PDA

View Full Version : Volkl grip size pallets

cakewalk
07-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Can some one explain how these work? They actually let you change grip sizes up/down seamlessly?

NoBadMojo
07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
yes, you can easily change gripsizes. the pallets are a plastic material and come in halves plus the corresponding butt cap. remove the old pallet and replace w. the new and you are in business. a hair dryer works to loosen the pallet you wish to remove.

cakewalk
07-01-2005, 10:04 PM
That is a very good feature. I just ordered a Volkl Tour 10 Mid Gen II, and hopefully this racquet will allow grip changes. I know i'm beating this thing into the ground, but does this pallet feature exist on ALL volkl racquets? -specifically the T10 GenII ?

Thanks!

katarddx
07-02-2005, 07:23 AM
That is a very good feature. I just ordered a Volkl Tour 10 Mid Gen II, and hopefully this racquet will allow grip changes. I know i'm beating this thing into the ground, but does this pallet feature exist on ALL volkl racquets? -specifically the T10 GenII ?

Thanks!
as far as i know they do exist for all of the racquets of volkl, and it is a GREAAT feature. As NBM said, it is very easy to change it, just 2 plastic halfes.

gotwheels
07-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Is the pallet removal a pretty clean process using a hair dryer or heat gun? Any clean-up involved? Can you save the old pallet?

What is the recommended process for re-attaching the new pallet? Is there an adhesive used and if so, what type?

Thanks for the all of the good information, as usual.

cakewalk
07-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, the pallets from my old Volkl racquet came off after considerable effort, one of them snapped in two in the process, but still can easily be re-attached as 2 pieces. The pallets were attached to the racquet via adhesive tape. The main problem was removing the staples from the top of the butt-cap to have that removed. You need to take the butt cap off first before you can take off the pallets, and it was stapled through INTO the handle. I had to use a DREMEL to cut each of the 4 staples in two, then bend each piece, and YANK it out with considerable effort using pliers.

ian5
07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Where can you buy the grip pallets?

Thanks

Ed Lee
07-04-2005, 04:07 PM
TW stocks Volkl pallets. Good luck with the switch.

cakewalk
07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
just type in "volkl pallets" in the search window on TW itll show em. I'm planning to just rip off the pallets from my old racquet and transfer them onto the one i just ordered to save money :/

NoBadMojo
07-04-2005, 08:25 PM
to get the staples out of the buttcap you merely slip a small screwdriver under them and pop them off..there are 4 of them..total time to do this is probably less than 2 minutes

andirez
07-05-2005, 01:59 AM
to get the staples out of the buttcap you merely slip a small screwdriver under them and pop them off..there are 4 of them..total time to do this is probably less than 2 minutes

The staples are indeed quite easy to remove if you use a small screwdriver. Don't start fooling around too much with pliers to remove staples, it is much easier if you slip a small screwdriver underneath and use that as a lever.

My main problem was heating up the glue enough so that it came loose. Maybe my hairdryer just isn't powerful enough.

ChipNCharge
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Can I go from a 4 5/8 to a 4 1/2 by switching pallets? If so, will I also need to replace the butt cap with a smaller one?

Chip