PDA

View Full Version : What shoe should I get?

rafabull
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm currently using the Barricade 6.0's and there are starting to wear out. I'm thinking about just switching to a different shoe but there are so many I'm not sure which ones to try on. I play about 3-6 hours everyday for 5 days a week on hard courts. Here are the qualities I want in a shoe listed by how much I need it.

1. Durability
2. Comfort
3. Lightweight
4. Stability/Support

I've created a poll with ten of the shoes that I was thinking about getting. Please vote on the best fitting one based on the information I gave you. Thanks.

jchl97
07-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Considering the high durability you needed (hours of hard court play everyday), I would recommend the Ballistec 3.3, the Barricade 6.0 and the Propulse 3. If you also want comfort, that rules out the Ballistec, since it's quite a hard and stiff fit. Barricade is a good choice for hard courts while the Propulse also provides good stability/support. Most durable/stable shoes aren't as lightweight, but if durability is your priority, along with comfort, stability and support, Propulse is a well regarded choice. More information check out TW review and try for yourself. (I currently wear the Vapor 8 though)

P.S. how long have you been wearing your Barricade? This may help you decide whether you choose between it and the Propulse :)

slice bh compliment
07-08-2011, 01:24 AM
The Propulse3 is the best feeling shoe ever. That's probably why it's winning this poll by a landslide. It is durable, but I buzz through them when I'm playing 4 or 5 days a week. They have a warranty, if that helps.

Some shoes not on your poll:

I have tried the FILA alfa II. Holds up well.

The Head Insane is solid, too.

I liked the Prince T22 and the Head Prestige shoe is good if you like a firmer shoe.

rafabull
07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Considering the high durability you needed (hours of hard court play everyday), I would recommend the Ballistec 3.3, the Barricade 6.0 and the Propulse 3. If you also want comfort, that rules out the Ballistec, since it's quite a hard and stiff fit. Barricade is a good choice for hard courts while the Propulse also provides good stability/support. Most durable/stable shoes aren't as lightweight, but if durability is your priority, along with comfort, stability and support, Propulse is a well regarded choice. More information check out TW review and try for yourself. (I currently wear the Vapor 8 though)

P.S. how long have you been wearing your Barricade? This may help you decide whether you choose between it and the Propulse :)

I've used my Barricades since February. The toe is starting to tear and my feet have grown so I have to get a new shoe regardless. I suppose comfort would actually be tied or a little higher of a priority for me. Are the Lunar's comfortable as well as durable?

got spin?
07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Breathe Cage 2s. love them.

y12.pats
07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
personally i felt that the vapors were great for speed but lacked a ton in support. didnt really feel like the shoe and foot were one as they did in the 3.3s

MurrayisBEAST
07-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Court Ballistic 3.3.

mrtrinh
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
i would stick with the barricades or go with the 3.3's. Playing that much on hard court im sure you need a durable shoe. I play with the propulse 3's and the durability is decent but nothing great. I went through a pair of shoes in 3 months playing 15 hours a week

2kJosh
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Get the barricades for durability and the propulses for comfort

goosala
07-08-2011, 08:49 PM
The Asics are warranteed now so go for it. They are more comfortable than the Ballistecs or Barricades.

parasailing
07-09-2011, 05:27 AM
So far, Propulse 3s are looking good but time will tell. Currently with Superfeet green insoles, they offer a wide toe box, low to ground feel, great traction, and good lateral support. Only issue is the less than idea cushion in the forefoot.

Standstill
07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Realistically speaking, if you want durability, a shoe with a 6 month warrantee is all you need.

Of the shoes you listed, the ones with warrantees are:
Court Ballistec 3.3
Propulse 3
Big Shot
Barricade
Gel Resolution 3

The most durable of those, I believe, are the CB's.

From there, as far as comfort is concerned, I've heard good things about the GR3 and the Propulse.

None of these are going to be terribly lightweight, but the lightest of the bunch are the Gel Resolution's, which are 15.5 ounces. Not bad at all.

For support, Propulse and Gel Resolution, Barricades at a close 3rd.

So my vote for you is the Gel Resolution or the Propulse, and my personal favorite is the CB 3.3.

I'm in the same boat as you are man, 6-8 hours everyday in the summer heat. It's so, so good. I managed to wear through a pair of CB's in a little over a month, I was so proud of myself :P

Hope you find what you're looking for my friend, and the best of luck to you.

rafabull
07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
^^^^^^^
Thanks for the info man!
I've limited my choices to the CB 3.3, GR 3, and the BigShot. I'm gonna go try them on today :)