PDA

View Full Version : prestige mid plus +strings

seb23
07-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi can anyone tell me how much string is used in the crosses and mains for a liquidmetal prestige mid plus

the reason im asking is that i want to know if i can get two string jobs out of a 12m packet of string

also i was thinking of trying gut strings next time i have my racket strung (not tried them before) but how long would gut strings (say babolat vs team) last compared to your average synthetic gut string, around the same? shorter? longer?

also when i string with synthetic gut i normally have it 2lb less than the poly on the mains, should natural gut be 2lb less than the poly also?

thanks

Tennis Is Magic
07-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Hi can anyone tell me how much string is used in the crosses and mains for a liquidmetal prestige mid plus

the reason im asking is that i want to know if i can get two string jobs out of a 12m packet of string

also i was thinking of trying gut strings next time i have my racket strung (not tried them before) but how long would gut strings (say babolat vs team) last compared to your average synthetic gut string, around the same? shorter? longer?

also when i string with synthetic gut i normally have it 2lb less than the poly on the mains, should natural gut be 2lb less than the poly also?

thanks

You can't string any tennis racquet with half a set of string (6m) unless you use it in a hybrid.

seb23
07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
lol yeah thats what i use, poly on the mains and synthetic gut on the crosses but i normally buy them in 12m packs and want to know when i have my racket strung, will i have enough string left in each packet for another restring as if for example the mains used up 6.4m of string then i obviously wouldnt be able to it again

Tennis Is Magic
07-07-2011, 05:23 AM
lol yeah thats what i use, poly on the mains and synthetic gut on the crosses but i normally buy them in 12m packs and want to know when i have my racket strung, will i have enough string left in each packet for another restring as if for example the mains used up 6.4m of string then i obviously wouldnt be able to it again

Not unless you use the remaining string on the crosses, though you can use 20 feet of poly string on the mains of a closed string pattern if you're very, very careful.

seb23
07-07-2011, 05:36 AM
ok thanks so i should be able to get two string jobs out of what ever i use on the crosses but not on the one i use on the mains

Tennis Is Magic
07-07-2011, 05:38 AM
ok thanks so i should be able to get two string jobs out of what ever i use on the crosses but not on the one i use on the mains

If you use a non-poly string, you can use it in the mains twice because it stretches more. Poly is another thing because it has almost no stretch on the machine when you pull tension, and that requires having a few more tricks up your sleeve.