PDA

View Full Version : Strings good for arm?

tennis_ally2009
07-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I have no clue about strings , it is not my strong point. Is poly better for your arm ? I want to get big banger ace 18 because they're good for the blx blade , but I have had BAD TE so I have to be sure . Thanks ! :)

scotus
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I have no clue about strings , it is not my strong point. Is poly better for your arm ? I want to get big banger ace 18 because they're good for the blx blade , but I have had BAD TE so I have to be sure . Thanks ! :)

Better than what? Better than Kevlar strung at high tension? Yes.

But if you want something good for the arm, move away from the polys.

You want to look into:

* synthetic gut,
* better yet, multis,
* and the ultimate in arm comfort--natural gut.

tennis_ally2009
07-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Better than what? Better than Kevlar strung at high tension? Yes.

But if you want something good for the arm, move away from the polys.

You want to look into:

* synthetic gut,
* better yet, multis,
* and the ultimate in arm comfort--natural gut.

Thanks very much :)

MLB_MOB
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
or you could try a hybrid if your arm could take it

Keifers
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
If you've had elbow problems, please, please stay away from poly and poly hybrids. Why risk long term injury? It's simply not worth it.

fuzz nation
07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
If you've had elbow problems, please, please stay away from poly and poly hybrids. Why risk long term injury? It's simply not worth it.

Keifers has done it again... and even said please not once, but twice.

+1 to what he said.

Tennis Is Magic
07-05-2011, 06:21 PM

APDGT with Revenge is no pillow, my friend. I would try a hybrid first, just because gut/multi in that racquet is going to launch balls farther than NASA launches space shuttles. If you still have arm discomfort, you can go for a lower powered multi.

Ronaldo
07-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Search for Gamma Edge. Great for an arm, a bionic arm.

Live Wire VS
07-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Prince Original Synthetic Gut, hands down! It's good for your money and has reasonable durability.