PDA

View Full Version : babolat revenge, good or bad?

Nina-Sky
07-05-2011, 02:04 PM
i just got my racket stringed with:

babolat revenge (red color) 125/17 on mains 48lbs
babolat synthetic gut (white color) 130/16 on crosses 53lbs

for 250 swedish kr (39.25 dollar)

is this strings good or bad?

cons and pros?

kchau
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
its not a matter of whether they are good or bad.

do you like them?

if you like them, good
if you do not like them, try something else.

Nina-Sky
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
its not a matter of whether they are good or bad.

do you like them?

if you like them, good
if you do not like them, try something else.
i like them very much, hehe, the sound is very funny, its like a cannon shot, its like when soderling and del potro huge strokes in roland garros :)

BagelMe
07-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I like this string. Good control, feel and pop. Currently have it at 52 on my Prestige Mp

flashfire276
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
It's a lovely string in my opinion. It's also my favorite string!
The reason why I emphasized opinion is that it's all up to you. There's so many people that complain that this string is stiff, or how it's not a spin monster. Yes, it is measured the stiffest string on the TWU charts. However, I learned that if you let the string bed sit around for a day after being strung, it softens up REALLY nice! And it won't get as much spin as PHT because it's not rigged, but it gets nice spin for a standard shaped co-poly. Power is amazing, and it has great precision to keep that ball in. I found that the life of Revenge was a bit longer than other polys I tried (got about 8 hours with Revenge, vs. 5 or 6 with most other polys I tried).
What I don't like about it? It's super expensive. But that's the ONLY downside I can think of.

So if you like it, then it's good! If you don't, it's bad.

got spin?
07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
I tested this string last summer, (Im a huge Babolat string fan) and it seemed to be alot stiffer than others. Not as much spin as RPM or PHT but a good string as long as you hybrid with a multi

Boricua
07-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I tested this string last summer, (Im a huge Babolat string fan) and it seemed to be alot stiffer than others. Not as much spin as RPM or PHT but a good string as long as you hybrid with a multi

I softened it up with gut crosses once and felt great, Maybe will try a multi like MCS or NRG2 as a cross. Never tried in a full bed.

Boricua
07-08-2011, 06:26 AM
The reason why I emphasized opinion is that it's all up to you. There's so many people that complain that this string is stiff, or how it's not a spin monster. Yes, it is measured the stiffest string on the TWU charts. However, I learned that if you let the string bed sit around for a day after being strung, it softens up REALLY nice! And it won't get as much spin as PHT because it's not rigged, but it gets nice spin for a standard shaped co-poly. Power is amazing, and it has great precision to keep that ball in. I found that the life of Revenge was a bit longer than other polys I tried (got about 8 hours with Revenge, vs. 5 or 6 with most other polys I tried).
What I don't like about it? It's super expensive. But that's the ONLY downside I can think of.

Have you used it full bed or hybrid?

Tennis Is Magic
07-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I would recommend trying this string for yourself. There's a large bias against "stiff" strings, and doubt you'll get a lot of objective comments, though some of the strings I've enjoyed have been the stiffest strings I've used, so not everyone's taste in string is the same. I would like to hear your thoughts on it, as Revenge is one of those strings I've always wanted to try, but the price tag has always pushed me away.

pvaudio
07-08-2011, 09:17 AM

How did you possibly go from Revenge to Black Magic?

flashfire276
07-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Have you used it full bed or hybrid?

Both. I loved it full bed, but it's super expensive! I had to resort using hybrid after because I saved a lot of money.
When I did hybrid, I just used Gosen OG Sheep Micro, because I always use that as my go-to cross string. It was still good, especially because OGSM doesn't really affect the string bed in a hybrid (which is why I use that BTW). But of course, you notice that it's a bit softer, not as much power, and it's not as solid/firm feeling as the full bed. But some people like that!

flashfire276
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
How did you possibly go from Revenge to Black Magic?

Money....
From $16 a set + $10 labor for Revenge? Way too expensive.
Black Magic is $10 a set. So I'm saving pretty big bucks in the long run.

They are very different polys. Black Magic is a much softer string, which is my downside. There's also less spin, and a bit less life compared to Revenge. But what got me stuck to this string is that RAW, PURE feel. Feel of this string is just amazing, as if it's just a natural response to your body. It's not stiff which would kill your elbow. It's not too soft, which makes it feel all damp and loose. But it's just that perfect ratio.
I'll admit, if I can splurge money, I'd definitely use Revenge. But no.... Black Magic is my main string now. And it goes well with my all-black Babolat.