PDA

View Full Version : Best 3 of these 5 Polys?

TripleB
07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm looking for something similar to WeissCannon TurboTwist 1.24mm with just a tad more crispness - not stiff - just more crisp than the TurboTwist.

Going to be putting them in a Dunlop AeroGel 4D 300 with Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L crosses...probably strung at 54 mains and 56 crosses.

So, which 3 of these polys should I put in my new racquets?

PLEASE CHOOSE THREE OUT OF THE FIVE.

Thanks.

TripleB

TripleB
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the votes so far.

I believe I'm going to go with the Volkl Cyclone 1.25mm, Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough 1.25mm, and Signum Pro Tornado 1.23mm (I know the Mosquito is in third place but I'm going to stick with strings larger than 1.20mm).

TripleB

Torres
07-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Tornado and Mosquito Bite just isn't in the same league as BHBR and Cylcone.

Besides, you wouldn't want to use a string as thin as MB in tha 98/16x19 of yours.

Black Widow is worth trying as a full bed. That way you can ditch the Gosen.

Also bear in mind that Gosen white and natural play differently

TripleB
07-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Also bear in mind that Gosen white and natural play differently

Should have been more specific in my original post...it's the Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L white (I'll go back and change it). I have been using the Forten Sweet Synthetic 16g but am finding it a bit too soft.

TripleB

Torres
07-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I've no experience of BHBR 16, but I'd be tempted to experiement with the 16 as well as the 17 in a stick such as yours. BHBR runs thinner than the stated gauge.

HiroProtagonist
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
SPPP or SPPPP is my absolute favorite followed by Cyclone.

pvaudio
07-13-2011, 01:46 PM
The bottom three, and by a huge margin.

TripleB
07-13-2011, 02:36 PM
The bottom three, and by a huge margin.

Be an interesting study...do string companies with a name nearer to the end of the alphabet make better strings?

I'm a teacher and one year in the highest math class at our school, 27 out of the 31 students in my class had last names that started from A to M and only 4 students had last names from N to Z. Just found it interesting.

TripleB

Torres
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Another point I forgot to mention. If you're going to try BHBR, you should also try BHSR.

BHBR also works better when strung at mid (CP) to highish (LO) tensions in my view as its a powerful poly. The 'low tension poly' fad is really for stiff polys, not for something like BHBR which is pretty springy. A difference of a 2-3lbs can also make a big difference to how it plays. It's really a string where you need to get the tension right for your racquet. 51lbs CP for me (95/18x20) and shots can get a little too loose for my liking. 53lbs is perfect immediately post stringing. 54lbs better, and a mixed BHBR/BHSR better still for control. Depends on your racquet setup and how you play and what you're looking for from a string.

I'd also suggest you try it as a full bed as its nowhere near uncomfortable enough to need a synthetic gut to soften it up and its not as if its underpowered. At lower tensions it has phenomenal touch and feel for a poly.