PDA

View Full Version : Are Barricade Team shoes narrow in toe?

ttbrowne
07-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I have tried on the Adi Zero and it was really narrow in the toe area. I was vacationing in Nice, France and was gonna stop in and try on a pair of Barricade Team's but didn't have the time. Does anyone know if they are as narrow as the Adi Zero?

2kJosh
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
If you have wide feet your best bet is to stay away from adidas until you hear otherwise, I have narrow feet and they still squeeze me a bit.

ttbrowne
07-16-2011, 06:45 PM
If you have wide feet your best bet is to stay away from adidas until you hear otherwise, I have narrow feet and they still squeeze me a bit.

Josh, Thanks but Adidas has some very wide shoes. The Barricade is one of the widest shoes I've ever tried on. Their CC Genius comfortable for me also. I was just talking about the toe area. But, I don't think that many people know too much about the Barricade Team yet.

Jonny S&V
07-16-2011, 06:49 PM

Complete opposite of my experience. Adidas shoes are typically wider (more-so than Nike, for sure). I have feet in-between widths (between 4E and D), so it's hard to find fitting shoes.

As for your question, no, the Barricade don't have a narrow toe. It's perfect for my feet, so if you're in the same boat as myself, than you should go for them (I personally own two pairs of IIs and a pair of VIs that I got via warranty).

got spin?
07-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Teams are awful durability wise, just drop a few extra dollars and get some barricades. Its like getting two pairs of shoes in one. the teams have bad stitches in them that break and the adituff is awful.

Jonny S&V
07-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Teams are awful durability wise, just drop a few extra dollars and get some barricades. Its like getting two pairs of shoes in one. the teams have bad stitches in them that break and the adituff is awful.

Agreed about the durability, but they are comfier than the Barricades, it's a tradeoff.

OP: I totally misread your thread, but my point stands that the Barricade TEAMS still don't have a narrow toe.

Cloned_Spud
07-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Agreed about the durability, but they are comfier than the Barricades, it's a tradeoff.

OP: I totally misread your thread, but my point stands that the Barricade TEAMS still don't have a narrow toe.

Been wearing the Team for several weeks now. The toe box area is roomier than Ballistec 2.1 I used to wear.

The Team are comfortable just as claimed, it is out of the box comfort but would like more support in this toe box area though. After a couple of sets, the front of the shoe was very soft and very little rigidity was left. Durability - not experiencing any issues.

ttbrowne
07-20-2011, 01:21 PM

I really don't mind the duribility problem. If I find a shoe I really like, I order two pairs at a time. Been doing that for years but recently I was forced, by emergency, to get some K Swiss. They're just okay.

I didn't get to try on the Teams cause the Paris store (the one down by the Arc) was packed.

6-2/6-4/6-0
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I have the barricade teams and have not had any durability problems, but I am easier on the toes of shoes than most. Good comfort and support. Enough stability. Only thing that I would complain about is that they aren't the most breathable pair of shoes - after a couple hours on a hot day if I wear anything other than SOS Bamboo socks (doubled up because they are very thin) then my feet are rather hot. Of course, I'll play in 95 degree heat and full sun and not think twice about it...