PDA

View Full Version : looking for a syngut cross

dozu
07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
frame is DNX10 mid... mains are Bab Tonic @57.

I have used the Ashaway Liberty Nylon cross for years, worked well with my old frame the T10 mid.

However the DNX10's hoop is stiffer, and doesn't feel like it's "in sync" with the soft gut/nylon combo.

I have tried some poly crosses, they just go dead too fast..... so I wonna try a syngut, that is durable, holds tension well, crisp, but not very stretchy.

OGSM comes to mind.... any other suggestions?

FedExpress 333
07-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Wilson Stamina is very crisp, and it holds tensio reallly well.

Doubles
07-03-2011, 11:40 AM
frame is DNX10 mid... mains are Bab Tonic @57.

I have used the Ashaway Liberty Nylon cross for years, worked well with my old frame the T10 mid.

However the DNX10's hoop is stiffer, and doesn't feel like it's "in sync" with the soft gut/nylon combo.

I have tried some poly crosses, they just go dead too fast..... so I wonna try a syngut, that is durable, holds tension well, crisp, but not very stretchy.

OGSM comes to mind.... any other suggestions?

PSGD and Prince Syn Gut Multi both come to mind...

Power Player
07-03-2011, 12:24 PM
OGSM/Wilson Stamina and POSG are my favorites. I currently have OGSM with Black Magic and I like it a lot. Wilson Stamina is also awesome.

10ACE
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I really like the prince duraflex synthetic gut comes in great colors and its cheap. And plays great I find, holds it's tension well too. Better then Gosen OG sheep which I like too