PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone vs Silverstring.....please compare them

Tmano
07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
So far with my surprise(because so cheap)I got to say that I have really liked Cyclone especially in the 16 gauge. Great blend of control and spin and mediam power. The only complain is that loose tension pretty fast but if you adjust your game Cyclone still works fine for a few more hours.

Anyhow, right now I'm in about to try Silverstring and question I would like to know how you guys compare this two strings; similaretis and differences.

Thanks

pvaudio
07-13-2011, 08:48 PM
They are not similar in any regard. Cyclone wins in power and spin, Silverstring wins in feel and control. Tension stability goes to SS, stringing ease also goes to SS. The two really aren't for the same type of player. Silverstring is an all-courter's string while Cyclone is best suited for baseliners.

Tmano
07-14-2011, 11:38 AM
They are not similar in any regard. Cyclone wins in power and spin, Silverstring wins in feel and control. Tension stability goes to SS, stringing ease also goes to SS. The two really aren't for the same type of player. Silverstring is an all-courter's string while Cyclone is best suited for baseliners.

Thanks pvaudio.....

So since SS and Cyclone seem very different and not comparable which strings are similar to cyclone?

pvaudio
07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
If you like Cyclone, I'd try Kirschbaum Spiky Shark.