PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Prince Lightning XX 16 Like Alternative?

patel33
07-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I recently have got a Prince Hybrid Hornet OS. I loved the way the strings performed - for the first few hours. The strings have moved all over after a few hours of play. Can any one recommend me a set of strings that perform similarly... I would also prefer something that would be easy on my elbow... and durability would also be great. I'm not looking to find the best of all 3, but rather the best combination of all 3 aspects. Thanks!

patel33
07-09-2011, 12:06 PM
If it was not obvious from the above post... I would like something that retains tension for a good while.

Smasher08
07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
If it was not obvious from the above post... I would like something that retains tension for a good while.

Apparently Wilson SGX is a Lightning XX clone ... might be worth trying.

jim e
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
You may wish to switch to a multifilament type string. It's easier on the elbow, gives a decent amount of power, and stays playable for a decent amount of time.Many of the club women players liked lightening xx because of a little extra power, but a multi can do that and be a little more comfortable as well.

Peppershaker
07-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Lightning XX is somewhat a comfort string, although if you have a sore arm a multi may be something that you should explore.

If you like the XX, I string this combination in my own racquets and several individuals that I string for. Use the XX 16G in the mains, then Gamma Synthetic Gut 17G in the crosses. I play with a Prince Bandit OS, using the above strung at 61 for the mains & 62 for the crosses. Settled on this combination after a lot of different tests.

This will not only eliminate some of the string movement, but will also improve control. Added benefit is it costs less.

patel33
07-12-2011, 11:57 AM
thanks guys!