View Full Version : Volkl DNX V1 Now Availible on TW

Jonnyf
06-30-2005, 02:42 AM
the Volkl DNX V1 is now on TW home site
here's the link
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCVOLKL-VDNXV1.html

Morpheus
06-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Looks like a knock off of the VI anniversary edition for an extra $20 bucks.

southpaw37
06-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Has anyone actually hit this thing?

Jonnyf
06-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Has anyone actually hit this thing?
There's a thread about this and i believe NoBadMojo has extensively hit with one

southpaw37
06-30-2005, 05:49 AM
I started a thread about a week ago on this topic which NBM replied to and although he was aware of it, he said he had a friend who hit with it, but no first hand accounts. A search of the forum didn't return anyone who's hit with it. Trying to get a comparison between this and the APD.

Proud Pusher
06-30-2005, 06:01 AM
I would also like to hear from ANYONE who has hit with the DNX.

Thanks, Ken

tom4ny
06-30-2005, 07:31 AM
it's priced at the same level they have sold other V1 editions. anyhoo, i preordered a MP version today for fun. it may be a few weeks b4 i get it but will hit with it as ssson as i get a chance.

regards.

raftermania
06-30-2005, 07:38 AM
TW employee jonnyf! Thanks for the heads up.

rovision
06-30-2005, 08:30 AM
I started a thread about a week ago on this topic which NBM replied to and although he was aware of it, he said he had a friend who hit with it, but no first hand accounts. A search of the forum didn't return anyone who's hit with it. Trying to get a comparison between this and the APD.

I did a test on APD, you can find it somewhere in this forum or at the APD customer reviews, compared to my QV1. Very similar in play for me, except I had better results on serves with my QV1. I have a feeling this new DNX is just another iteration on the V1 Classic, QV1, or whatever else in this range. Another paint job and some gimmic DNX, plus an extra $20. Maybe the feeling will be slightly different, but the specs are pretty much the same accross these models.

NoBadMojo
06-30-2005, 08:49 AM
i've one of these in MP and will post something when i get her strung up and taken out for a good long dance.
just because the specs are similar means nothng. i think volkl was wise to keep the specs about the same since the V1 has been a very good frame for a number of years for almost any ability level, and makes a very customizable platform. i dont think beefing up 3 and 9 and the grip collar with a new material is a gimmick at all because those are pretty useful places to do that, and i suspect doing that will make this frame a bit more punchy, but what matters is how the thing plays. it's kind of like a PWS thing but <looks> like the weight is more broadly distributed, which i think is a good thing. it also has a new grip (no holes) and really great cosmetics. i think it may be priced at the same level as the CatV1..

rovision
06-30-2005, 09:16 AM
So far we can only speculate on how this frame plays, yes, if DNX means a "beefed-up" 3/9 you can expect more stability. I had/have no problems with my current QV1 in terms of stability, more so after leading at 3/9. Looks good though.

aidenous
06-30-2005, 09:28 AM
I don't know what's up but I just heard from a local shop who got a call that the DNX has been delayed due to a problem they found in manufacturing. They said late July so if some have already been shipped I don't know if they will be recalled.

NoBadMojo
06-30-2005, 10:26 AM
i've posted on this earlier. it is my understanding the DNX MP has been delayed 4-6 weeks so that means aug1-aug 15 roughly. i understand the OS version is ready on time. new product delays are common.

Jonnyf
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
TW employee jonnyf! Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks Raftermania hey they better pay me 50/50 money/equipment

There's a thread about this and i believe NoBadMojo has extensively hit with one

Sorry NoBadMojo thought you had hit with one my mistake and hope to hear what the DNX plays like

raftermania
06-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Look at the small print of your TW contract jonnyf, it's 50/50, ice cream/7-up.

Jonnyf
07-01-2005, 02:24 AM
hey lol sorry guys i just saw TW actually posted this first d'oh oh well Raftermania are you gonna send me the ice cream/7 up combo

raftermania
07-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Yo Jonnyf, I went to my local post office with a tub of vanilla ice cream and a 24 case of 7-up. They told me they can't ship ice cream and 7-up, so I got in a heated argument with them until they pulled the shotgun out - at that point I dropped the goodies and bolted out of there. Bolted out of there FAST.

Jonnyf
07-02-2005, 03:05 AM
lol noooooo my payment i'm gonna fly over there and GET IT.

Nah can't b 4SS'd

Raftermania in NY nxt month sent it then