PDA

View Full Version : The Basketball Shorts Club

Tennis Is Magic
07-10-2011, 02:48 AM
This club is for all my ponies from another brony who wear basketball shorts when they play! :D Welcome!

pageltennis
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
All but one or two of my shorts are basketball shorts. Go being tall!

luv2shred
07-11-2011, 04:18 PM
That's all I play in! I dont even own a pair of tennis shorts. I've been thinking about buying a pair of tennis shorts. How are they to play in?

WildVolley
07-11-2011, 05:18 PM
That's all I play in! I dont even own a pair of tennis shorts. I've been thinking about buying a pair of tennis shorts. How are they to play in?

Tennis shorts have this wonderful invention in them called pockets. You can put balls in pockets, which makes them superior to basketball shorts for playing tennis.:)

got spin?
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
And basketball shorts inhibit stretching, tennis shorts are EXTREMELY stretchy and you can really reach out to get wide shorts. And basketball shorts are made of this nasty shiny material. THe basketball shorts also have deep pockets that dont flex at the mouth and it makes you look like an idiot trying to get your fist out of that pocket with the ball in it. Tennis shorts also dont cover your knees so you can move easier, well the fearless rafa ones cover knees but those are the only ones I know. Basketball shorts are HEAVY compared to the Challenger shorts too!

max
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm liking short shorts. Short is the new "long".

luv2shred
07-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Tennis shorts have this wonderful invention in them called pockets. You can put balls in pockets, which makes them superior to basketball shorts for playing tennis.:)

What?!? Shorts with pockets?? I've never heard of such a thing.

martini1
07-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Pockets. Not just any pockets, but deep pockets that holds 3 balls on each size. Not that I need it, but deeper pockets makes a difference.

The_Question
07-12-2011, 08:28 AM
tennis shorts are EXTREMELY stretchy

Really? Maybe I need to stop wearing Nike and Adidas cause that's not how I feel about them...

Nuke
07-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Nah, the best fake tennis shorts are . . . bathing trunks. Good pockets, dries fast, and you can also use them in the pool.

2kJosh
07-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I like swim trunks but i always end up with a rash if i run too hard with them

zapvor
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
LOl wheres HW

Kaz00
07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Heck no short shorts all the way!

TheOneHander
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, bronies, I found a wonderful thing.

Basketball shorts...with pockets.

Brohoof anybody?

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/60953-Shadow%20of%20Death/953/94/brohoof_display.jpg

hollywood9826
07-13-2011, 04:39 AM
LOl wheres HW

Zapvor it is a shame you didnt start this thread, you shoudl really be the president or king or ceaser or fuhrer or czar or whatever of this club.

For those of you who do not know Zapvor he is probably 5foot7 and weighs 130 pounds when he wet and wearing boots. He plays in XXXXXXL basketball shorts that look like capri's they are so long. And not once havbe tey ever had a pocket.

I used to play in Basketball that had pockets. But as previously stated BBall short pockets suck. And when Im just hitting Its better to be able to put 3 balls in your pocket and be able to get them out easy without the pocket coming out and turing inside out and your balls go spewing everywhere.

In a match where you only carry one ball or two its not as big of an issue.

Never had a problem with BBall shorts limiting mobility though.

The_Question
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
For those of you who do not know Zapvor he is probably 5foot7 and weighs 130 pounds when he wet and wearing boots. He plays in XXXXXXL basketball shorts that look like capri's they are so long. And not once havbe tey ever had a pocket.

I think he might be a little shorter than 5'7"...you're being too kind, HW...

joserulesallthings
07-13-2011, 09:43 PM
This thread makes Jose sad, commenting on wearing basketball shorts to play tennis? Anyone wear a baseball hat instead of tennis hat? Who cares ?!

Fed Kennedy
07-13-2011, 10:48 PM
I keep my shorts about yea high
http://humordistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/mcenroe.jpg

TheOneHander
07-14-2011, 05:34 AM
This thread makes Jose sad, commenting on wearing basketball shorts to play tennis? Anyone wear a baseball hat instead of tennis hat? Who cares ?!

Chill out. It's all in good humor, and it provides good discussion.

retlod
07-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm 6'6" and wear Nike New Money BB shorts in size XL. They are roomy so they don't have to stretch, come down to just above my knee so they don't impair range of motion, and have deep pockets that can hold as many as three balls. Oh, and they're white. Tennis shorts, even with 9" inseams, are just too short for tall guys.

Tennis Is Magic
07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Well, bronies, I found a wonderful thing.

Basketball shorts...with pockets.

Brohoof anybody?

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/60953-Shadow%20of%20Death/953/94/brohoof_display.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZOCKPtzh3YtPzBE-5ca3G58HJUseZMI6xLOOFaLru9CihMW4j_w&t=1

You are now officially my favorite member of the forums.

And all of my basketball shorts have pockets, people. Where is your god now?

joserulesallthings
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Chill out. It's all in good humor, and it provides good discussion.

jose chill and still sad

zapvor
07-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Zapvor it is a shame you didnt start this thread, you shoudl really be the president or king or ceaser or fuhrer or czar or whatever of this club.

I used to play in Basketball that had pockets. But as previously stated BBall short pockets suck. And when Im just hitting Its better to be able to put 3 balls in your pocket and be able to get them out easy without the pocket coming out and turing inside out and your balls go spewing everywhere.

In a match where you only carry one ball or two its not as big of an issue.

Never had a problem with BBall shorts limiting mobility though.

lol
ok for the record all my bball shorts have pockets! they have pockets! they all have pockets! they are just really long. lol

MavsTennis
07-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Can I join this club? 8)
I have some Nike Kobe basketball shorts that feel exactly like the Nike dri fit tennis shorts. They have pockets!! :twisted:
They're a little long but I actually like them better than my tennis shorts.

Dave_D
07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
I wear the Nike training shorts for tennis. They have nice length, wick sweat well, and they have pockets, but not too deep of pockets so the ball flaps around when you're running around the court.