PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive Team - Re-launch in 2012?

richsox
07-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi TW,

Do you guys get any feedback on the demand of this racket (3rd generation Pure Drive)?

I know there is a cult following for it (I am one of them and would dearly love to get my hands on a new 3rd generation PD Team Grip 3), and I wonder if Babolat would ever re-launch it, as I am sure that they would sell a ton of them!

Have you ever had the conversation with your Babolat reps?

My hunt goes on in the meantime. I never buy 2nd hand rackets by the way, but I know some are available in the used market.

By the way, I asked Babolat Europe this question, and the answer I got was if I gave them a big enough size order (very minimum 500 rackets), they "might" consider it. I think this was there way of saying no to little ol Joe Public me, but perhaps the "might" of a global powerhouse distributor like TW would get a different reply - worth a try?? Amd I am sure you guys would easuly shift 500 of them.......

let me kow what you decide please ;-)

Thanks

Rich

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
07-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Doubt it... But if they did remake the PD Teams, I would probably sell my car and buy 80 of them; there is nothing like them around!

richsox
07-05-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm with you all the way...........shame that these manufacturers feel the need to change something that's already a Big Hit, and in excellent form as is........kevlar/Graphie mix, is undeniabbly acknowledged as a great composite, so why add a rinky dinky plastic strip and call it cortex, and change the composite material to Graphite/Tungsten...........?????????

MagicMT
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
only 500? that should be really easy to do. make it happen TW! btw, i have five 3rd gen pure drive teams. :)

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
07-05-2011, 07:17 PM
only 500? that should be really easy to do. make it happen TW! btw, i have five 3rd gen pure drive teams. :)

Do you happen to have any in 27.5", and 4-3/8 grip size? I've wanted to replace the one I broke for the longest time. :(

cnr1guy
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd buy 3-4 of them if they rereleased them

MagicMT
07-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Do you happen to have any in 27.5", and 4-3/8 grip size? I've wanted to replace the one I broke for the longest time. :(

i have 2 of exactly those that i just got over the weekend from these forums. they are pretty hard to find, but not impossible. it took me several months of actively looking. good luck!

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
i have 2 of exactly those that i just got over the weekend from these forums. they are pretty hard to find, but not impossible. it took me several months of actively looking. good luck!

Grr, I SAW those on sale on the forum the other day, but it was already sold! I guess you're the lucky one who got them! It's like a unicorn for me at this point, lol.

richsox
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd pay good money if I could put my hands on a new one - what a treasure that would be to find!

You know someone out there somewhere probably has one laying around in their closet, but just doen't realise the money it could get

TopspinAce
12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
If you had to choose a better Racket for you,

Aero Pro Drive GT
or
Pure Drive GT

jorel
12-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm with you all the way...........shame that these manufacturers feel the need to change something that's already a Big Hit, and in excellent form as is........kevlar/Graphie mix, is undeniabbly acknowledged as a great composite, so why add a rinky dinky plastic strip and call it cortex, and change the composite material to Graphite/Tungsten...........?????????
cuz its cheaper....take a look at the new/old slaz