PDA

View Full Version : strings for a flat hitter

wolfdog410
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
i'm a beginner about to buy my first racquet that's not found at big 5 for <$20, but i don't know what the best strings would be to suit my game. so far i'm a relatively flat hitter that camps around the baseline. at 6'2" i can create most of my own power, so i'm mostly looking for a low-powered, control-oriented set up with decent feel and is somewhat forgiving of the mishit. any help would be greatly appreciated. also if you could recommend some tensions for said string jobs that would be great

thanks,
blake

mrtrinh
07-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I would stick with a nylon/synthetic gut for your level of play such as prince synthetic gut duraflex or gosen og micro. As you progress and get better you can worry about strings. For now work on your technique and strokes

wickedfps
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Stick to the mid tension recommendation on whatever racket you got and go from there. Minor adjustments can be done later. It is kinda hard to give suggestions without knowing your current equipment, the racket u used to have and the things you want to change per se.

Also, you could be getting your power, as a beginner from your arm/s alone instead of doing the proper strokes as a unit.