PDA

View Full Version : Spin friendly string that holds tension

nosnaws
07-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Like the title says im looking for a string to help with my top spin that will also hold its tension, Iv looked into poly's but I hear they die pretty fast, I play about 3 times a week for about 3 to 4 months of the year, looking for somthing to last that long.

usta2050
07-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Like the title says im looking for a string to help with my top spin that will also hold its tension, Iv looked into poly's but I hear they die pretty fast, I play about 3 times a week for about 3 to 4 months of the year, looking for somthing to last that long.

try djokovic's string?

Up&comer
07-04-2011, 05:50 AM
If you don't break strings, then get some natutal gut. It holds tension well and plays well until it breaks.

smirker
07-04-2011, 06:22 AM

Head RIP Control.

Backhanded Compliment
07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Super dead syn gut might work... get something like 16g gamma syn gut strung 5 lbs higher than you normally would ... it will have a moment of being too powerful after say 10 hrs but by 15-20 hrs in it will become dead and nice again till it breaks. I have some extra rackets I bring just in case someone breaks a string and Im always surprised at how playable a 1 year old syn string job can be. For competition sake it lacks the spin I want but for summer fun hitting... its a good choice