PDA

View Full Version : Finding spin-friendly string with feel?

DNA2002
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I am currently using two kinds of string on myHead Youtek Prestige MP 18*20.
First, Hurricane 17(main)+NRG2-17(cross)
Second, Tecnifibre Black Cord 17(main)+NRG2-17(cross)

Actually, I am torn between two hybrid strings....
The first hybrid strings give me better feel, but less spin.
The second ones give me much spin, but too tough feel.

So I am finding more spin-friendly string(like Black cord poly) with more soft and good feeling.

Which string do you recommend for me?

Any comment, appreciate!

Tennis Is Magic
07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I am currently using two kinds of string on myHead Youtek Prestige MP 18*20.
First, Hurricane 17(main)+NRG2-17(cross)
Second, Tecnifibre Black Cord 17(main)+NRG2-17(cross)

Actually, I am torn between two hybrid strings....
The first hybrid strings give me better feel, but less spin.
The second ones give me much spin, but too tough feel.

So I am finding more spin-friendly string(like Black cord poly) with more soft and good feeling.

Which string do you recommend for me?

Any comment, appreciate!

Lots of spin =/= feel. Your best bet is to go gut, but a spin-friendly and feel-friendly string are on opposite ends of the teeter totter aside from that.

CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS!
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
tennis is magic is wrooooong check out solinco barb wire. phenomenal in both categories

fgs
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
i'd rather say that a stiff string usually comes around with less "feel". i do think that amongst the polys there are some spin-friendly and feel-friendly strings - amongst the ones played by me (mostly in hybrids) are mantis power polyester, kirschbaum competition and polyfibre black venom rough.
i'm sure that there are some others out there i haven't tried yet.
you always have to bear in mind that a poly, even a soft one, will be a lot stiffer than a natty gut or the regular multi, so there will be a starting deficit in the feel-sector anyway when compared to those! but you can find some polys that play better than some multis in the feel department nevertheless.

Tennis Is Magic
07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
tennis is magic is wrooooong check out solinco barb wire. phenomenal in both categories

Barb wire is a poly. It may not hut your arm, but no poly will give you better than below average feel.

joshj2112
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I disagree with the above post. barb wire gave me the best feel I ever had with a string. I was hitting amazing drop shots and the racquet felt so much more crisp.

DNA2002
07-09-2011, 04:41 AM
I disagree with the above post. barb wire gave me the best feel I ever had with a string. I was hitting amazing drop shots and the racquet felt so much more crisp.

Thank you for your comment.
Yes, I am looking for spin friendly(such as textured surface, pentagon surface,,,) string which also has feel, soft touch.
I will try Solinco barb wire.
Did you use Weiss Canon black 5 E?
Someone recommend me this one, it would be very soft feel(definitely it has pentagon shape).

thanks.