PDA

View Full Version : head shape/size of pt 630 vs. lm radical mp

beanieweenie
06-30-2005, 04:38 PM
need some expert opinion. is the pt 630 head shape and size exactly the same, similar, or completely different from the lm radical mp. i grew up with the pt 280 but after several moves have lost and eventually moved on to lm radicals with lots of lead. have a chance to get a pair of 630s cheap, but forgot what the head shapes look like compared to the lm rads.

also what are peoples experiences of changing the CAPs on the 630 to regular bumper guards/grommets? just had shoulder surgery. what are the best grommet replacements to use on the 630? the lm radical mp grommest or the i.radical?

string tension. i use 68 on the lm radical mp, but notice alot string in the 50s that have 280/630s on this board. do i have to adjust tension for the 630 or stay the same?

kinsella
07-01-2005, 08:56 AM
The LM Radical grommet sets should fit the 630. I am not 100% positive and you may need a little surgery on the grommet strips. I have laid my 280s and LM Rads on top of each other they appear the same.

Ed Lee
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
How would the change from CAP to regular grommets effect the weight/balance and play of the PT 630?

Thanks!

kinsella
07-04-2005, 05:34 AM
The CAPs wiegh a lot more than regular grommets. About 12-13 grams more -- almost half an ounce and all of it on the head. I don't know how it would play, but when I replaced CAPs on an LM Prestige MP with regular (Radical MP) grommets, it totally sucked. I was not able replicate the CAP weight distribution easily with lead tape, so I just put the CAPs back. The PT 280 is already a load, without CAPs.

Good luck.