PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Racquet advice - wanting to get better!!

danlalane
06-30-2005, 08:45 AM
I started playing tennis about 4.5 years ago. I have been using the Wilson Surge 5.1 for a few years and I have been thinking about changing racquets. Recently, while playing one of my frames shattered which expedited my search. I am a 4.0 level player who hits hard (6'4" 200lbs). I liked the surge but feel it lacks control. Pros and guys I hit with suggested I go away from my tweener raquet and try a players racquet. I am in the process of demoing three racquets. The Prince 03, the Head Radical Flexpoint Tour, and the Wilson Ncode six-one 95. I am not crazy about the first two, I think they are a bit too light and don't offer much pop. I like the ncode, but am afraid it may be hard to control. When playing a match with it last night I had a hard time keeping some short balls down. Perhaps I just need to get used to it. So my questions are this: 1.) Is there another raquet I should try? 2.) Will the Ncode be a good racquet for me and it will just take some getting used to?

theace21
06-30-2005, 09:03 AM
You are doing the right thing. Keep trying out rackets. Some rackets take time to adjust to. Good Luck!