PDA

View Full Version : Estusa ProLegend Classic and Classic Neon

sleep2411
04-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Does anyone know the specifications of these rackets?

Scott99
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I played with the Jimmy Connors Estusa Neon Racket in 1992 until it broke (my fault) and I couldn't locate another one, anywhere, at that time.

Recently, I purchased both rackets (NEW!) on **** from a Seller in England who claims that he found an opened box while relocating his warehouse. Whether that is really true is unknown but both rackets arrived as promised in new condition with plastic still on the grip and Estusa strings with the logo painted on the strings with matching Estusa covers. (amazing! )
I ordered 2 Neon rackets and one black frame racket and recently had them weighed at a local proshop.

(1) The Estusa ProLegend Classic "Pro" (Black Frame with gold and blue accents) is more of a straight beam racket that weighs 12.8 oz (with strings) and is 95 Square Inches. Because of the name of this racket I expected a frame similar to the Neon Racket , but it is nothing like it all. This model may have been used by Boris Becker at one time but that is unconfirmed.
It is much too heavy for me and I will be selling this one.

(2) The (Jimmy Connors) Estusa ProLegend Classic, "Neon" Racket (Neon Yellow with Pink grommets) is a more modern looking wide body frame that weighs 11.4 oz (with strings) and is an estimated 4-5 pts head light and is 97 Square Inches. It is very well balanced with added shock absorber inserts in the frame at the 4 , 8 and 12 o'clock head positions. I really like the feel of this racket and now play with this racket exclusively again.

I hope this info helps.

Scott99

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
how does the racket play?

Scott99
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
it plays quite well, thank you!
a classic ahead of it's time.....imo

Scott99