PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Ball machine review

soodster
04-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I want to get a ball machine for private use in southern california.

what are your reviews for Silent partner, the lobster and tennis tutor machines

mackadilly
05-11-2004, 12:31 PM
I would also be interested in the review for silent partner.

drakulie
05-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I had a Silent Partner Sport. Totally awesome! Have absoultely no complaints, and was cheaper than the Tutor. Had over four hours of use, held a lot of balls 150+. Easy to transport. Mine had the topsin/backspin, oscillate, etc. the customer service was also outstanding. A+

Crash1211
05-26-2004, 06:03 AM
I agree with the last poster. I own a Silent Partner Sport, and enjoy using it. The battery life is very good. I usually use the machine for around 2-3 hours, and have never had the battery go dead on me. The pro model has a few more bells and whistles than the sport. It has electronic elevation, and a better handle than the sport, but for me the price difference wasn't worth the extras, but you might think it will be. The spin works very well although I find at higher speeds the ball will go past the baseline.
I think top speed is 95mph. The oscillation works it has two speeds slow, and fast. It will give you a work out. I am very happy with my machine. Hope this helps some.

henrikc
03-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a Lobster Elite 1. It's pretty good. I think that the main thing to consider is how much you'll get to use the machine. If you're going to buy it then feel embarrassed to take it down to your local courts and hit with it, you should look into another way of drilling shots.

I am delighted with the improvement I'm getting from my ground strokes and with a little imagination, you can make most of your shots very solid.

MonkeyMuggs
03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I recently purchased a Lobster Grand Slam V LE and am very impressed and happy with it. I did a ton of research and carefully weighed every feature, option on every machine available on the market. The Lobster V LE was the right machine for me. The ability to program and "dial in" the precise shot or shots you want is awesome. The machine is super portable. It weighs even less than I anticipated. I love the handle and wheels. I learned correctly from this forum, that portability was very important, and was consequently one of my chief concerns. I'm super happy with the machines portability.

I've used my V LE 4x for about 8 hours. I've not experienced one ball jam or had any problems with the functions or operation of the machine. Not until after using the machine 3x did I need to charge the battery for the first time. The total random oscillation, programmability and multifunction remote were several of many features/benefits that sold me on this particular Lobster model. The remote works perfectly. Even from the back fence on the opposite side of the court, the remote still works. You don't even have to be pointing the remote at the machine for it to accept the commands. It even works while still in your pocket.

I'm glad I invested the extra money for this "top of the line" portable. There are many good ball machines available from several manufacturers. Good luck in your search. I highly recommend getting a ball machine.

jmjmkim
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Isn't this thread like 6+ years old? I am sure the machines that they are talking about is ancient!

Oh, I get it. . . . a new user who was probably searching "keyword" for ball machine and didn't realize the thread was back from 2004.

MonkeyMuggs
03-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Believe me - while searching/researching and investing in a Tennis Ball Machine....................... any and all information regarding them can be helpfull, usefull and is greatly appreciated.

TampaTennis
03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Not sure what threads you still monitor, I replied to one of your posts under "who has a ball machine" also. Did you buy your V LE directly from Lobster? Can you negotiate the price with them at all?

TennisBallMachineFun
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Can you negotiate the price with them at all?

yes it is possible, if you want to buy Lobster GS5LE i can help y get better deal.

matt.flynn60
03-31-2011, 04:38 AM
yes it is possible, if you want to buy Lobster GS5LE i can help y get better deal.

How can you work a better deal?

tpotter
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
not sure what kind of deal tennisballmachinefun is referring to...lobster does have an GSLE demo for sale right now...you can call us on that.

fildam
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Matt,

If you want a good deal on a brand new ball machine with programmable drills, a top speed of 95mph, a 22 buttons remote control and plenty more options you should look at the Silent Partner Smart. You can get that machine directly from the manufacturer with a $500 discount for a grand total of $1,799.

I do not think you can find anything better on the market at this time, unless their competitors start to offer serious discounts and the best part is that you can watch a video of this machine in action on their website, it can produce amazing high lobs..

Good luck.

TennisBallMachineFun
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
if you recommend Silent Partner i would also recommend to check SAM P4!

SAM looks more professional and heavy duty. Programm that can set up with Silent Partner it not really usefull.

To do really usefull drill you can do only with Lobster GS5LE
High Lob you can set up from remote control or from control board only with Lobster also!

I would recommend to check all details before make a decision.

beernutz
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM

SAM looks more professional and heavy duty. Programm that can set up with Silent Partner it not really usefull.

High Lob you can set up from remote control or from control board only with Lobster also!

I own a Silent Partner and I've seen Sam machines and I don't think Sam machines's look any more professional and heavy duty than SP machines.

Have you have actually seen in person both the Sam P4 and the Silent Partner Smart?

beernutz
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM

It sure looks like both the remote control and control board on the Smart can do high lobs: http://www.sptennis.com/SmartChoice.asp

It also looks like you don't know what you're talking about. Given that you've already tried to sell Lobster machines in this thread I am getting a whiff of spam in the air.

MonkeyMuggs
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
TampaTennis - sorry it's taken me a couple of days to respond.

Why the VLE? Because I wanted a machine with all the bells and whistles, and one that offered the maximum ability to program the precise/specific shots and drills I wanted. It took quite a bit of research to determine which machine would provide and allow me the widest range of "program"ability and freedom. For me, since I was already spending "X" amount of $$, it made sense to spend the extra and get what I thought and felt to be the very best machine available. The one that offered the widest range of features and benefits. It may be "in my head", although I don't think so, but I feel that the quality of Lobster parts/components are superior. It makes sense, because their warranty is double their competitors. Lobster has also been in the business and making machines longer than anyone else.

