PDA

View Full Version : I need a new shoe

TennisCanada1
07-13-2011, 11:16 AM
I use the Vapors from Australian Open 2011 (White and Yellow). I like the comfort and light weight, but I think my feet are too narrow for the shoe, because when i tie the shoe, the laces are like bind together.
The barricades look nice but they are kind of heavy and hard to get on and off.
What shoe should I try?
I have been using the vapors for more than two years now.

got spin?
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Barricade 6, Barricade V, Breathe Cage II, Courtballistec 2.3 or 3.3, These are worth 4x more than those vapors. Sure theyre light weight, but if your not getting them for free, why spend that kind of money on a shoe that has awful durability. Try to find on with a Guarantee, basically your getting 2 pairs of shoes with a guarantee.

kchau
07-13-2011, 11:38 AM
try the courtballistec 2.3

they are heavier, but are narrower than the vapors and breath cage ii.

TennisCanada1
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
It's not about durability, its about playability. I am tying my shoes every 5 points in a match, because my laces are too long and the vapor is too wide.

jim e
07-13-2011, 12:34 PM

tennis_addict_444
09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Look into the Adidas adizero feathers, they are a narrow shoe with reasonable durability and extreme lightness. If you had a wide foot I would say to stay away from them but for narrow feet they are perfect. I have a pair of them I am looking to get rid of beacause I have 2 pairs already so send me a email at gmuller444@gmail.com, I am willing to let them go for pretty cheap.

Ramon
09-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Adidas adiZero Feathers are narrow (narrower than the Barricades). Adidas Responses are even narrower and not as stiff. They probably don't make tennis shoes that are any narrower than that. Another narrow option is the New Balance 804 in B width, though it's not as narrow as the Adidas models I mentioned. I personally like the 804's, but Feathers look cool and perform nicely for me, despite the fact that a lot of people complain about the fit, discomfort, and durability of the Feathers.