PDA

View Full Version : Big Hitter Blue and Silver Difference?

ace_it_96
06-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Is there a difference between big hitter blue and silver? Doesn't seem like it based on the description. How durable are they? I broke Gamma TNT in a couple weeks so how long do you think the big hitter would last? And how's it in a fullbed vs a softer multi like technifibre biphase?

Backhanded Compliment
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
I havent used Blue but Silver is a bit crisper and apparently has more control for flat/big hitters with a little less spin potential (but it is still very spinny).

fortun8son
06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Blue has more power, Silver has more control.
They are copolys so there is no real comparison to TNT, which is a solidcore, multi wrap, irradiated nylon.

DrpShot!
06-30-2011, 07:48 AM
I don't think Tfibre Biphase is really all that soft for a multi either. Biphase comes closer to a poly feel NRG2, but a full bed of any poly will be a different animal.

ace_it_96
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I think I'll try blue in fullbed because biphase is pretty expensive and I don't love hybrid set ups

fortun8son
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Everyone seems to like the BH Rough better than the smooth.
I use BHBR17 for hybrid and full bed.

ace_it_96
07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
how's the fullbed feel?

Backhanded Compliment
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Im using a full bed on my YTPP and it is nice... not harsh on the elbow but very precise with lovely bite. It inspires me to really whip it and go for my shots. This enhances the essential characteristics of the YTPP racket as well.

nikkhasnis
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
how's the fullbed feel?

I use a full bed on a Dunlop 4d 300 T (57lbs) and it feels great. Nice feel, no elbow issue (i just under went PT for 2 months on my elbow). Makes a nice sound, good (if not great) spin and the control is not bad either.

I started with Lux Big Banger Rough, then SPSS, MSV Hex and now this. This is by far the best out of the 4. All were full beds at about the same tension.

JLyon
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Silver has a nice crisp feel, but 17g only lasts 2-3 hrs in a full set and maybe 4 hrs in a hybrid as a main. Very disappointed in durability but feel is very nice.

Backhanded Compliment
07-01-2011, 12:02 PM
^^durability has been better for me than a mere 4 hours... I have at least 6 on it already and I suspect that it will make it to 10.

Though it does break in just a tad at first.... if you love that initial feeling I can see what you are talking about. I prefer it broken in personally.

flashfire276
07-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Silver has a nice crisp feel, but 17g only lasts 2-3 hrs in a full set and maybe 4 hrs in a hybrid as a main. Very disappointed in durability but feel is very nice.

Really? I find Silver to last about 6 or 7 hours in a full bed, and a bit longer than Blue. BHB was softer and and powerful, but string life was shorter than Silver.

Alzer
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I have full bed of BHBR in my TGK PP, I'm very impressed. Whilst I never have elbow problems I do get a sore shoulder after playing. With this string I still get sore but not as bad as a LUX hybrid.

Cant fault this string other than the colour ;)

ace_it_96
07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
All right these reviews are very encouraging. I'll be getting a stringer by the end of the summer and I think I'm gonna by a set of BHBR, Solinico Tour Bite, Kirschbaum Pro Line II and Babolat PHT and RPM and see which I like best

JLyon
07-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Really? I find Silver to last about 6 or 7 hours in a full bed, and a bit longer than Blue. BHB was softer and and powerful, but string life was shorter than Silver.

I am surprised as well heard how well durability was on the string but I have strung full beds in my Aerogel 100's and EXO3 Graphite 93's and both broke quick. Did not realize I was that big of a hitter.
So the durability is the only thing I did not like.

acer4tennis
07-07-2011, 06:52 AM
BHB are great string. Great combo in power, comfort and feel.
I personally like silver better.

hebrewhammer
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I am surprised as well heard how well durability was on the string but I have strung full beds in my Aerogel 100's and EXO3 Graphite 93's and both broke quick. Did not realize I was that big of a hitter.
So the durability is the only thing I did not like.

Agreed. Really great string, not great durability. That was my problem with ALU. Lasted less than 4 hrs. But if the OP is breaking TNT in a couple weeks, then a poly would obviously last longer