It took several phone calls with specific detailed questions to each manufacturer to really find out and determine what these machines could/would do. I was very impressed with the technicians and engineers at Lobster. I felt comfortable that their machine and software could/would actually do what they claimed it would do, and after getting and using the machine for some time now, the VLE has done and performed everything and more they claimed it would. This ball machine is amazing. I'm very happy with my purchase. There are others who chose different machines that I'm sure are just as happy with their purchases. I had a very specific set of needs/wants and found the right machine for me. Good Luck. Get a Ball Machine. You'll be glad you did.

TennisBallMachineFun
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
It sure looks like both the remote control and control board on the Smart can do high lobs: http://www.sptennis.com/SmartChoice.asp

It also looks like you don't know what you're talking about. Given that you've already tried to sell Lobster machines in this thread I am getting a whiff of spam in the air.

open manual and find out how you can get LOB with Silent Partner?! after we will see who smeal SPAM on these topic ;-)

TennisBallMachineFun
04-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I own a Silent Partner and I've seen Sam machines and I don't think Sam machines's look any more professional and heavy duty than SP machines.

Have you have actually seen in person both the Sam P4 and the Silent Partner Smart?

Try LOBSTER GS5LE and after tell me your impression about it and try to compare with SP! it would be interesting!

I do not know how long you use SP but i know about SAM P4 heavy duty, because i use it already 3 years!!!

i own Lobster LE for programming porpose!

My opinion - SP waste of money because programs that y can set up useless that is why they give discount 500$ to start compete with SAM P4!
SP can not compete with Lobster, specially with SP pure design ;-) or maybe you like how it looks?
SAM P4 designed for commercial use and all parts and system inside is really heavy duty.
Usefull programs can do only Lobster LE or Super Coach ball machines...
all other just trying to confuse people...

when i see SP i get impression that it is weak copy of Lobster not more... This is my personal opinion!

sasha
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Try LOBSTER GS5LE and after tell me your impression about it and try to compare with SP! it would be interesting!

I do not know how long you use SP but i know about SAM P4 heavy duty, because i use it already 3 years!!!

My opinion - SP waste of money because programs that y can set up useless that is why they give discount 500$ to start compete with SAM P4!
SP can not compete with Lobster, specially with SP pure design ;-) or maybe you like how it looks?
SAM P4 designed for commercial use and all parts and system inside is really heavy duty.

when i see SP i get impression that it is weak copy of Lobster not more... This is my personal opinion!

I dont think you ever used SP machine, because your statement is not true and is on the border of nonsense. It sounds more like you are trying to justify extra money you spend on lobster.

beernutz
04-02-2011, 05:58 PM

The LOBSTER GS5LE machine is not even described on the lobster.com website. You obviously are just some illiterate spammer trying to sell your machines without buying ad space and I won't waste any more time on you.

TennisBallMachineFun
04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
I dont think you ever used SP machine, because your statement is not true and is on the border of nonsense. It sounds more like you are trying to justify extra money you spend on lobster.

It sounds you do not have money to pay for original ball machine ;-)

so it is better you write honestly, that you have no money to buy Lobster and that is why as alternative you recommend to buy SP, because it was copied 100% from Lobster!

TennisBallMachineFun
04-07-2011, 08:24 AM
The LOBSTER GS5LE machine is not even described on the lobster.com website. You obviously are just some illiterate spammer trying to sell your machines without buying ad space and I won't waste any more time on you.

It looks like you are spamer trying to make advertising for SP! but people who really understand what is quality goods never choose copies.

web-site you mentioned do not have any information regarding ball machines at all...

SlapChop
04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I had an SAM machine for 2 days before I sent it back. That was the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. It shot balls all over the place. I could never get it to put a ball that would land in at a decent pace. Very inconsistent. Only good thing was that I was able to return it for a complete refund minus the 50 dollars shipping to send it back.

I was looking at the lobster if I decide to purchase another machine.

ATP100
04-07-2011, 12:45 PM
One of the most important things you can do, use new balls when learning how to use a ball machine. Penn or gamma pressure less balls will work good.

SlapChop
04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I bought all new balls since it was a new machine. I read the manual and was on the phone with their tech support.

TennisBallMachineFun
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I had an SAM machine for 2 days before I sent it back. That was the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. It shot balls all over the place. I could never get it to put a ball that would land in at a decent pace. Very inconsistent. Only good thing was that I was able to return it for a complete refund minus the 50 dollars shipping to send it back.

I was looking at the lobster if I decide to purchase another machine.

can you provide serial number of your machine?

i would like to contact Master Sports and check if it is true or you just spam?

I never ever hear like these complain regarding SAM. I know at least more than 15 friends who use it.

For very inconsistent shots could effect wind and different preassure of balls.
If you use good balls and no wind and have same problem still, maybe you are the one unique customer who got these unique issue!

beernutz
04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
It looks like you are spamer trying to make advertising for SP! but people who really understand what is quality goods never choose copies.

web-site you mentioned do not have any information regarding ball machines at all...
lobsterinc.com you twit and it DOESN'T have any information on the GS5LE.
Go away spammer.

Toshi
04-12-2011, 12:21 PM
lobsterinc.com you twit and it DOESN'T have any information on the GS5LE.
Go away spammer.

Are you looking for this info?
http://www.lobsterinc.com/products/el05%20le.htm

Lobster machines do look much nicer than my SP machine...