PDA

View Full Version : String tension, type, durability question

YuNO123
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
hi, i have a Dunlop aerogel 4D 500 TOUR, string pattern is 16 x 18, the frame stiffness is 71, im looking for a string that are compatible with the frame's stiffness, and tension between 55 - 65 that match up with this racquet's string pattern. and good in durability for use.

there are 2 i have in my mind: torna big hitter blue, RPM Blast.

so, any suggestion? :D:)

YuNO123
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
waitting lol

rrben29
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
hi, i have a Dunlop aerogel 4D 500 TOUR, string pattern is 16 x 18, the frame stiffness is 71, im looking for a string that are compatible with the frame's stiffness, and tension between 55 - 65 that match up with this racquet's string pattern. and good in durability for use.

there are 2 i have in my mind: torna big hitter blue, RPM Blast.

so, any suggestion? :D:)

Proline II 1.15 at 52 lbs ;]
LOL jk welllll
out of two id have to say with my experiences with RPM Blast it is a durable string yes but after about lets sayy 5-7 hours of play its dead and basically unusable... Freshly strung and up to the first 5 hours it provides alot of spin and a decent amount of pop based on your gauge and tension. The strings play like its strung higher tho so beware. Id say string it at like 58 at highest if you use it nothing over or you wont like the feel of it.

fortun8son
07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
What have you used before?
What's your style of play?
Are you a string breaker?
How often do you intend to restring?
Ever have arm pain?
I don't know of ANYONE who chooses a string or tension based solely on the frame!
As a blind recommendation. I'd say start with Prince Syngut w/Duraflex at mid tension and work from there.
For poly full bed, Tourna BHBR @ 54 is a good starting point.
Or use both as a hybrid with the Syngut crosses 5lbs higher.
Keep a record.