PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Multi!

Blackkitty
07-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey so I play with a Dunlop biomimetic 300T and I usually string an average setup with ALU Power in the mains and PSG in the crosses. My reals of both of these strings are running low. I have the Dunlop Dsquad deal and I think I will switch to Black Widow (unless someone says that the multis from Dunlop are great). But I have the question of the crosses. I have tried full poly but I don't like it, I am staying with the hybrid.

So here is the issue. I string my own rackets so I need a new real of string. PSG is a cheap inexpensive string and I think I can do better. I play alot and I can definitely benefit from the use of a better string. What multi that comes in a reel would you guys recommend? It can't be very expensive I think 100-150$ for your average 660 reel would be just about right.

Up&comer
07-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Babolat addiction is one of my favorites.

mikeler
07-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Try Dunlop Hexy Fiber since you have that connection already. It is a very spinny multi that offer average control.

rp42195
07-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I am in favor of Babolat Addiction too.

mikeler
07-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Multifeel is very good and fits in your price range I think.

Blackkitty
07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Try Dunlop Hexy Fiber since you have that connection already. It is a very spinny multi that offer average control.
I've thought about that, but do you think that it's worth staying with ALU Power instead of switching to Black Widow?

BU Bearcat
07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
i really enjoyed what Head RIP Control had to offer

mikeler
07-03-2011, 03:30 AM
I've thought about that, but do you think that it's worth staying with ALU Power instead of switching to Black Widow?

Black Widow did not work for me at low tensions. Perhaps at a higher tension my experience with it would have been better. If I could get both those strings free, I would start there and play around with tensions to see if I could make it work.

BU Bearcat
07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
mikeler what is the most durable multi in ur opinion?

BigT
07-03-2011, 12:20 PM
RIP Control is the longest lasting multi I have used.

mikeler
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM
mikeler what is the most durable multi in ur opinion?

I think it depends on the player. RIP Control seemed very durable but I cut it out before breakage. I've gotten good durability out of Maxim Touch and Xcel to breakage, but others have not.

Bugs
07-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I had been stringing a friends racquet with a number of different multi's (full bed). The last one we tried was Solinco Tru-Feel. He just loves it. Durability is good also.

fortun8son
07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Dunlop Comfort Synthetic was a great multi ( used to be called Comfort Max), but it's been dropped from the line in the reorganization. It is still available.
Mantis was founded by a former Dunlop bigwig and that is where that string design went.
Mantis Comfort Synthetic is everything the Dunlop was, only better!

Blackkitty
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
So I have decided to go with Black Widow from Dunlop, and start using it when my ALU reel is done. ALU Power was a great string but I burned through the reel and had to restring it almost every other day when I was playing a lot. I think the addition of a textured poly would help my game.

Now its on to the question of the hybrid with the multi. I figured I'd try out a few sets of different Multis. I think i'll try 4 different sets within my price range (100-150 or maybe a little more) and choose a reel from there.

Tecnifibre Multifeel looks great and is a great price so I will definitely try it.

I need 3 more options for different Multi sets.

Blackkitty
07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
^100-180 for a reel

brownbearfalling
07-05-2011, 03:29 AM
One more vote for Dunlop hexy fiber. It is a great all around string. It is pretty durable. For $90 retail it is a steal so if you can get it cheaper than that go for it.

mikeler
07-05-2011, 06:01 AM
So I have decided to go with Black Widow from Dunlop, and start using it when my ALU reel is done. ALU Power was a great string but I burned through the reel and had to restring it almost every other day when I was playing a lot. I think the addition of a textured poly would help my game.

Now its on to the question of the hybrid with the multi. I figured I'd try out a few sets of different Multis. I think i'll try 4 different sets within my price range (100-150 or maybe a little more) and choose a reel from there.

Tecnifibre Multifeel looks great and is a great price so I will definitely try it.

I need 3 more options for different Multi sets.

Are you looking to soften up the string bed? Black Widow is already one of the softest polys. I have to use really soft string setups for my elbow, so strings like Xcel and Mantis Comfort Synthetic work great for me.

TennisCJC
07-06-2011, 07:02 AM
In your price range, try Dunlop Comfort on sale for $6 if you buy a dozen sets at TW. Or, Volkl Power Fibre II (search the net) and you can find a reel at the top of your budget. V PF II at TW is a 720' reel but I think you can get lower $ elsewhere. TW may match $ if you call them - they have done this for me in the past. Tecnifibre Multifeel is also very good as someone mentioned above and you may be able to find a reel for the top of your budget. Those 3 are good options for under $10 multis.

10s99
07-07-2011, 05:31 AM
I've used hfgp as a hybrid with polys for quite a while and have had great results. It is less expensive than many multis i'd consider comparable.