PDA

View Full Version : 3.3 break in??

y12.pats
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I just got the 3.3 delivered to me. Im wearing them in the house as kind of a pre- break in. They feel very stiff in the uppers. Do the uppers get softer after break in? I dont want to hit with them tomorrow and then have them not soften up cuz then i cant return em.
Thanks

FedererBestTennis
07-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I just got the 3.3 delivered to me. Im wearing them in the house as kind of a pre- break in. They feel very stiff in the uppers. Do the uppers get softer after break in? I dont want to hit with them tomorrow and then have them not soften up cuz then i cant return em.
Thanks
I felt the same way when I got the Wimbledon 3.3's, but then my friend literally bent the shoe in half and it did wonders to take off the stiffness. Try it.

heat010
07-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Got the blue and the green pair and yes, they are stiff out of the box. Even walking in them won't really soften them up. Just hit the courts and put a few sets on them and they will start molding and softening up. Really hard cuts, runs and sudden movements will put the appropriate strain on the materials to get them broken in. Once you do though, the shoe is rock solid and stable. You'll love them!

USERNAME
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
You my friend are in for a LOOOOONG break-in. Took me quite some time (1 or 2 weeks) to get them to that "perfect" fit. They're playable after a few days but no where near as comfy as say the vapors. I will however say this, once broken in these shoes are great!

y12.pats
07-12-2011, 04:02 AM
SOunds good thanks all. Im gunna take em out for a hit today. Maybe wear two pairs of socks to cushion up the feel.

tennisnoob3
07-12-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NIGcNrDxFw

The Big Kahuna
07-12-2011, 10:12 AM
You my friend are in for a LOOOOONG break-in. Took me quite some time (1 or 2 weeks) to get them to that "perfect" fit. They're playable after a few days but no where near as comfy as say the vapors. I will however say this, once broken in these shoes are great!

Agreed. These particular shoes are among the most stable I have ever played in, and definitely the most challenging to break in - if indeed they ever do.

While the performance of this shoe is outstanding, the shoe never really gets "comfortable". That said, vastly superior to the Vapors in terms of support and cushioning. Vapors will kill you back and knees.

The Big Kahuna
07-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Agreed. These particular shoes are among the most stable I have ever played in, and definitely the most challenging to break in - if indeed they ever do.

While the performance of this shoe is outstanding, the shoe never really gets "comfortable". That said, vastly superior to the Vapors in terms of support and cushioning. Vapors will kill your back and knees.

FedererBestTennis
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
That's exactly what I was talking about.

y12.pats
07-12-2011, 11:49 AM

if he does that to the 2.3s i wonder what he does to the 3.3s… hire a bulldozer???

wickedfps
07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
You need to hit the courts and not just your typical wear around the house. It was a painful break in for me. After the break in process, the shoe fits like a glove. Upon having the result i got, id most definitely go through pain again lol. It's worth it!

PaulFCB
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm actually planning to buy the Blue 3.3's these weeks.
The thing is here almost all courts are clay, I somehow prefer hard courts, are 3.3's recommended for clay?
Of course, the snickers are very nice, I will use them as casual a lot but is they're comfort really a problem? I have been playing with some Adidas that are rather for indoor sports and are really thin and make my feet hurt after a while, gotta get something new, will also go for Adidas Bercuda that look nice.

jkang909
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
when i first wore the 3.3s, my feet felt like they were standing in fire.... but after a month, they started to feel really comfortable

then i bought another pair and is was A LOT easier to break in

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM

okay so was I the only one who saw Nadal's insoles? The ball of the foot and I think the heel parts of them were ripped open or something, it almost seemed like they were pretty shot, but he continued to use them... I find that strange for some reason

y12.pats
07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Took them out when I hit today. MAN THEY HURT! After going from a 4 month old pair of 2.3s these felt terrible. Did not move at all well, the 90 degree heat didnt help. Hoping to get them fully broken in by saturday (my USTA tourney). I play for 3 hours everyday….. so hopefully it will work! thanks

tennisnoob3
07-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Took them out when I hit today. MAN THEY HURT! After going from a 4 month old pair of 2.3s these felt terrible. Did not move at all well, the 90 degree heat didnt help. Hoping to get them fully broken in by saturday (my USTA tourney). I play for 3 hours everyday….. so hopefully it will work! thanks

actually, the heat does help. would you rather it be freezing cold or 100 degrees when trying to break in a plastic material?

Darko
07-13-2011, 01:55 AM
I'm trying to break in 2 pairs of the 3.3's. They hurt like crazy.

Soon though. Soon...

-Hope-
07-13-2011, 08:49 PM
My god. I was thinking of getting a pair of these for my upcoming HS season (and probably still will) but these break-in horror stories are a little terrifying, even if the shoes are great afterwards. Lol...

trebbor
07-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Weird, I own a pair of the CB 1.3, 2.3 and 3.3's.

I fitted the 2.3 and 3.3 perfectly. No break in was needed. Only the 1.3 needed break in. When I first wore the 1.3's, they hurt a lot. Never had shoes before that needed some break in before the 1.3's. After a few painful tennis sessions, the 1.3 fitted nicely, lol.

The 3.3's are awesome now, feels a bit lighter than the 2.3's, but I kinda liked the "sock"-feel at the ankle's of the 2.3's that the 3.3's doesn't have anymore.

parasailing
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
The CB 3.3 are narrow so if have wide feet, there will be some breaking in period. If you add insoles to it, you also might have issues with the plastic that rubs against the side of your ankle. This wasn't an issue in the 2.3s as it was fabric but the 3.3 have the plastic reinforcement that took quite some time to soften.

The Big Kahuna
07-14-2011, 05:31 PM
okay so was I the only one who saw Nadal's insoles? The ball of the foot and I think the heel parts of them were ripped open or something, it almost seemed like they were pretty shot, but he continued to use them... I find that strange for some reason

My guess is that they are custom orthotics and he replaces the stock insoles in all his shoes with them.