PDA

View Full Version : Which POLY string works better at lower tension than in higher one?

ivo
07-07-2011, 02:57 AM
I would like to string my racquet low ( about 20kg=44 Lbs and less) but all polys I have tried so far were more mushy at lower tensions. And very soft polys ( like for example Genesis Black Magic ) were terrible at low ( lot of vibrations, worse sound, no pocketing, mushy) while quite good at higher.

So can somebody recommend? Poly which is getting more crisp, more powerfull, better sound, pocketing and better overall if you are going down with tension?

Thanks.

Tennis Is Magic
07-07-2011, 03:10 AM
I would like to string my racquet low ( about 20kg=44 Lbs and less) but all polys I have tried so far were more mushy at lower tensions. And very soft polys ( like for example Genesis Black Magic ) were terrible at low ( lot of vibrations, worse sound, no pocketing, mushy) while quite good at higher.

So can somebody recommend? Poly which is getting more crisp, more powerfull, better sound, pocketing and better overall if you are going down with tension?

Thanks.

Crisp string =/= ball pocketing

That being said, MSV Focus HEX pockets the ball fairly well the lower you go. Using the 1.10 gauge in a tweener racquet, it pockets the ball very well at 60, and in a player's racquet, pockets it well at about 50.