headlight), also has really old gut in it so the tensions probably low fifties to high forties, plays like a charm. So much spin, so much control, such a heavy ball hit. Would use it, but I have to use a realistic racket during our school tennis season.

tlm
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Yonex rds 002 tour ultralight, by far the best racquet i have ever used.Great feel+ comfort, sic topspin+ great controllable power!!

Simon Brown
04-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Head Radical OS - any version. Drifted into trying the original Bumblebee just to see what Agassi got out of it and have never been able to drift away again, despite previously swearing I would never play with an oversize and trying lots of other frames since. The new versions are a bit lighter but some lead fixes them right up. My topspin forehand doesn't seem to work properly with anything else now - it's totally attuned to the Radical OS. Soft on the arm, lots of control, plenty of power. They're awesome and I hope they keep them going now Agassi has retired.