PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop HM200G vs Yonex RDX 500 ?

nc2
07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I am using the Dunlop HM 200G, but feel it is a little harsh on my arm. So I am looking for a new racquet. Yonex RDX 500 mid and midplus seem promising. Could anyone compare these three racquets? More specifically, could anyone compare the power levels of the dunlop and the RDX 500 mid ?

steebo
07-01-2005, 11:19 AM
I've switched back and forth between the HM 200g and RDX mid all spring, but now mostly use the HM 200g due to a little more power on blocked returns. I miss the topspin, but big servers were killing me due to short returns. I never felt much difference between the RDX mid or mid+. Both played much lighter than their weight, and both played very soft compared to the Dunlop. The dunlop felt a little more solid, the Yonexes felt a little more maneuverable. Both served great. Hope this helps

nc2
07-01-2005, 12:56 PM
steebo,

your reply sure helps a lot. but what did you mean when you said the yonex racquets play soft?

and what strings do you use in your dunlop? i mostly use Head Rip control in the main and Gosen synthetic gut in the cross. the setup plays quite well, but i would like to experiment a bit more.

steebo
07-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I guess I should have said a little less powerful. I think if I were a little better player, I would still be using the RDX

Redflea
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Funny...I found the Dunlop more demanding than the RDX, due in part to the more generous sweet spot on the Yonex...I also found the RDX swung easier, even though they have about the same swing weights...