PDA

View Full Version : Volkl V-feel

parasailing
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I just got a package of this string and looking forward to doing a review on this string. Price is higher than most multis out there with the exception of Xcel Power which is probably the most expensive multi out there.

I haven't tested a multi in quite sometime mainly due to the amazing setup of VS Mains with WC hybrid crosses but hope to string this puppy up to give it a go this weekend.

rofl_copter3
09-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Has anyone tried this string yet???

eidolonshinobi
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Tried it a few weeks ago. Great string, soft with good pop, but nothing special that stands out from say X1 or Excel. Definitely not worth the staple price of 19$.

Bobo96
09-02-2012, 06:13 PM
anyone else try this string

JackB1
09-06-2013, 05:46 AM
just strung up my V1 MP with a full bed of V-Feel at 55.
Will report back soon. I am hoping this multi isn't too powerful, like XOne or NRG.

MikeHitsHard93
09-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Will report back soon. I am hoping this multi isn't too powerful, like XOne or NRG.

It definitely is a more control oriented multi, jack. It is, however, the only multi to give me a very slight case of tennis elbow. Would like to know what you think of it.

Pneumated1
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that this is what was in the V-1 Pro that I demoed some time ago, newly strung on a brand new frame. I thought that it was the perfect compliment for my V-1 Pro.

Get back to us on this one, as I'm debating whether to try this expensive multi or go with a gut/poly hybrid. The hybrid would probably be no more expensive if this multi is not very durable.

Edgewood
09-07-2013, 12:25 PM
I have a buddy who has been using it in his radical mp and loves it. I strung it in my Dunlop 4d 200 at 55 lbs (17g). It was absolutely amazing for the first 3-4 hours. After that it got progressively worse to the point I was playing horrible. After inspecting the strings closely they have these metal coils that help create awesome spin at first but they actually cut into themselves and lock into place. You can't move them without struggling to push them apart. This creates a very harsh feeling making my arm a little sore. I switched to this from poly due to arm soreness. I also suspect a good amount of tension loss. I just played this morning with a fresh string job full bed at 60 lbs. Not nearly as good as the 55 lb set up (while it lasted). I have decided I am going back to Tecnifibre X-One Biphase or NRG2.
BUT like I said my buddy loves it until it breaks.

JackB1
09-10-2013, 05:17 AM
tried full VFeel in my V1 MP and it's OK. Feels very soft and a little mushy. Sometimes it was hard to feel the ball in the stringbed or tell what was going to happen with the shot. I switched to my other racquet with a NXT Tour/ Copoly hybrid and I much preferred the way that felt.

sphinx780
12-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Tried out v-feel in my Melbourne. Will have to get a full review up in my thread. At half price, I like it a lot. At full price, I would pass. It's definitely a control oriented string after the first hit and acts like a very soft poly Imo. The plush feel of a premium multi isn't the best but the mix of power and precision on serves and groundies is excellent.

teekaywhy
12-15-2013, 09:41 AM
I strung up a full bed of v feel in my dunlop AG 4d 200s this summer. I tihnk it was at 55lbs x's and m's. Wasn't too impressed with the spin. feel was good, but nothing exceptional. a little more pop than i was expecting. couple that with the lack of spin and i was sailing forehands over the baseline and couldn't count on my kicker to drop in or kick.
i think there are better choices at better price points than v feel.

sphinx780
12-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I strung up a full bed of v feel in my dunlop AG 4d 200s this summer. I tihnk it was at 55lbs x's and m's. Wasn't too impressed with the spin. feel was good, but nothing exceptional. a little more pop than i was expecting. couple that with the lack of spin and i was sailing forehands over the baseline and couldn't count on my kicker to drop in or kick.
i think there are better choices at better price points than v feel.

How many sessions did you hit? I felt like it needs an hour or two to settle in.

SJSA
12-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Have played about 10 hours and no frays.
Looks like Head Rip Control but better for durability and comfort.

Upsides: Comfort, Durability, Control, No String Movement
Downsides: Little Mushy Feel, Expensive

Now buy 4 & pay for 2 on TW.

JackB1
12-15-2013, 01:14 PM
I found it very mushy and dampened. Would be good in a stiff and crisp feeling frame. In my V1 Mp, was not good.

parasailing
12-17-2013, 01:11 PM
I bought this almost over two years ago and I still haven't strung it up, go figure. There's just too many strings out there to try on top of all the new racquets coming out.