PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Gosen strings?

Donny0627
07-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I normally use Pro Hurricane 17, but have been experimenting with some alternative and cheaper strings. Today I tested Gosen Polylon 17 @ 52lbs, and really enjoyed it.

Now I bought a pack in natural. Looking at the reviews for the different colors, people seem to report that the yellow, natural, and ice colors play significantly different. Are they correct, or are they really just the same string as I originally suspected, with maybe just a slight variation because of the color dyes effect?

Thanks is advance...

Donny0627
07-09-2011, 10:31 AM
bump... anyone?

Doubles
07-09-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't have much experience with the different colors for their poly strings, although white Polyon SP seemed to play like Pro Hurricane. However, OGSM in the natural color, is more powerful, and has more feel than in the white color. But that it just my opinion...

Larrysümmers
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
i am a big fan of polylon. i string it at low tension and i have nothing but amazing results. I was using pro hurricane in a racket, but as soon as they went dead(10ish hours at 55lbs) i played with my other racket that i strung with polylon a couple months ago at 40lbs.
twas beautiful.

flashfire276
07-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Say what? I don't think the color really matters, right?
I played with the "ice" one which was a nice clear looking poly. I still use it as my budget go-to string. Best bang for your buck, literally.

dingo
07-09-2011, 10:39 PM
I have played with Polylon Ice 16 for years. Finally got a reel some time ago. It has pretty good feel, lasts forever - I always end up cutting it. Strung it yesterday at 53lb for the first time - even better than doing it at my usual 60lb. I regret I hadn't strung it at this lower tension before - it feels like it's 2x as playable at 53 than at 60.

Donny0627
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I must have not worded my question well. I already know tht I like Polylon, I just want to know if there is a difference at all between the natural, ice, and yellow colors as a couple of reviews suggested...

retlod
07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't notice a difference between clear and yellow. No experience with white.

bcart1991
07-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Yes, there is a difference. The yellow/natural plays a bit stiffer than the Ice/clear. I haven't played with the white.

Tennis Is Magic
07-11-2011, 05:21 AM
I've grown to really love polylon 16. I strung it up Thursday, have gotten a good 7-8 hours out of it already, and it's playing almost identically to the way it did after it did once it lost it's elasticity. It's lost a little bit of tension, so now my shots are flying deeper, but it's nothing to worry too much about right now, and I still haven't felt compelled to cut them. Less than two dollars for a string that plays beautifully and will probably take me 15 hours to break? Can't beat that, my friend :D