PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid String Recommendations

LiquidSnake
07-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi,

Currently using:

Racquet: Babolat Aero Pro Drive GT

Natural Gut
Babolat VS Team (1.30mm/G16) @ 27kg MAIN (Current)

Polyester
Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour (1.25mm/G17) @ 26kg CROSS (Current)

I have my eyes on the following polys, after reading in the forums and online:

Solinco Tour Bite 16L (1.25mm/G16L)
Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough (1.25mm/G16L)

I got the Babolat VS/PHT hybrid prepacked at $55AUD (live in Australia). Can someone give me similar or even better alternatives to the Babolat VS Team Gut, because over here VS Team Gut is $89 for 12m and thats heaps expensive, also i want to try out the other Poly alternatives (as CROSSES) out with the VS Team Gut/similar or "better" (in MAIN).

Got the VS/PHT Hybrid strung today (played for about 3 hours so far) and compared to my old racquet (Wilson nCode Tour 95 - Full poly Pro Supex Big Ace @ 24kg) I'm liking the Babolat APD a whole lot better, good spin, nice control and power is so easy to generate.

So anyone have Gut (as MAINS) and polys (as CROSSES) they would highly recommend over my current setup and why?

LiquidSnake
07-14-2011, 03:31 AM
BUMP!! Anyone?

smirker
07-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi,

Currently using:

Racquet: Babolat Aero Pro Drive GT

Natural Gut
Babolat VS Team (1.30mm/G16) @ 27kg MAIN (Current)

Polyester
Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour (1.25mm/G17) @ 26kg CROSS (Current)

I have my eyes on the following polys, after reading in the forums and online:

Solinco Tour Bite 16L (1.25mm/G16L)
Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough (1.25mm/G16L)

I got the Babolat VS/PHT hybrid prepacked at $55AUD (live in Australia). Can someone give me similar or even better alternatives to the Babolat VS Team Gut, because over here VS Team Gut is $89 for 12m and thats heaps expensive, also i want to try out the other Poly alternatives (as CROSSES) out with the VS Team Gut/similar or "better" (in MAIN).

Got the VS/PHT Hybrid strung today (played for about 3 hours so far) and compared to my old racquet (Wilson nCode Tour 95 - Full poly Pro Supex Big Ace @ 24kg) I'm liking the Babolat APD a whole lot better, good spin, nice control and power is so easy to generate.

So anyone have Gut (as MAINS) and polys (as CROSSES) they would highly recommend over my current setup and why?

Klip Gut (as it's made in Australia) and a cheap syn gut which should hold tension better than any poly. I am about to go with a gut (VS Team) main and Head RIP Control cross which should also be worth considering.