PDA

View Full Version : Need help with grips

akj27
06-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I recently bought a babolat grip. It's really confortable, but, I sweat a lot when playing, and the grip gets too slippery, I have a tournament July 6th, and i need to replace it asap, with one that is not as slippery. Any suggestions?

lookitstrevor
06-30-2005, 05:49 PM
you could tourna grip overgrips, cheap but not durable, but the absolute best for sweaty plams.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-TGR10P.html

akj27
06-30-2005, 06:21 PM
does that go over the grip im using or should i remove it first

Lakoste
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
well is your babolat grip an overgrip or replacment grip?

lookitstrevor
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
it goes over the current grip on your racquet. I take it that you bought a Babolat replacement grip, that means you took the original frip off of your racquet and put the new babolat replacement grip over the handle.

if you bought a babolat overgrip, I'd suggest trying some sort of absorbant grip.tourna grip is great for sweaty palms.

btw, the overgrip goes over your current grip. i hope this is clear, its kind of hard to explain.

akj27
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
its this
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BATG.html

that grip is horrible.

Btw, is it easy to apply? the overgrip

Lakoste
06-30-2005, 10:52 PM
yea you just wrap the overgrip over the babolat grip you already put on, its pretty easy and theres a bunch of threads about putting it on if you get confused

lookitstrevor
07-01-2005, 05:13 AM
and remember, the part that the plastic peels off of goes on the outside, that was my first mistake.

Gaines Hillix
07-01-2005, 05:53 AM
IMO, the best OGs are the Yonex Super Grap and Wilson Pro. You can't make a mistake with these because there's a sticky spot on one side on the butt cap end that goes on the racquet to hold it in place while you're applying it.

lookitstrevor
07-01-2005, 09:42 AM
are the Yonex super graps good if you sweat a lot too? i really want to try them, but i thought over grips like that were not good when you sweat.

doriancito
07-01-2005, 09:56 AM
listen to me very closely! i have tried hundreds of grips! babolat grips are good in durability but not very durable they are a 8/10 in durability but they are thick
prince grips are another 8/10 in durability but are very slipery they dont absorb sweat. Head grips suck big time even im saying it cause im a huge head fan but whats true its true. Gamma grips are not very durable but are good id say in durability a 7/10. the tourna grips is very gripy and i was a huge fan for a while but its not very durable until i treid this grip! http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-PRO10.html this is the grip federer uses and i know why cause its durable and very grippy and can adjust the thickness very easly! try it!!!!!!

krnboijunsung
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=doriancito]listen to me very closely! i have tried hundreds of grips! babolat grips are good in durability but not very durable[QUOTE]

A wha? They're good in durability but not very durable? I'm confused.

Anyways, tournagrip is a great grip for sweating hands, except they don't last that long. About a week will do until it starts tearing.

The Wilson Pro Overgrip is the one i use. It's real tacky in the beginning of use, but once it absorbs some sweat, it gets softer and it feels good.

Feels GOOD.

Gary Britt
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
this is the grip federer uses and i know why

That's not the real overgrip Federer uses. Federer uses a paintjob overgrip!!! ;)

Gary Britt

akj27
07-01-2005, 10:58 PM
well i bought it*

*tournagrip

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-TGR10P.html

is that good for one racquet only?

lookitstrevor
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
i play nearly everyday, and when i used the tournagrips they leasted about a week for each grip. it depens on how you like them, but i think it'll last a while. especially on one racquet.

Return_Ace
07-04-2005, 01:54 PM
A wha? They're good in durability but not very durable? I'm confused.

He means whilst bab grips are durable they're not THAT durable.............

That's not the real overgrip Federer uses. Federer uses a paintjob overgrip!!!

hahaha, that made me chuckle :D

-------------------------------
Personally I like the Technifibre Players Wrap, lasts like forever, and still remains slightly tacky.................problem is it comes in white or yellow, both stain pretty easily.............