PDA

View Full Version : Got the new Red Barricade 6 - Slightly different.

4sound
07-09-2011, 01:40 AM
I've been waiting for Adidas to do the Barricade in red and my wish came true. I got them in yesterday afternoon and thought they would basically be the same as the other Barricade 6 I have in the Black/White (Red Line) color scheme. To my surprise they're slightly different. Cosmetically, the side paneling is different. The fit feels a little more narrow and the heal is slipping a bit. I don't remember this with the others I've had in the past.

I'll break them in over the next week but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same.

UPDATE
I wore them all day today giving lessons. I can tell that breaking in this new version of the 6 is already faster. Figured out a good lace tightness to keep the heal from slipping. Toe box is definitely more snug so I can see issues with jamming of toes playing hard in matches. Overall I think they feel a little bit more nimble than the first version of the 6. One other thing I noticed is that the tongue doesn't slip around as much. I still like the 5 better.

tsongaali
07-09-2011, 07:29 AM
I've been waiting for Adidas to do the Barricade in red and my wish came true. I got them in yesterday afternoon and thought they would basically be the same as the other Barricade 6 I have in the Black/White (Red Line) color scheme. To my surprise they're slightly different. Cosmetically, the side paneling is different. The fit feels a little more narrow and the heal is slipping a bit. I don't remember this with the others I've had in the past.

I'll break them in over the next week but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same.

Please also take note if there is added breathability because of the newly designed holes. I highly doubt there will be a significant difference.

joserulesallthings
07-09-2011, 11:04 AM
This shoe blows

Area 420
07-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I just bought one pair of the old black and green and the new blue ones with the vents at the same time and the fit is slightly different. The vent panel in the new update right where the pinky toe is is less flexible and not as plush feeling. It feels a little more restrictive and narrow. Almost more tapered. I guess I've experienced some heel slipping in both the updated and the original pairs with more toe jamming occurring in the updated cosmetics pair.
I've had both for a little over a week now and have about nearly completed the break in on both pairs, and while there are little differences, they really don't prove that noticeable IMO.

Area 420
07-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Please also take note if there is added breathability because of the newly designed holes. I highly doubt there will be a significant difference.

I honestly didn't really notice any difference in ventilation, my feet come out of both versions hot and damp so....

Tough Gut
07-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Pics?

10chars

4sound
07-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't notice any difference in breathability with this version of the 6. I hope the 7 will be lighter.

Again, I like the 5 or the 4 better.

3 was just bad IMO.

2 was good but felt bulky and too stiff in the beginning. Great after break in, but wasn't that breathable enough in the upper. Tongue was always slipping to the side for some reason.

Here's pics so you can see the difference on the side panels.
First Version of the Barricade 6
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=AMB6WB

New Red Version
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=AMB6BR

Gene1994
07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
hardcore looking shoe

whomad15
07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
the 6 looks awesome. Feet feel like they're in an oven, and they're much too narrow in my opinion. I finally "broke" them in and my toe still jams all the time and heel slips a bit too.
I just don't have the confidence in the 6 like I do in the 5. Hopefully the 7 goes back towards the 5, just guessing from the style of the shoe (adidas lines are in the same place).